PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! It's been a while!

wolfsoul
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! It's been a long while since I've posted. I thought I'd let you all know that I've just been super busy with life.

I'm still working as a dog groomer at the same shop. I moved in with my boyfriend almost 11 months ago. His name is Kyle and he operates heavy machinery for an excavating company (and builds trucks in his spare time!). I bought an '89 Dodge ram charger a few months ago which is my dream truck because I had one growing up. I'm going to put 33' tires on it and lift it 3 inches and repaint it next year.
I STILL have not had the time to breed Visa. A few coworkers left the shop which sent us into big overtime hours and I didn't think it was the best timing, so I had to reschedule again. But I'm sending the forms off today to have the frozen semen shipped here -- it should be here in 7-10 days and I'm very excited. Visa comes into heat in February, which makes me a little nervous because we are leaving for Cuba next month and we won't be back until Feb 2nd. I'm hoping she'll be on time or late with her heat. They always pick the most inconvenient times to be in heat!
Kyle and I are going to sell the house, hopefully in 2010, and buy a house with an acerage. Then I can have more dogs and get sheep too for herding. We're looking at pictures of a house in Nakusp right now; He says if it doesn't sell in the next few months we're going to go look at it, so maybe it'll be even sooner than we thought. I have family in Nakusp so it would be so nice to live there with them. I'm just excited to have everything done so we can start a family. I had a miscarriage a few months ago very early into pregnancy and I feel like maybe it just wasn't meant to be and we need to be moved and settled before it happens. I'm still in the planning stages though, doing alot of research and saving money, etc.
Anyways, just thought I'd let you all know what I've been up to. We're always out and about, camping, 4x4ing, mudbogging, fishing, etc, so I just haven't had alot of time to post! But I want to start posting again, especially since it's winter and I'm not working right now, I really have no excuse!

I attached a couple of pictures -- the first is Cory, the male Visa is being bred to, and the rest are all of Visa from a camping trip at Pinnacle Lake, early this summer. When she wasn't tied to the motorhome she spent the entire time running beside the quads or running in circles with a beer can in her mouth (the boys always joke about what a drunk she is -- one minute she's got Pilsner, the next she's got Budweiser, etc -- every few minutes it's a different can! LOL Belgians just need to carry something in their mouths).

Karen
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey good to hear from you! Hee hee about the need to carry something at all times - at a former job, the company VP got a standard poodle puppy, and I often took Lilly out for her potty breaks. I quickly discovered that if I found a stick for her to carry, then she wouldn't root around and find something disgusting, like a used cigarette butt or the like - to have in her mouth instead. Of course the stick had to be taken from her when we got back inside, or she'd chew it into a mighty mess on the office rugs ...

Good to hear from you, Visa is as lovely as ever! :) Glad things are going well for you, even if it means you are soooo busy!

finn's mom
12-29-2008, 01:01 PM
You have been busy! It's nice to see you back! I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but glad to see you are seeing the road ahead in a positive way. Welcome back!

Daisy and Delilah
12-29-2008, 01:16 PM
It's great to hear form you, Jordan. Welcome back!! I'm also sorry to hear about yur miscarriage. My daughter had one a little while ago too.
Great pictures. Can't wait to hear more from you!! Take care!!:)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome back, Jordan & Visa! It has been a while! Visa looks great, and I can't wait to see new puppy pictures!
I'm sorry about your miscarriage, as well.:(
Hope everything else is going well!:)

wolfsoul
12-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys! It's good to be back. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I missed this yesterday as I don't frequent PT as much as I once did, but it's great to hear from you again, Jordan! Sounds like everything in your life is going really well, though I am sorry about the miscarriage.

Good luck with breeding Visa! I hope you'll share lots of puppy pictures when the time comes... and maybe some of Visa, too? I've missed her a lot.

tikeyas_mom
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
aww Jodalini!!!!

Well seems you and I both migrated back on to PT!!!
Cya tomorrow love!!!

(also cannot wait to meet little pupskis!!!!)