PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

mustlovedogs
12-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I know it's a couple days early, but ehh, why not?

So, who's making New Year's Resolutions? What are they?

I'd have to think about mine.

Hmm...I guess I'll post later when I think of some.
:D

pomtzu
12-28-2008, 09:36 AM
My resolution is to NOT make any resolutions. That way - none get broken! :D

Medusa
12-28-2008, 09:56 AM
My resolution is to NOT make any resolutions. That way - none get broken! :D

My sentiments exactly. So if I do make one resolution, it's to stop kidding myself.

pomtzu
12-28-2008, 10:32 AM
My sentiments exactly. So if I do make one resolution, it's to stop kidding myself.

:D Great minds think alike! :D

mustlovedogs
12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
lol! that's probably a good idea. I have followed through with my resolutions before, but they were nothing too serious or important to talk about. lol. Anywho, I...

-Definitely need to take Ellie Mae on more walks as soon as it quits snowing a foot per day...I feel bad because she doesn't get the amount of excercise she needs, so I'll take her on alot more walks when we don't have a whole bunch of snow.

umm.....there's a start, I s'pose.....

Alysser
12-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Loose weight, and I mean I am serious about it this time. I joined Retrofitness and have been going alot. Hopefully it works LOL, I think that's all.

Whisk_Luva
12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
-Stop saying I don't know/ I don't mind so much.... (a hard one for me *laughs*.... I say both so often)

I had some more but cant remember them right now... I should write them down..... its all little things like that though really...

cassiesmom
12-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Be less wishy-washy and more decisive.
Learn a new skill (hopefully knitting - there is a class for adults through the local high school but it fills up really fast each semester).

binka_nugget
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Just lose weight.. I started in November and lost 10 pounds really quickly, but found it hard to resist family Christmas dinners so I decided to hold off until the new years to get back into it.

I was planning on quitting smoking too but some things have come up recently.. now I really have no desire to. Maybe sometime in the new year.

Taz_Zoee
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I usually do not make New Years Resolutions, but I think this year I might. And it will be to work with the dogs more on training. Zoee needs a lot of one-on-one for her issues. And I want to eventually get Taggart into a therapy dog program.
Sophie (Giselle) has set me on the right foot with Zoee now I just need to keep it up. And Taggart is still in his training course at ARF. I might enroll him in another too when this one ends.
OH, and I'm starting school on January 5th. Whoa, I'm going to be busy. :)

Suki Wingy
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I do not believe in new years revolutions.

CountryWolf07
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Start working out & be more positive

slick
12-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I resolve to be more tolerant/patient with my Mother.

K9karen
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Be single and free

Giselle
12-30-2008, 12:26 AM
I usually do not make New Years Resolutions, but I think this year I might. And it will be to work with the dogs more on training. Zoee needs a lot of one-on-one for her issues. And I want to eventually get Taggart into a therapy dog program.
Sophie (Giselle) has set me on the right foot with Zoee now I just need to keep it up. And Taggart is still in his training course at ARF. I might enroll him in another too when this one ends.
OH, and I'm starting school on January 5th. Whoa, I'm going to be busy. :)

Cindy! How is that coming along?? Good news? Yes? :D

elizabethann
12-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I am going to try to take care of my teeth better. Strange resolution, I know. I always flossed before bed. But lately, I've been very lazy. So I am going to floss my teeth every night.

ramanth
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I've never made any hard core ones in the past. Just little promises to myself to try and save money and work out more. I typically fail at both but I'll try harder this year. :D

So I resolve to:

1. Payoff my debts
2. Learn an instrument (either piano or guitar) but I'm not sure if I have the patience for it.
3. Focus more on my work.

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I usually try not to make any New Years resolutions but I do need to try to save money and pay off debts. Much easier said than done.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM
I would like to be the best parent I can be to our new baby.
Lose the "baby weight" after she is born (if only it was all from the baby!).
Finish my master's thesis next semester.
Learn to manage my stress more effectively.

I guess it will be quite a busy year!

wolfsoul
12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
~Keep going to the gym atleast 3 days a week
~More powerwalking with my friend
~Stay on my dairy-free/gluten-limited diet
~Go out to the clubs more to dance
~Manage the breedings I have planned
~Less procrastination
~Save more money/less spending
~Take better care of my teeth

cassiesmom
12-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Be less wishy-washy and more decisive.
Learn a new skill (hopefully knitting - there is a class for adults through the local high school but it fills up really fast each semester).

Can I add a couple more?

Lose weight - I make this resolution every year and never succeed.
Take a vacation (maybe - this is very money-dependent). Or maybe do things in Chicago - go to one of the museums that I have not been to for a long time, visit a new neighborhood, that sort of thing.

Taz_Zoee
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Cindy! How is that coming along?? Good news? Yes? :D

Sorry, I didn't come back here. Well, with the holidays and stuff I have not worked with her again. I'm so bad at this and that's why I've made it a resolution. It will be easier for me when the weather is better. But I plan on working with them tomorrow and over the weekend. :) I will definitely keep you updated on the progress.

Twisterdog
12-31-2008, 06:54 PM
I am quitting smoking, and also going to eat better and lose some weight.

Kfamr
12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
To get my sh^t together.:rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
12-31-2008, 11:31 PM
I want to start answering questions directly and stop going way off on a tangent every time. My stories have people rolling their eyes more than I can say.:) I remind myself of Rose on Golden Girls and her St. Olaf stories.

Lose weight.

Get healthy healthy healthy!!

Visit my family more.

caseysmom
01-01-2009, 12:18 AM
I remind myself of Rose on Golden Girls and her St. Olaf stories.

This cracked me up!

davidpizzica
01-01-2009, 12:48 AM
This year I want to try to stay away from the clutches of the medical profession! NO hospital stays for me this year.

DJFyrewolf36
01-01-2009, 07:28 AM
To get my sh^t together.:rolleyes:

I completely feel you on this one!

*HUGS*