PDA

View Full Version : Help advice

heidiv
12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I was sitting playing on my lap top and I was eating gingerbread that my mother in law had given me. She put raisins on it and I HATE THEM>.....So I had them in a pile on my table and before I noticed I think Squeak just ingested 3 I think? What do I do? I see lots of literature on line about how they are toxic to dogs but everything I have read pertains to dogs? Should I just observe her to make sure she is ok or is this something I should call the vet in for? She seems fine? But I don't know what to do?

Moesha
12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't know anything about it myself, but it wouldn't hurt to call a vet and ask about it.

moosmom
12-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Here's what I found on Yahoo:

http://www.helium.com/items/560324-substances-poisonous-to-cats

In other words, they're not sure why, but it's best that cats stay away from raisins.

I do know that grapes are toxic to cats. I'm just wondering if the toxicity is gone once the grape is cooked or dried and turned into raisins.

catmandu
12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I would keep an eye on Squaek, but I dont think that 3 raisins would hurt her. Its a shame that Cats are attracted to sweet things that are not good for them.:eek::eek:

catfamily
12-27-2008, 08:11 PM
it's so scarey for us when we think our pet has eaten something it shouldn't have.
donna gave some great info for all of us with the site she gave you.
i know that now...when we buy grapes...we wash then leave them in the sink in a strainer to dry...we won't do that anymore in case one jumps up behind our back and decides to try one.
we'll let it drain on a plate in the fridge.

i sure hope that your kitty is ok.please please keep us posted on how she is for the next few days.we really do care...i hope she is ok.
Prayers will be on the way from us.

heidiv
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Well I have kept an on eye on her the past couple of days with no change in her personality in fact she has been more crazy than normal but she does however go into the vet for her spay on Monday so I will have them do a blood test on her before they do surgery just in case.....I am a real stickler about my animals going under for surgury and I want them to make sure everything is normal before they do anything to them. Wish us luck but I am going to guess she is fine no abnormal behavior at all.....Now the spay hurdle to get over.:love::love: Thanks for all the info and well wishes! Happy Holidays everyone...