PDA

View Full Version : So, what'dja get?

Suki Wingy
12-25-2008, 09:43 AM
What did everyone get this year? I was surprised with an orange Flip Ultra (a small video camera) I didn't think we could afford it this year. :D My little sister told me I was getting an 'Imaginaaaaation' box from Spongebob but I guess a camera comes close. :D

Zippy
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Parents-$100
Grandparents-Monk seasons 2 and 3
Tyler(cousin)-fuzzy posters to color(a unicorn one and a cat one)
Aunt and Uncle-$40 giftcard to Petco
Katie(cousin)-Flicka movie

I was so happy that everyone loved the gifts I gave them.I was soo worried about that.:)

Medusa
12-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I think this year's theme was "Let's see if I can make Mom cry". Happy tears, though. My son Glenn gave me a calendar w/a pic of each of my Fur Posse on each month w/captions. My RB Puddy was on the cover and as soon as I unwrapped it, I started bawling and I mean really bawling. He said "Well, I feel just great now". I sobbed "No, honey, it's great, really!" ROTFLMAO! I just really miss that little calico queen and when I saw her pic, it hit me.

He also gave me a CD of Donovan who was popular at the height of the Viet Nam war and the flower power movement. I LOVED him and his hit songs "Sunshine Superman" and "Season of the Witch". Well, when I played it while in the shower, I bawled again because it brought back so many good memories, one of which is when my nephew Roger, who is actually older than I, just got a brand new car, a Road Runner, and he showed up at my house unexpectedly and asked "Wanna go for a drive?" He had his best friend Chaz w/him, whom I'd had a crush on when I was a pre-teen. My best friend Bonnie was w/me at my house, so the four of us went for a drive in the country on the most beautiful summer day of the year. "Sunshine Superman" came on the radio and Roger cranked it up and rolled all the windows down because he knew how much I like Donovan. So there we were, four young and fresh faces, riding around listening to the drug culture music. LOL

My son also gave me a really good Canon camera (I'll have to tell you what kind later. I'm such a doink.) He said "For our trip to England, Mom". Made me cry again. And we have tickets to see the Transiberian Orchestra next Tuesday and we're going to have dinner in Cleveland. It'll be a fun night.

He gave me miscellaneous other stocking stuffers but these were the biggies that made me so nostalgic and happy. I have a good son, the best, actually. :love:

IRescue452
12-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Fleece pajamas, jumper cables for in my car (I left the interior lights on one night and car was dead by morning), $25 gas card, $25 walmart card.

I'll probably spend the walmart card on stuff for my pets.

Casper
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
My dear mum knows me too well. I asked her not to buy me anything. She, being the stubborn woman she is, ended up buying me a few things anyway.

- All seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD
- The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD

I don't like watching tv much at all, both those are two series I absolutely adore. :love:

She also donated $500 to my College Fund. In my 3rd year of college I plan to transfer to a private one to finish off my education. I can get a scholarship to pay for half of the tuition, but the other half I will have to come up with on my own. I think it is worth it, though. :-)

He also gave me a CD of Donovan who was popular at the height of the Viet Nam war and the flower power movement.

Its wonderful to see another fan of Donovan on PT! Even though I was born after his reign I still think he is fantastic. In fact, I have recently been working on a portrait of him. I got about halfway through before putting it on the back-burner.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC02434.jpg (Keep in mind, it is far from finished!)

caseysmom
12-25-2008, 02:59 PM
A twilight poster of just Edward from my daughter :love:

A dooney bourke purse from my other daughter and some flowerbomb perfume, one of my new favorites. Some starbuck gift cards, an aromatherapy candle and some other candles.

I did pretty good for an old gal!

carole
12-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Hubby and I did not do xmas pressies for each other this year, we have had a lot of expenses lately, and besides i had a birthday five days before xmas and was so spoilt then,so no matter.

We gave the kids money and some little bits and pieces, perfume for my daughter.movie card,burger king vouchers that sort of thing, and I bought some lovely books for my great nephew.

We did get some nice chocolates cadbury milk tray, not opened yet, not bad for a confirmed chocoholic lol.,we ate the other ones son and girlfriend Amber gave us for xmas, we got them early,and melissa gave us forty dollars petrol vouchers, very handy indeed.

Work disappointed us this year, we usually get a 100 dollar supermarket voucher, big fat zero this year, and they have not paid out their bonuses either, so not a good year, still keeping his job is the best present ever i think in these hard times.

Actually both hubby and I were unwell xmas day, so it was not great, but both better today, we did have my parents over for a cafe style xmas lunch, with homemade goodies i made, xmas muffins, and chocolate peppermint slice, with cibatta (sp) garlic bread, club sandwiches,chocolate cheesecake,strawberries and grapes and savoury mince,potato top and bacon and egg quiche mini pies,and although we planned to go to our favourite buffet restaurant tonight for dinner, we had to cancel,never mind,maybe again next year.

luvofallhorses
12-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I got

from my brother

Taylor Swift - Fearless CD
MP3 Player

From my parents
Some really cute pajamas and slippers
Hastings gift card
a Venus shaving set
A bulletin board
Lindt truffles (in my stocking)
a really nice cross necklace and
earrings (in my stocking)
a toothbrush that plays high school musical
music when you brush. I have to try it.
A cool cd holder
A nice pink reversable comforter

From my co - worker
A dog picture frame to put Rocky in.
a notepad

from my boss
an apple cider candle it smells really good!
a snowflake sucker
a chocolate peanut butter penguin
soap
a cute penguin refrigerator note pad
chocolate mint syrup for hot chocolate
french vanilla hot cocoa
a really pretty red with doves
portable coffee cup
a dog nic nack that is really cute it's a golden retriever!

my boss also made cookies for our dogs - they love when she makes them cookies especially Rocky liked them. :(

What I got the furkids :
dog cookies Rudy got a few toys.

The cats got pounce cat treats, a bubble thing but I am going to have to get a refund because it's cheap and the cat's head keeps on falling off on it. :rolleyes: a feather teaser thing and their favorite 2 fat cat toys!

and this is what I gave my family.

my brother
a tool socket set
a hastings gift card
a walmart gift card
a gift set ritz, crackers, sausage and hot mustard
(this was to him and his girlfriend)

my brothers girlfriend
some bath and body works stuff
a coffee pot
a walmart gift card

my mom
a bible and cover (she asked for it)
socks that are purple and smell like lilacs!
Far From Home - I have been looking for years for this and finally found it at walmart
A Paula Dean steak knife set
Sugar free chocolates (she's diabetic)
a really pretty bookmark - it's crystaly

my dad
this coca-cola ornament filled with coca-cola -
it's pretty neat!
a huge bag of his favorite candy.
(york peppermint patties, reeses,
and different kind of those hershey bars and kisses, I think)
socks
a robe
colonge

pomtzu
12-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Santa was very good to me and here's what I got...

printer/scanner/copier
microfleece p.j.'s
slippers
Twisted Whiskers wall calender
Dog-a-Day desk calendar
Assorted candy, cookies, Chex mix
2 necklaces
2 - J C Penney gift cards
monogrammed note pad
eco bags
address book/journal/pen set
illuminated lighthouse
Santa Paws socks

But the very best present, was to have my family here with me, and all in good health.

I hope you all had a wonderful day also!

Alysser
12-25-2008, 04:35 PM
-I got 4 sweatshirts- 3 roxy ones and 1 Lucky brand one
-Some PJ's
-Fabulous trip to NYC :D
-A t-shirt from the met in NYC
-A dog calender, some socks lol.
-Internet/picture mail, etc for my cell phone! I can be on PT anywhere now lol.
-2 new video games for my nintendo DS. Sonic the dark brotherhood and Spongebob drawn to life.
-A tote bag from old navy
-Retrofitness gym membership
-nail polish(neon blue yay!)
-Ed hardy Sneakers, I don't like the brand to much but I love the shoes.
-A pair of Rutgers pants, and a long-sleeved Rutgers shirt.
-Some lotto tickets from my brother(I lost all of them)
-I Love NY t-shirts, and I think that's all.

I_luv_rusty
12-25-2008, 05:42 PM
-A new cellphone (The Rant) and unlimited messaging for it
- $100
-Giftcards to Panera, Applebees, Abercrombie, & Aeropostale
-Lots of candy
-Clinque perfume
-Lottery tickets

It doesn't seem like too much, but Im happy with it all. :)

AllAmericanPUP
12-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I got...

Beautiful penguin cookie jar from bath & body works
Matching penguin mug
Really comfortable fleece pajama pants
Season 6 Law & Order SVU
Maurices Jeans
Hoodie from JC Penny's
Fantasy Perfume

Kfamr
12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I really wasn't too into Christmas. This year has been crappy so the holidays are just really upsetting. I've also found in recent years that I give far far far far more than I ever get. While I love to give, it's very disappointing when someone can't think of you.

Parents:
Shampoo & Conditioner
Razors
Martini Set
Gift cards: Walmart & Pet Supermarket

Sister:
Photo frame
Digital photo keychain

Brother:
nothing

Grandma:
$20 and candy

I also got gifts from Amy and Anna. Thank you both very much. It's a good feeling when you have friends that think of you, even if you guys are miles and miles away. :love:

animal_rescue
12-25-2008, 08:21 PM
From my boyfriend:
A Charlie The Unicorn shirt
A Metro Station(band) shirt
A Ludo(band) hoodie
4 bars of Hershey's chocolate
A Hannah Montana pen(I love her)
Wall-E DVD
The Twilight Series hardcover
Definitely a good boy, I'm very happy with everything I got from him.

From my mom:
A ton of understuff, everything. Needed it, Love it, it's great!

From my twin:
A large purse
2 sweaters and matching scarf
What Happens in Vegas DVD
A Twilight shirt

From my mom's boss:
A ton of clothes, mostly tees and sweatshirts
An ipod dock

I really love everything I got from everyone and really appreciate my boss's mom getting me stuff as well.

cali
12-25-2008, 09:05 PM
from my mom-a new set of sheets, 2 laundry baskets and a pair of nice gloves

from my brother-a pillow(an oddly comfy one actually lol)

from my dad-gloves to match the jacket he gave me for my birthday and this etched crystal thing of a dog( a Boxer)

from my BFF and her SO-Batman the dark night DVD

from my BFF's family- a mat and bathroom set to go with my "stockmans gear" collection of household stuff

my boss-a lotion set and a cert. for a night out at the movies for 2(its good for 2 movie tickets, 2 popcorns and 2 regular drinks)

Taz_Zoee
12-25-2008, 09:36 PM
My gift from Bruce was Taggart! :D So I got that early.

I basically got gift cards, which was exactly what I wanted. :)
I got a couple other miscellaneous gifts, a bell (I collect them) and two Australian Shepherd calendars (each one different).

Suki Wingy
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
I just got home from my grandparents' house and from the extended family I also got
SceneIt Harry Potter, which I totally smoked everyone at
a nice horse necklace
The Golden Compass on dvd
$40 worth of Borders cards, which will go towards Tales of Beetle the Bard and the new Fall Out Boy CD, any extra will be used as a discount on an itunes card so I can buy the audio book I wanted, a Doctor Who one as read by David Tennant, the current Doctor. :)
a horse calendar
a t-shirt with a dog and cat on it from the SPCA

I also got some clothes from my parents including slippers that actually fit my big feet. I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the clothes I have now after moving twice in the last 5 months!

K9karen
12-25-2008, 10:41 PM
A John Lennon Biography from my brother, and money

A 2009 Wizard of Oz calendar from John's son's in- laws

A dog book from John's youngest son and his gf.

Don't need much or want much. As long as my 95 y.o. uncle is doing OK and Mz Logan is healthy, I can't ask for more. I didn't mention anyone else because my 2009 resolution is to stop being a pushover and worrying about everybody all the time, and take care of myself because I developed an awful ulcer. I have enough problems and I need to love me as much as I do others.

Catty1
12-25-2008, 10:59 PM
From Mom - men's flannel jammie pants. She said I had commented on how comfy they are...I did??? LOL But no matter, they are great and I love to have them! It'll be winter for a while yet here!

AND a new hoodie with zipper...lovely!

And a new recycle bin! She just brought out this tall black Rubbermaid garbage can with the swinging lid with a bow stuck on the top and I just cracked up! :D I have 5 of them right now, for paper, carboard/newspaper, mixed plastics, foil/metal and returnable bottles. I guess this one is for plastic bags!

And 5 stick-on hooks for all my keys...and a nice top, burgundy all-in-one shirt and little sweater over it.

And home cooked turkey and all the trimmings!

From Medusa - this incredible collection of white chocolate "turtles" made with macadamia nuts with chocolate stripes, toffee with dark chocolate on one side and milk on the other, little squares of it; and little milk chocolate cashew clusters. I have sampled SOME of it, and it is GREAT!!!! *urp*

From my good friend Kim - an antique teacup and saucer, packed in layers of foam and bubble wrap, etc....a medium size box that weighed an OUNCE...this teacup is amazing. Yow!

It was a great day, it's a great season! :love::D

RipplingWaves55
12-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I was spoiled this year..

A pink shirt with hearts on it
A blue shirt with stripes (colored stripes, white, brown etc)
A leopard spotted shirt to go with my leopard spotted pants
A pink camo scarf
Cat pajamas
Dog Pajamas
A hula hoop
Glow Sticks
Kung Fu Panda Blu-Ray (best movie ever)
Dark red & white PJs
A Special Ornament
Chocolates
Scented Bubbles
From my Brother:
The New Wall-E Movie
The TNA Impact
Candy Land (i never played it when I was younger)
The New Operation game
-----
A Christmas Mug
Red Slippers

From My Dad:
A full painting set and the newest Monopoly game

Wow.. I really was spoiled... LOL.Merry Christmas everyone!

What I gave:

Love, love, love and more love..and two movies for my dad.

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I was spoiled this year.

I got a box of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee.

Now all I have to figure out is who I'm going to share the coffee with!

.sarah
12-26-2008, 12:34 AM
My parents gave me:
An iPod docking station
A blanket
A cookbook
A GPS!!! Now I don't have to borrow theirs all the time :)
A body tape measure (I laughed when I opened this! I am really getting into working out and keeping fit so my mom thought I would like it, and I do :))
A $15 iTunes gift card
An FSU book that I really, really wanted when we went to Costco a few weeks ago, but didn't have money to buy
An FSU nightlight (I love my school :))

My brother gave me:
A pedometer (when my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, this was the only thing I could come up with. I didn't have a wish list this year)

My friend Anna:
A pair of socks from American Eagle

My friend Kristin:
Some candles from Yankee Candle (unfortunately she doesn't know I'm allergic and I had to give them to my mom :()

My cousin also sent me a card with $20 in it

blue
12-26-2008, 02:41 AM
I got:

An HP MediaSmart home server.

A 1.5 TB hard drive for the server.

2 2gig sticks of memory.

Granola, roasted nuts, and pretzle sticks, all home made.

A car battery booster/air compressor.

And best of all...

Socks.

IRescue452
12-26-2008, 06:56 AM
I always ask for socks too. Being on my feet all day at work I go through a lot of socks quickly, they get holey. Either that or I lose some to the cat. My family never understands it though. They get me one or two pair of fancy socks when all I want is a big pack of white hanes socks or something. This year I figured I'd just buy my own instead of asking. Couple years in a row and they'll put me in rehab for a non-existant sock fetish.

Medusa
12-26-2008, 07:04 AM
My dear mum knows me too well. I asked her not to buy me anything. She, being the stubborn woman she is, ended up buying me a few things anyway.

- All seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD
- The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD

I don't like watching tv much at all, both those are two series I absolutely adore. :love:

She also donated $500 to my College Fund. In my 3rd year of college I plan to transfer to a private one to finish off my education. I can get a scholarship to pay for half of the tuition, but the other half I will have to come up with on my own. I think it is worth it, though. :-)

Its wonderful to see another fan of Donovan on PT! Even though I was born after his reign I still think he is fantastic. In fact, I have recently been working on a portrait of him. I got about halfway through before putting it on the back-burner.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC02434.jpg (Keep in mind, it is far from finished!)

Wow, you really captured Donovan's likeness! Great work! Can't wait to see the finished portrait. :)

catnapper
12-26-2008, 07:51 AM
I got a lot of stuff:
New wedding ring from hubby
Pretty white vest from mom
Dicken Village house from Sister in law
Applesbees gift card from daughter
Softique santa from brother

I made out pretty nice :)

joycenalex
12-26-2008, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=Lady's Human...I got a box of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee. Now all I have to figure out is who I'm going to share the coffee with![/QUOTE]
.....(raises hand) i have a new moka pot, and real cream, come by here LH, there are some primo cookies too...;):D

jennielynn1970
12-26-2008, 09:50 AM
My family decided that we weren't doing exchanges this year. My brother has been laid off for a few months, and his new job doesn't start till January. My mom and dad have been helping me out, financially, since I've been on sabbatical, so I wasn't expecting anything.

However, that being said, my mom and dad still got me things for Christmas.
Gold's Gym Treadmill
Pads for under the tread mill
Long needle nose pliers (I'm stocking up on hardware, lol!)
Steaks for my grill
Fruit

Also received a beautiful card from them, and I love the message in it.

My father loved the mustards I gave him and tried 5 of the 6 already, lol. The 6th one has to age for a few weeks, so he has to wait on that one. Mom loved the jellied candies that I made her. Well, one of them didn't jell, so I called it Quince Butter (like apple butter). It was really tart and yummy! Since I had bad luck with the quince jelling, I didn't do the apricot jellies, and instead made her an apricot, pine nut and almond breakfast cake, which she absolutely loved.

It was a good Christmas. We had a great time talking and reminiscing, and just being together.

Medusa
12-26-2008, 11:14 AM
My family decided that we weren't doing exchanges this year. My brother has been laid off for a few months, and his new job doesn't start till January. My mom and dad have been helping me out, financially, since I've been on sabbatical, so I wasn't expecting anything.

However, that being said, my mom and dad still got me things for Christmas.
Gold's Gym Treadmill
Pads for under the tread mill
Long needle nose pliers (I'm stocking up on hardware, lol!)
Steaks for my grill
Fruit

Also received a beautiful card from them, and I love the message in it.

My father loved the mustards I gave him and tried 5 of the 6 already, lol. The 6th one has to age for a few weeks, so he has to wait on that one. Mom loved the jellied candies that I made her. Well, one of them didn't jell, so I called it Quince Butter (like apple butter). It was really tart and yummy! Since I had bad luck with the quince jelling, I didn't do the apricot jellies, and instead made her an apricot, pine nut and almond breakfast cake, which she absolutely loved.

It was a good Christmas. We had a great time talking and reminiscing, and just being together.

Best kind of Christmas, Jenn. That's one of the things I enjoy most about Thanksgiving: no obligatory gift giving, just family being together, reminiscing and enjoying each other's company. I envy the fact that your parents are still alive but I'm happy for you. :)

Hellow
12-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I got:

Apple iBook (been needing a laptop that performs well, and the new Macbooks are way too expensive)
Linksys Wired router/Wireless AP (for the laptop and my wide array of NAS [Network Attached Storage]s and test computers)
$100 For anything
PCI Slot PC Case fan (Something I really need, my GFX card gets over 70C sometimes, not exactly good)
Nerf gun (yay!)

I'm in nerd heaven right now...

Suki Wingy
12-26-2008, 07:13 PM
I just spent my gift cards, and I bought the new Fall Out Boy cd, The Tales of Beetle the Bard, and A Midsummer Night's Dream on dvd.

Lori Jordan
12-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I was spoiled this year:
I got a beautiful Necklace and my Kitchen Aid roaster from Hubby.
$180
$30 Gift card for Walmart
Slippers
Candy
Set of Coffee Mugs
New dish cloths and Towels

Have not done Christmas with my mother yet so not sure what else is in store for me.

IRescue452
12-26-2008, 10:51 PM
I spent the night disappointed about my presents (hopefully not too selfishly). All I wanted was some thought. I don't care if what somebody got me costed 50 cents, it would have been a million times better to me than a gift card or a fuzzy poster of a cartoon the giver knows I don't even like. And their excuse was they didn't know what to give me, I gave several cheap suggestions under $10. I would have even preferred something homemade over something with absolutely no thought in it. I put tons of thought in what I could get people that would make them truely happy even on a budget. But I don't want to be selfish.

My ex-girlfriend and her family are surprisingly the only ones who put thought into their gifts as much as I do. I got gnome pajamas and a gnome ornament from her mom (I love gnomes), and she got me a rainbow flag and DVD's (If These Walls Could Talk 1 and 2 and Queer Duck) and funny pens and a book of bumper stickers. So now I can be happy again, people thought of me.

Sorry about the mini-rant. I think this all goes back to the fact that my mom hasn't surprised me with a gift since I was a maybe 10 or 12, I've had to go shopping with her and pick out what I want and it really does hurt like she's saying she doesn't care to think about me enough to get me something from the heart. She'd buy me stuff that cost $100, but it never made me happy. It was like her elaborate spending on my birthday would make up for the fact that she didn't spend any time with me. Maybe that's why I have so many collections of which nobody can think of anything to get me. I think I'll wind up a very organized hoarder one day. A place for everything and everything in my place.

Haven't done one of my other friend's exchanges yet, but I'm sure even her husband could think of something more thoughtful than a gift card. I got her a case of super fine glitter for crafting because she eyes it up in the store but won't allow herself to spend $20 on a few tubes of sparkles. Her husband I got a vintage Old Style glass with two handles because I thought he'd be amused and he likes Old Style stuff. I also kept finding thrift store stuff for them like additions to their giraffe collection and two greyhound stuffed animals that look like their greyhound. Thought, and it was simple. And we'd all be just as happy to hang out and watch movies with or without presents.

Flatcoatluver
12-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Let's see...

My parents:
3 sweatshirts- I need them for work
The Office Seasons 2 & 3, I already have 1 & 4.
I :love: My Shetland sheepdog license plate
Play By Brad Paisley CD
New bed spread
dvd player
book shelve

Grandma:
Page-A-Day dog calendar
A book about growing up. :)
And my favorite present because Sage has a john deere collar and leash, I wanted a sweatshirt that says Nothing runs like a sheltie, in john deere colors and a dog jumping a agility peice, I was so excited.

My Brother & his GF:
Scarf and sweatshirt, perfect for work.

My best friend:
Juno soundtrack CD
A waterbottle that was in one of the episodes of the office. :) hahaha I'm in so much love with that show.

My boss:
A sheltie shirt and tote bag for dog shows
A custom mug, She took a picture of Sage and had a man hand draw this picture onto a mug. So gorgeus.

My Groomer/Co-worker/ Freind :)
A lot of different lotions
A framed Photo of Sage and Zoey after there groom, with there painted nails and bandanas showing
A car freshner (she knows how important it is for me to have my car smell clean)
A Candle

Every year my dad's side of the family does a ten dollar gift exchange. I came home with a adorable singing frog. The dogs want to kill it so bad. ;)

lv4dogs
12-27-2008, 09:10 AM
This is the first Christmas in a long long time that I actually enjoyed. The best gifts of all were being with my wonderful boyfriend & having quite a few family members up for the whole week!
I did get spoiled for the first time in years with materialistic items too. I got a new camera (Kodak easy share Z1285), a new stereo for the dog/computer room, 2 and a 1/2 men dvd set, a few shirts, happy perfume, a super scrabble game, balderdash and a few other things.
I was very grateful for what we all had this year. It was lovely.

zippy-kat
12-27-2008, 09:21 AM
After a battle with cancer, my mom is healthy and well. :love: I received some very, very nice gifts but nothing compares to victory over the "c" word.

JenBKR
12-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I was very spoiled this year, which I was really not expecting. I told everyone not to get me anything, to just buy for Ty, but I got some wonderful gifts.

My wonderful husband got me a Crosby (Penguins) jersey (that I am wearing right now!), a scarf and gloves (that actually matches my purse :eek:) and something I have been wanting for a long time - a garbage disposal! woohoo!!

My parents got me a remote car starter :D I think it's for me AND Ty ;)

We also got some gift cards to a few restaurants and offers for child care so we can have a night or two to ourselves, which sounds wonderful!

Ty got some great gifts too. He got the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (he LOVES Mickey), Mickey indoor tent, money, clothes, books, a table and chair set, blocks, a big stuffed Mickey, and a bunch of other toys. I think we are going to have to build an addition onto the house for all of his toys (and he's only ONE!)

Just a reminder to everyone, use your gift cards soon! I heard on the news that some stores that didn't do well over the holidays are going to be closing - not sure what stores though. I would assume that Wal-mart will be just fine though ;)

Kfamr
12-27-2008, 03:21 PM
My parents gave me:
A GPS!!! Now I don't have to borrow theirs all the time :)

Which means you should be driving to my house soon, right? :)

Daisy and Delilah
12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Again this year, we all made donations to a needy family and our biggest donation to our local privately owned animal shelter. Last year we all bought things they needed. This year we all gave money.

I love this way to celebrate Christmas. It makes me feel good and we all don't go out and spend alot of money.

My sister did give me a night in St. Augustine to see the lights there. We stayed at the St. Francis Inn(Bed and Breakfast). It's where we stay when we go there. It was a great gift and I thoroughly enjoyed it.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
My first TATTOO!!! :D

And I got mostly giftcards, which, as much as I appreciate them, I could have used just cash... lol. But I'm so thrilled to spend my $100 gift card to Best Buy, you have no idea!

Suki Wingy
12-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I wanted a tattoo but I didn't end up getting it. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-27-2008, 10:14 PM
My cousin bought it for me. I'm pretty stoked. I love it.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd109/mvss302/treblebassheart.jpg

That's what I got on my left wrist, like the size of... a... one of those pink erasers? It's like an inch or two. I'll post real pics soon. =]

angelbow20
12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I was very happy with what I got this year and I got a ton of stuff!!
I got... like all together 11 different perfumes and sprays!! I love perfume, and i got juicey couture and daisy and G from gwen and ed hardy but that was for my bday, I got bed sheets and a very soft blanket, a quilt for my bed, some clothes, socks and sweatshirts. alittle make up and some little things and I got a couple gift cards for victorias secrets and american eagle also... I also put alot of thought into what I gave everyone this year and my mom said it was they best xmas ever!! I got her a grandkids picture frame with tons of pictures and things for the house that she loved.