PDA

View Full Version : We're having a baby!

finn's mom
12-24-2008, 11:02 PM
I am so excited! My boyfriend and I are expecting! I am six weeks pregnant, due on August 17, 2009. I am tired from a busy, busy day, so I wanted to make this short and sweet! :) All I want for Christmas is a healthy baby next year! :)

Karen
12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Congratulations! Any wedding plans in the works as well? ;) Finn's gonna be a big brudder to a skin-kid! Wow! A lovely Christmas surprise!

finn's mom
12-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Congratulations! Any wedding plans in the works as well? ;) Finn's gonna be a big brudder to a skin-kid! Wow! A lovely Christmas surprise!

Well, we've had an interesting relationship to say the least and we were actually engaged last February. ;) That has since changed, but we have been and are doing really well. We had been discussing getting married at the Justice of the Peace, which we are more than likely going to do now. :)

Flatcoatluver
12-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Congrats! What a great timing to find out! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Congrats!

krazyaboutkatz
12-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Congrats!!!:)

Daisy and Delilah
12-24-2008, 11:44 PM
YAY!!!!! Woooohoooooo!! I'm so excited for you guys, Kari!! That's fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS!!!:) :) :)

k9krazee
12-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Congrats Kari! :D

carole
12-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Aww Kari i am so thrilled for you both, you will make a wonderful mother, i had an inkling you might be thinking about having a baby or having one,when you started asking someone else some questions,how they were feeling when pregnant.

I hope you have a good pregnancy and sail through the birth,if you ever need some advice or have any questions, do feel free to pm me,it has been a while,but some things never leave you.BTW you baby is due just four days before my girl was born, so she/he will probably be a Leo i think, now they are challenging, but oh so worth it. lol:):D:love: Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or wait for a suprise?http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-Congratulations02.gif

chocolatepuppy
12-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Congrats! A new little Pet Talker in the making!:D

finn's mom
12-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas! We are going to find out. I'd be fine waiting, but David wants to know right away. :) And, yeah, I've been thinking about it since David and I became more than just best friends (in 06), but we found out last Monday. We just told our parents last night, though, and I wanted them to be first. :)

So far, I'm good, just more tired than usual. :) No cravings, no sickness, occasional queasiness. I'm sure I'll have my fair share of ickies, but hopefully nothing too major. We'll take one day at a time, though, regardless and just pray for strength and patience to handle whatever comes our way!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-25-2008, 07:32 AM
WOW what a perfect Christmas present for you both!!

Merry Christmas from Lut and her Girls! __________________

*LabLoverKEB*
12-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh my gosh Congratulations! How exciting!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Congratulations Kari!!

Now there are 3 of us pet talkers due in August! I'm due Aug. 6, and beeniesmom is due Aug. 8!

finn's mom
12-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Kari!!

Now there are 3 of us pet talkers due in August! I'm due Aug. 6, and beeniesmom is due Aug. 8!

And, two Karis, no less. ;) Pretty neato!

Cookiebaker
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a perfect Christmas present!! Happy & Healthy 9 months!!! :D

luvofallhorses
12-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! :)

Alysser
12-25-2008, 04:38 PM
What an amazing Christmas present for you and your BF! CONGRATULATIONS!!

DJFyrewolf36
12-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Congrats!!!!

finn's mom
12-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you so much, it's been really fun sharing the news with our friends and family!

ChrisH
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Aw, what lovely news. :D Congratulations! :D

gemini9961
12-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Congrats Kari!!!

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Congradulations!! I pray that you have a nice smooth pregnancy and labor with a happy healthy baby in 2009!

ramanth
12-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Congrats!! :D

4 Dog Mother
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Golly whiskers! What great news! And such a nice Christmas present too!

wolfsoul
12-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Congratulations!! What exciting news. :) I just can't wait to be pregnant. Keep us updated all the time!!

AdoreMyDogs
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow cool!!! You'll make a great mom, Keri! Congratulations to you and the daddy-to-be! I hope you have a safe and comfortable pregnancy.

elizabethann
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Congratulations!

Pembroke_Corgi
12-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Congratulations!! :) Best wishes for a happy 9 months- I hope that your pregnancy is easy and the baby is healthy.

pitc9
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats!
Wishing you all the best and a happy and healthy new year!

caseysmom
01-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Congratulations on your baby, I hope you pregnancy is uneventful and easy for you.

finn's mom
01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes, everyone! I've been feeling really lethargic lately, and it's been tough getting motivated to get up and move around. I don't really feel sick, just frustrated that I feel so tired. ;)

iluvjack813
01-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Congratulations xD is it a boy or girl? Name? Lol I'm so excited for you :)

finn's mom
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Congratulations xD is it a boy or girl? Name? Lol I'm so excited for you :)

:D Thanks! We're not sure of the gender, yet. I think that's around 15 weeks or something...I can't remember exactly. I'm not quite two months at this point, so we have a little bit to go before we know whether we're decorating in pink or blue. ;)

As for names, we have a few that we like...I'm debating sharing the choices or not, because people can be really vocal about their opinions, and I've been advised that we should keep them under wraps. I'm not sure if that's what we'll do, but right now, we haven't really shared many of our thoughts on the subject.

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth will be the middle name if it's a young lady. It's BOTH our moms' first names!

beeniesmom
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
OMG OMG KARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! This is awesome.
I am so happy for you. Did you suspect or something when you were asking me questions?
Wow, so many Aug. babies!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I saw this sooner.

AdoreMyDogs
01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
:D Thanks! We're not sure of the gender, yet. I think that's around 15 weeks or something...I can't remember exactly. I'm not quite two months at this point, so we have a little bit to go before we know whether we're decorating in pink or blue. ;)

As for names, we have a few that we like...I'm debating sharing the choices or not, because people can be really vocal about their opinions, and I've been advised that we should keep them under wraps. I'm not sure if that's what we'll do, but right now, we haven't really shared many of our thoughts on the subject.

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth will be the middle name if it's a young lady. It's BOTH our moms' first names!

The gender is usually determined between 17 and 20 weeks. What a blessing that you're not feeling morning sickness. So many woman seem to get hit with it and it sounds just aweful.

Neither of my pregnancies had any morning sickness (just a tiny bit of nausia with Quinn but only when driving on an empty stomach) but this boy that I'm carrying is just draining my body. I'm just so tired all the time. I was never this tired with Quinn past my first trimester, but I'm now in my 3rd trimester and I'm still exhausted almost all the time. Well, at least it'll be over soon and the REAL exhaustion will kick in :D

We will surely have to meet now that gas is less expensive and we'll both have new babies next year :)

Hugs to you. Again, I'm so happy for you!

finn's mom
01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
The gender is usually determined between 17 and 20 weeks. What a blessing that you're not feeling morning sickness.

I'm just so tired all the time.

We will surely have to meet now that gas is less expensive and we'll both have new babies next year :)

Hugs to you. Again, I'm so happy for you!

I couldn't remember exactly...but I knew it was about halfway. ;)

And, no kidding about the morning sickness! I haven't thrown up, but I always have this sort of very very mild feeling of nausea, pretty much all day. :) Especially when I'm in the car. I've always been a queasy passenger, but now I'm a queasy driver, too!

I am tired a lot, too. I sleep all night, more than usual...wake up and eat...feel fine...and then two hours later, I am sleepy! :)

And, we will definitely have to get together soon! I am mad as fire that we have waited this long! ;)

finn's mom
01-03-2009, 08:05 PM
OMG OMG KARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! This is awesome.
I am so happy for you. Did you suspect or something when you were asking me questions?
Wow, so many Aug. babies!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I saw this sooner.

Thanks, Carmen! Yeah, I knew when I saw that you were expecting. We hadn't even told our parents, yet, though, so I waited to post it here until we told our family and friends! :D August is a popular month, haha. We are super excited, can't wait to get past the first trimester!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Oooooooh!! congratulations everyone - lots of lovely babies :love:

Logan
01-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Congratulations, Kari!

finn's mom
01-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Wheeeee, thank you! :D I actually have lost a couple pounds, just because I've been exercising every day. :) Have been feeling less queasy and fatigued, which is a nice change. I'm nearing my second trimester, just four weeks left, and am excited about that. :) I read on the internet that our baby is the size of a kidney bean. Neato. :)