PDA

View Full Version : Eve's White Christmas

Bengalz
12-26-2008, 03:41 PM
In all the years we've lived in Vancouver I have never seen such a white and cold Christmas as was this year! Some photos:

1. The back deck rail
2. Front garage entrance
3. Driving to Whistler

... more in the next post

Bengalz
12-26-2008, 03:47 PM
We all had a wonderful holiday at Whistler and the furkids were on their best behaviour ....

1. Eve supervising the boys :D
2. Eve on snow patrol
3. Eve enjoying a sunny window

... more to come

Bengalz
12-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Zeus - always the adventurer - ensured complete entertainment was had by all:D

After surveying the big picture, Zeus checked our the sled hung from the ceiling beams hoping to entice Eve into going for a sleigh ride with him. Although he inevitably finds himself in the most precarious situations :rolleyes:, Zeus totally loves his mommy and she forgives him for everything:love:

Edwina's Secretary
12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Look at all that fabulous SNOW!!! The beauty of it takes my breath away...

Does Eve play with the adventurous Zeus?

Will Tigris be jealous?

Bengalz
12-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Look at all that fabulous SNOW!!! The beauty of it takes my breath away...

Does Eve play with the adventurous Zeus?

Will Tigris be jealous?

Sara, it is so very pretty! The day we drove up to Whistler the sun was brilliant and the snow-capped mountains were stunning :D

Eve avoids Zeus completely ... it is so funny to hear her growl at him :D she weighs a whopping 8 lbs and Zeus - well, he's about 3X her size and is totally intimidated by the little squirt :D Desi is even larger than Zeus and he pretty much moves at his own pace and tolerates the youngsters ;)

Tigris - honey - you have nothing to worry about; Eve is so not into 'other' boys :love:

Catty1
12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Awww....what a huggy Zeus! A beautiful and completely forgiveable boy! :D

Eve looks so sweet and delicate checking everything out - not misbehaving like silly Zeus! ;)

Lovely pics!

Laura's Babies
12-26-2008, 04:55 PM
I swear, that is the sweeties picture of him hugging you and it really looks like he has a BIG smile on his face and is SO in love! That is a really heartwarming picture.. I am MELTING! :eek:

All that snow and you all got in the car and went somewhere? :eek: Lordy, down here everything shuts down, none of us know how to drive in that.

Wasn't those high beam put there for a cat to explore? Geez, a cats dream world that has to be!

momcat
12-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Great pictures and gorgeous kitties, Bengalz! All of the pictures are wonderful but I do have a favorite. Even though I currently live in the city of Trenton, my heart is firmly in the mountains. I have relatives up in the Catskill Mountains in New York, when there my cousin always takes me up into the mountains and the scenery is outdone only by the quiet peace I find there. A few years ago I went to see friends in Colorado. The day we spent touring Rocky Mountain National Park was awesome and a very treasured memory. Your picture on the road to Whistler literally took my breath away, how absolutely beautiful!

Could I ask you to give all your sweeties lots of scritchies and lovies from me?
I hope you enjoyed your trip to the max!!!!!

Bengalz
12-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Your picture on the road to Whistler literally took my breath away, how absolutely beautiful!

The Sea to Sky Highway, currently being upgraded for 2010 Olympics is very scenic and I'm sure you would enjoy it immensely. The mountains are the backdrop for the Pacific Ocean just about all the way up to Whistler. It's a bendy road and somewhat challenging but absolutely incredible on a beautiful day.

Barbara
12-27-2008, 10:04 AM
How good that Tigris could read the thread after seeing the pictures- he WOULD have been jealous about handsome Zeus. But of course his little Eve is a very special princess;)
But Zeus on his mommy's shoulder can still melt every human heart.

How much fun that must have been. Even close to the Alps you see not always that much snow. We went to see Vio and Greg in Garmisch and had at least a hike around Eibsee (1000 m high) with a little snow. But Garmisch, Munich and our flat areas (500 m) are completely green :(

Bengalz
12-27-2008, 11:38 AM
How good that Tigris could read the thread after seeing the pictures- he WOULD have been jealous about handsome Zeus. But of course his little Eve is a very special princess;)
But Zeus on his mommy's shoulder can still melt every human heart.

How much fun that must have been. Even close to the Alps you see not always that much snow. We went to see Vio and Greg in Garmisch and had at least a hike around Eibsee (1000 m high) with a little snow. But Garmisch, Munich and our flat areas (500 m) are completely green :(

Barbara,

We have enough snow in Vancouver to ski! In fact, more than Whistler - it has been a peculiar year:confused: Having said that, we now have rain and it will soon be gone.

Little Eve is such a brave girl - she ventured out onto the deck and got stuck in the wet snow - Daddy had to go and rescue her:D Tigris would have been very proud of her at Whistler - she kept the boys in tow - they are quite in awe of her, despite her diminutive size:D:D

Zeus is absolutely gorgeous but a real handful. His Mom, Marianne, just deals with it;) His charm does allow him to get away with just about everything;)

Please give your boys a big Christmas hug for me and tell Tigris that Eve would love to play in the snow with him;)

Russian Blue
12-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Barbara,

We have enough snow in Vancouver to ski! In fact, more than Whistler - it has been a peculiar year:confused: Having said that, we now have rain and it will soon be gone.

We had enough snow in Ontario, so thought I would send some over your way. :rolleyes:;)

Just in December alone, we've had 40 cm!! Right now, it's raining like crazy and I just heard thunder. It's supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. Then freeze back up at the beginning of the week. :rolleyes: Great, Toronto will look like a swimming pool with all the melted snow and then we'll look like a skating rink within 48 hours.

Not enjoying these changes. Either snow or rain. Not both!

Now that my rant is over, hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Enjoy the New Year! :)

Bengalz
12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
We had enough snow in Ontario, so thought I would send some over your way. :rolleyes:;)

Just in December alone, we've had 40 cm!! Right now, it's raining like crazy and I just heard thunder. It's supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. Then freeze back up at the beginning of the week. :rolleyes: Great, Toronto will look like a swimming pool with all the melted snow and then we'll look like a skating rink within 48 hours.

Not enjoying these changes. Either snow or rain. Not both!

Now that my rant is over, hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Enjoy the New Year! :)

Kass,

I appreciate your frustration. As beautiful as the snow is, in Vancouver, it can be such a hazard. Drivers here are not accustomed to it and the hilly terrain makes driving a nightmare. It's great if you can stay put and play in it:D

Best wishes for the New Year to you and Rob and your gorgeous little kitty kids:D

Betty

Killearn Kitties
12-28-2008, 06:47 AM
So Christmassy! All that snow looks fabulous. I heard on the radio that Canada was experiencing it's first coast-to-coast white Christmas since 1971. It certainly looks as though you had plenty.

Glad to hear that Eve had everything under control during your trip. Poor girl, getting stuck in the snow! :D

And who could not forgive Zeus anything? Just look at that picture! :love::love: