PDA

View Full Version : My Little Boy ... When He Was Actually Little.

Twisterdog
12-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Attached is a picture of my son with a little rescue dog we had for a while years ago.

I generally am a very bad photographer, so it was a pleasant surprise when this picture turned out nicely.

My son is now almost eighteen years old ... and the the last four years have been terrribly difficult. Tomorrow morning he leaves after Christmas to go back across the state, where he is in a juvenile drug and alcohol treatment facility.

I guess I'm feeling a little sad tonight, and missing my little boy.

Thanks for listening.

Karen
12-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Awww, hugs too you, mom. The problem with little boys is that they grow up! But really, we wouldn't want it any other way. I hope more time will help him and you regain a good relationship.

Medusa
12-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Aw, what a precious photo and what a precious relationship that you have w/your son regardless of the circumstances. He's getting the help and counseling he needs and that will hopefully put him back on the straight and narrow. My son is 41 and when he leaves to go back to CA, I cry for a couple of days, so I can relate to your missing your son when he leaves. No matter how old they are, they're our babies. (((HUGS))) to you. I'll need some hugs in a week when my son goes back. :love:

4 Dog Mother
12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
What a great picture - your son was a very cute little boy! I am sorry you are and have been having a difficult time with him. It is so hard seeing your children make choices that are not good ones. I have been looking through old pictures too - I miss my little boy terribly too. Having my grandson, Dominic - 2 1/2 years of age - living with us brings a lot of those memories alive. Very bittersweet to see some of Rob in Christy's son. If you want or need to talk, pm me. Hopefully as he grows up, he will realize how lucky he is to have a mom like you!

catmandu
12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
WHAT A SHAME THAT THERE ARE THESE CREEPS :mad::mad: PEDDLING THIS POISON, AND PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE A COOL THING TO DO:mad:
WE ARE PRAYING TAHT YOUR SON CAN KICK THIS AWFUL HABIT:love::love: