PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the times...

moosmom
12-27-2008, 07:06 AM
I've been house/cat sitting for my friend Mike and Carolyn this past week. Mike's brother Jack had major surgery so they spent the holiday in Kansas City. Carolyn's flight was delayed last night to this morning (major league luggage under MY eyes!!). I called US Air (aka "Useless Air") to see if her flight is on time and I got a guy from THE PHILLIPINES!!!! What I want to know is, how the hell does a guy from THE PHILLIPINES know if a flight is on time or not. I've also been going online to the USAir website to check flights. It took me a shorter length of time to check it myself than to sit and wait for a guy that far away to tell me. Sad, isn't it?? No wonder people are losing their jobs.:mad::(

Lady's Human
12-27-2008, 08:10 AM
How does a guy from the Phillipines know when a flight is on time or not?

The internet, corporate databases, and ATC information.

The same way a guy from America would tell if the flight was on time or not.

Laura's Babies
12-27-2008, 08:21 AM
When you pick up a phone to call a business, there is no telling where that call will go... Sometimes you get people you can't even understand or who can understand you.. and they call that "good business"? :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't care where the customer service rep is from ... IF I can understand them. I'm actually very good at understanding people speaking with strong accents - I have several customers whom only I can understand. My employees have NO idea what they are saying, but to me it's perfectly clear. However, I have gotten several customer service reps on the phone - especially from my phone company - whom I could NOT understand.

Grace
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't care where the customer service rep is from ... IF I can understand them. . . . . .

And if they can understand me. I went to h*ll and back a few years ago with a DISH rep in India. He simply did not understand that ESPN Game Plan and Major League Baseball Extra Innings were two different entities. It got so bad that we ended up canceling our service with them.