PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER animal abuse case in CT...

moosmom
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I got a call yesterday from a rescue friend. There's another animal abuse case coming up on the docket, this time in Enfield Superior Court. State of CT vs. Kyle Berry. This guy has a history of domestic violence and was arrested on one count of animal cruelty. He was arraigned on $10,000.

He stomped a neighbor's kitten to death in front of the neighbor's granddaughter. Who knows how many other animal he's gone after.

I was going to go, signs and all. But I've decided it's best if I just go and be present in the courtroom and get all the media there. I don't want to come off as being labeled a "crazy cat biatch". I've also emailed the prosecuting attorney urging him to do the right thing and demand he be charged with a felony.

It hit me so hard, that I sat on my couch sobbing, watching Animal Cops Houston. I'm sure that didn't help. There was a beautiful mare, Princess, who had gauze and duct tape on her hoofs. She was in such pain, they decided to humanely euthanize her. I was literally yelling at the television.

Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to piss up a rope:(. Will this insaneness ever end???

I'll keep you posted.

Laura's Babies
12-30-2008, 01:30 PM
My fear is that it will only get worse. The laws are just to relaxed and violence is so acceptable these days, even against humans.. Until this hits a judge or law makers own pets and they have to see the person get NOTHING, then somethings might change a little bit.

moosmom
12-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Laura's Babies,

You are absolutely right. Until it happens to the judge or prosecuting attorney, they'll always let them slide. Makes me sick!!:mad:

catmandu
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
And with a Depression coming , more and more Animals are being abandoned and the rural areas where my grandparents had a farm, are dumping grounds for Cats and Dogs who are living in ditches and old faling down barns.
It will be be a matter of time before these Poor Craetures of God will be hunted as they in order to survive are decimating the game animals in many areas.
What a shame that it is eventually going to come to this.
And there so much hostility and meanness now, wait until these people are broke , and acnt have thier games and toys anymore :eek::mad:

momcat
12-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Where's my ultra sharp pick axe? Amtrack goes to Connecticut, Donna. My only fear is not being allowed on the train with a weapon! Soncat and I are having a rough time right now on a few fronts and we're so grateful to have our sweet Groucho. Every time he snuggles up with me I can't help but wonder how anyone can hurt such a beautiful and loving living being. Our Groucho is a wonderful and welcomed comfort to us.

If there's a petition that can be signed by those of us in other states PLEASE
let us know. I'll sign in a heartbeat and I'm confident many of our fellow PTers will too!!!!!!

moosmom
12-30-2008, 07:45 PM
My friend who writes a column for the New London Day asked me to do a story about the Jay Baldwin case and the animal cruelty laws in this stinking state. She's going to critique it and run it in her column. I'll post it when it is run.