PDA

View Full Version : **Thursday #297 Remembering Our Blessings**

lvpets2002
12-24-2008, 09:28 AM
:love: I thought we would start this Thursday with Remembering Our Blessings for 2008 & All of Life.. I am Blessed everyday with the surrounding breath of my babies & their devoted Love.. Come Orc lets get the fire going so we can all sit around with our Hot CoCo all cuddled up & warm Noting our Blessings..

davidpizzica
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
lvpets2002, I'm thankful that despite all my varied medical issues I can still enjoy the Christmas season. My thoughts go out to people that can't enjoy the season through loss of job, illness, or other problems. May they be blessed, too. Ahot chocolate by the fire would be perfect.

Catty1
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I am grateful

My mom. She and I are all that's left of our family. We get along, she is 75 going on 40, and takes great care of herself! ;)

For my friends in my town and the city, who are there for me if I ASK and reach out!

For all my friends here on PT, supportive people - we are all there for each other even if we have never met!

For my 12-Step groups and friends there...after 4 days or so of meltdowns and nosebleeds, to be reminded I need to get to more meetings and to soak in the recovery and recharge my ailing battery.

For my clients, most of whom are wonderful and great people.

For starting a new job in a downward economic climate and having to be careful I don't take on too much work.

I have a warm place to live, food to eat, and a reliable car.

For knowing that in many of my computer jobs, I am successful and do well, and am learning.

For my colleagues in the computer company who are just a Blackberry message away and who will help me all they can even if they just have a minute (appreciated during this holiday season).

For being sober, able to breathe, walk and use all my faculties...I have so much to be grateful for.

MY KITTIES! Oscar and Cole, my loving and beloved furbabies.:love::love:

Move over, David - me and my hot chocolate are sharing the couch!

RedHedd
12-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I have much to be grateful for as I post this from my job, which looks like I will have for a long time. The types of cases I'm working on has changed - I really don't like having eviction papers served on Christmas Eve, but our clients are the landlords and that's just the nature of our business.

I will be spending Christmas day with my sister's family and my God-Dog :) Tonight will be a quiet Christmas Eve with my beautiful Mitzi and you, dear Pet Talk peeps. I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life.

I'll take a cuppa egg nog and get back to work!

RICHARD
12-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeppers.

I had me self a grand pity party yesterday.

LOL, For the last two weeks, it's been me and the cat living in mom's house.

Today I woke up strolled over to the store and got some beef short ribs, t bones steaks and a some other items.

I did stop at the Thai food place and ordered some take out to pick up on the way home.......

I just cleaned out the fire place swept the deck and am going to make some ribs, taters, carrots and tortillas......

LOLOLOLOL, just can't get the Mexican out of me!!!!

Anyone for a spiked nog or two?
DONE!

davidpizzica
12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
You have a taker, RICHARD! Spiked eggnog and Christmas Eve seem to go together. Who put the wreath around Orc's neck??

RICHARD
12-24-2008, 04:35 PM
You have a taker, RICHARD! Spiked eggnog and Christmas Eve seem to go together. Who put the wreath around Orc's neck??

LOL,

DONE!

JUst make sure you don't hit the wrong button when you do the wreath thing!

:D

davidpizzica
12-24-2008, 05:01 PM
LOL,

DONE!

JUst make sure you don't hit the wrong button when you do the wreath thing!

Thanks for reminding me, RICHARD! That would not be the time for an itchy trigger finger. LOL!

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I get to work tonight and tomorrow, yay. At least I have a job which is something I can be thankful for!

I'm glad I can celebrate Christmas with my PT family, since my family is so far away. The plan was that we would be home with my parents over the holiday but due to a bunch of BS it didn't happen. :( So I volunteered to work...might as well make the money right?

I could use a hug and something comforting. I'm not feeling very cheery right now :(

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Sad Christmas for me without my little Luke. I know I still have tons to be grateful for though like my Leonardo and the other two. But sometimes it's hard being alone when you are missing one special one at Christmas.
forget the nog, just give me the spike!!!

Christmas is the only time of year I feel like getting drunk and staying that way until after the first. Good thing I don't really drink or I probably would.

RICHARD
12-24-2008, 05:51 PM
MOFF,

Come over here and I'll make you a cyber drink that will keep you good and pissed for the next week or so.:D

DONE!

DJ,

Dang straight, I used to work the swing and got myself into some Christmas eve and NYE shifts......2.5 times the pay.....and the government kept their share!:mad:

Anyway, You know you can get cyberhugs here anytime....I'll be in and out of the bar for a while....DONE!:D

Laura's Babies
12-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I have to much to be thankful for to list, the job, my babies, my family, my health.. a endless list..

I just made chocolate pie! (still warm) Anybody want any with their egg nog? I also have a fresh pan of bread pudding the the fridge chilling and anybody wants a piece of that, sitting right by a bag of homemade pralines!

Egg nog? Darn, wish I'd made some sinckerdoodles!

RICHARD
12-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Egg nog? Darn, wish I'd made some sinckerdoodles!

Me, Me!

I want some!

OH lord.....

I made some short ribs with celery, carrots, onions and smashed potatoes....

I think I am going to die, that's how good they are....anyone?:D

slick
12-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh Lordy, look who's into the spiked Nog! :D:eek:

I'm snowed in at home with my Mom already laying down on the couch. You see, we both got into the G & T at about 5pm and right now (after I get another drink here) I need to get supper ready.

Tomorrow, just Mom and me. Mimosa first, then spiked coffee, then big breakfast. Afternoon will be full of nibblies and drinks and talk. Just the way I like it.

OK, I'll take one of them there spiked Nogs and make it a double please. :D

The list for what I'm thankful of goes on and on and on. No point in listing it all here.

Merry Christmas to everyone! :love::love:

Karen
12-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Too many blessings to list or to count, among them getting to met Miss Ola Marie Morrison at tonight's Christmas Eve service. She's my friend's baby, born just two weeks and two days ago, and had a pretty dress her grandma gave her for her first Christmas.

Family, friends, and all of you! :) And many more blessings ...

I'll have some not-spiked eggnog, please! And DJFyrewolf36, sending you some hugs and favorite carols, sung a cappella so not elevator music like! Your blessings include your sweet little boy! :)

Lady's Human
12-24-2008, 11:29 PM
:eek:

Who ate the Christmas Chicken!

Was Santa already here?!?!?!

Killearn Kitties
12-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Santa's been!!! He's filled all the stockings hanging up by the fire (just as well really, since he's eaten all the chicken).

Look! Even the little orange kitty has a bulging stocking. :D

Lady's Human
12-25-2008, 03:25 AM
The Christmas chicken isn't actually chicken.

It's a silly gingerbread cookie shaped and decorated like a chicken.:D

The Mayor would probably do a better job explaining it than me, though there isn't much of an explanation.

Killearn Kitties
12-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Oh, phew! So we still have some Christmas dinner then? That's a relief. I'd hate to think there would be nothing left by the time everybody wakes up. They might suspect we'd eaten it all.

Lady's Human
12-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Speaking of which, Blueberry stuffed french toast and coffee, anyone?

davidpizzica
12-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Speaking of which, Blueberry stuffed french toast and coffee, anyone?

LH, I'll have some french toast and coffee! I just saw Orc's stocking. It looked like he wished for a junkyard! A possible Mrs. Orc?? His industrial strength stocking is definitely filled!

Killearn Kitties
12-25-2008, 04:41 AM
A pair of orcs? :eek: Perish the thought!

I would LOVE some Blueberry stuffed french toast and coffee. What a fabulous breakfast.

Pam
12-25-2008, 04:53 AM
I have had some losses this year (my mom and Trevor) but am very thankful for all that remains steadfast in my life - my family, health, pets, a job that I enjoy and a warm cozy bed to curl up in at night. I watched a show on the homeless the other night and it was heartbreaking. We do have so much to be thankful for if we only just look around. Richard (((hugs))) to you again my friend. I'll take a nice mug of coffee - can't quite appreciate the thought of a spiked nog this early in the morning. :p

davidpizzica
12-25-2008, 05:04 AM
A pair of orcs? :eek: Perish the thought!

I would LOVE some Blueberry stuffed french toast and coffee. What a fabulous breakfast.

KK, I think Orc hates the idea of putting on a maid's uniform!

Medusa
12-25-2008, 08:12 AM
So many things for which to be thankful but a few are that my son is home for Christmas and he's healthy and happy. My cat Pidgelet is doing great and you'd never know she has a life threatening illness at the ripe old age of 18 1/2. I had friends in for dinner last night and we laughed until we cried. I'm warm, I'm fed, I have a roof over my head. Yes, there are those who have much more materially than I but there are those who had no place to lay their head last night, so thankful? Indeed. I have been blessed.

One last thing: I want all my PT family to know just important you all have become to me. If ever I'm feeling lonely, which happens frequently nowadays, I need only to log on to PT and magic happens. You're always there, ready and willing to give comfort and support. You have no idea what it means to me. Thank you. :love: And I'm always happy to reciprocate, so those of you who need a hug, consider yourself hugged!

I'll have that cup of hot chocolate now. Don't forget the marshmallow, please. :)

Lady's Human
12-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Do you want Marshmallow Fluff or the mini marshmallos with that?

Karen
12-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I'll take some of the blueberry French toast for sure! :) Then I'm off to bake cookies, too - no chickens though.

The explanation: When we were little kids, making gingerbread cookies was always the first foray into cooking - the Christmas you were four years old, you got to stir the gingerbread dough - in a deep, heavy bowl, and it's a stiff dough. We had a bunch of cookie cutters that had been around for nearly ever, and as well as the Santa, reindeer, camel, and tree, the set had come with Mama and baby bunny, and Mama and baby chicken! Why chickens, we never knew, but decide we HAD to make at least one Christmas Chicken every year! I mean, what stable scene would be complete without a chicken or two, right?

Mind you, there was no donkey, manger or anything else from the biblical scene, but dagnabbit, we had our Christmas chicken! :)

Medusa
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Do you want Marshmallow Fluff or the mini marshmallos with that?

Just one big honker of a marshmallow, please. :)

RedHedd
12-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Hmm, I'll have some 'nog with extra fluffy stuff. LOL at the Christmas Chicken story. Have a wonderful Xmas Day everyone!

lvpets2002
12-25-2008, 10:45 AM
:) Merry Christmas To All.. Blessings of able to Pray for thankfullness of food, jobs, a roof over our heads, our familys of two & four humans.. I read their is alot of Blessings thru out the world in all your Hearts & Homes..
:eek: I see Orc still has the wreath on.. Mmm does Orc have a friend?? How about some BlueBerry Tea & BlueBerry Toast or muffins.. Orc Please come on so we can get the fire going.. We will have company over in a bit & its a bit cool..

Catty1
12-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Hmmm....I DO wonder what is in Orc's stocking.

Maybe we can expect some baby Orkies in 2009? :D

ETA: Talking about blessings, Heard a GREAT story at the noon AA meeting yesterday! This older fellow has been sober a few years - and because of distance and some family estrangement, he is seeing his grandchildren this year for the first time in almost 20 years - in fact, they are 19 and 20 years old or so!

Brother and sister have decided they want a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's, and they even bought jammies with the feet in - and are opening their presents in their jammies! I thought that was a great story!

It's never too late for blessings.:)

lvpets2002
12-25-2008, 10:50 AM
:love: Oh now wont that be cute.. I tried asking but Orc wont talk.. Mmmm;)
Hmmm....I DO wonder what is in Orc's stocking.

Maybe we can expect some baby Orkies in 2009? :D

Medusa
12-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I feel really dumb but I need to ask: Who's Orc?

Karen
12-25-2008, 04:02 PM
If you've read or heard of The Lord of the Rings movie or books, an Orc is one of the big baddies .... but this guy has been sorta tamed, and uses his enormous strength to help out with chores around the bar.

RICHARD
12-25-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a go at one of everything.

It was a quiet rainy day...appropriate considering.....

Merry Christmas to all and to all......Let's have a drink?

Done?;)

Karen
12-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Hot cocoa with cinnamon and marshmallows in it, please!

RICHARD
12-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Hot cocoa with cinnamon and marshmallows in it, please!

DOne!

I have a nice fire going, too!

An Orc!

An Orc is one of the minions of the evil Sauron in the Lord of the Rings books.

We adopted him as a mascot, he was one of Mario's friends and cohorts!:D

Lady's Human
12-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Mario's cohorts?

More like he was Mario's favorite torture subject. We had to get batteries for the remote on a frequent basis while Mario was running around the bar.:D

His main jobs are stacking firewood, getting firewood, and moving around the seement mixer when we take the bar mobile!

No baby orcs, please. Those collars are EXPENSIVE!!!!:eek:

RICHARD
12-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Mario's cohorts?

More like he was Mario's favorite torture subject. We had to get batteries for the remote on a frequent basis while Mario was running around the bar.:D

His main jobs are stacking firewood, getting firewood, and moving around the seement mixer when we take the bar mobile!

No baby orcs, please. Those collars are EXPENSIVE!!!!:eek:

LOL,

You are correct, sir!:D

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Speaking of blessings, I'm trying to figure out who to share my Christmas present from my wife with.

Being that this is a virtual bar, and I don't actually have to open the package to share, (I'd love to open it just to sniff, re-seal it and save it for later) I'll throw a pot of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee together to share with PT.

Killearn Kitties
12-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Mmmmm, that coffee smells good! Any gingerbread Christmas chickens to go with that? :D

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 05:11 AM
We'll have the gingerbread chickens ready later. (Something to be said for fresh out of the oven gingerbread cookies!)

Medusa
12-26-2008, 06:22 AM
DOne!

I have a nice fire going, too!

An Orc!

An Orc is one of the minions of the evil Sauron in the Lord of the Rings books.

We adopted him as a mascot, he was one of Mario's friends and cohorts!:D

That explains it. Believe it or not, I've not read Lord of the Rings. Just not into it. Now I'm probably going to be dubbed "Lady of the Clueless" but who's Mario?

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Mario was Trayi52's monkey, who also took up residence in our virtual bar.

Medusa
12-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Mario was Trayi52's monkey, who also took up residence in our virtual bar.

Ok then. Thank you. :)

davidpizzica
12-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Speaking of blessings, I'm trying to figure out who to share my Christmas present from my wife with.

Being that this is a virtual bar, and I don't actually have to open the package to share, (I'd love to open it just to sniff, re-seal it and save it for later) I'll throw a pot of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee together to share with PT.

Let me have a BIG cup of coffee, LH! I HOPE I don't have to try to control TWO Orcs!

RICHARD
12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Cookies and coffee and all kinds of snacks for everyone!!!

DONE!

LOL,

LH-you must be a coffee junkie?:D

Catty1
12-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Dontcha think that if you started with tamed mommy and daddy Orcs, and got the wee ones socialized, and spayed and neutered young (you didn't see this, Orc!) that they might be delightful helpers and hosts to have around?

No more than 3, say? :D

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Richard, you don't want to pay my coffee bill.

Too bad the IRS won't accept Caffeine purchases as medicinal.

pomtzu
12-26-2008, 03:58 PM
That explains it. Believe it or not, I've not read Lord of the Rings. Just not into it. Now I'm probably going to be dubbed "Lady of the Clueless" but who's Mario?

Make that "Ladies of the Clueless", as I was totally lost on Orc and Mario also! I guess I lead a sheltered life for an old broad!!! :eek:

That said - I could go for some medium hot chilli and corn bread. Who's up to cooking?

Karen
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Hmm, I'll do the cornbread, Lady's Human, you wanna make the Chili?

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Chili? DONE!

Just make sure it's a BIG pot.....

RICHARD
12-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Dontcha think that if you started with tamed mommy and daddy Orcs, and got the wee ones socialized, and spayed and neutered young (you didn't see this, Orc!) that they might be delightful helpers and hosts to have around?

No more than 3, say? :D

LOL, every man's dream. three remotes!:D;)

LH,
I heard that some one came up with the makings of biofuel with the grounds from StarBucks.....;)
Seriously!

LOL, and you don't measure in cups......Quarts?:D

Pom,

That's why you can't miss any Thursday!:)

Karen and LH,

I'll chop....if you cook?

DONE?

pomtzu
12-26-2008, 06:36 PM
So what drinks are being served - just in case that chilli needs some cooling down. Not iced coffee I hope!!!

Lady's Human
12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll cook, Richard, no problem.

It'll be better if you chop, I'm still down one thumb!

Karen, I promise, the Chili won't wind up in the seement mixer, I won't add THAT much stuff!

RICHARD
12-26-2008, 06:54 PM
So what drinks are being served - just in case that chilli needs some cooling down. Not iced coffee I hope!!!

Whatever you'd like!

LH,

Danged opposable digits.

Hope you get well soon!

pomtzu
12-26-2008, 06:58 PM
It'll be better if you chop, I'm still down one thumb!

I hope that other thumb didn't make it into a previous batch of chilli..... :eek:

cassiesmom
12-26-2008, 07:04 PM
I am blessed with
-family that is geographically close even though not emotionally close;
-roof over my head and car that doesn't need too much work;
-precious Cassie Cat;
-couple of close heart friends;
-and my PT FRIENDS!!! :love: :love: :love:

DJFyrewolf36
12-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Anyone have any treats left for three very cute cats? I could use a coffee and irish creme myself...make it a double!

I heard something about chili and cornbread too...:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Pom,
I promise the other thumb did not end up in the last batch of chilli, eeewww!

Richard,
Yes it's better if you chop, LH doesn't trust me with sharp objects. I'm in the process of making a couple of coffee rings, when their done I'll bring'em out.

What am I thankful for, well let's see:

-family and friends
-that LH is so handy with computer stuff, yeah! I have my mac back!
-a roof over my head and a car that runs, such as it is.

I would say a job but as of the 31st of this month I will be sans-job unfortunately.

-being able to come to Thursday's every week have as many drinks as I want and still be sober enough to take care of my kids.

RICHARD
12-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Pom,
I promise the other thumb did not end up in the last batch of chilli, eeewww!

Richard,
Yes it's better if you chop, LH doesn't trust me with sharp objects. I'm in the process of making a couple of coffee rings, when their done I'll bring'em out.

What am I thankful for, well let's see:

-family and friends
-that LH is so handy with computer stuff, yeah! I have my mac back!
-a roof over my head and a car that runs, such as it is.

I would say a job but as of the 31st of this month I will be sans-job unfortunately.

-being able to come to Thursday's every week have as many drinks as I want and still be sober enough to take care of my kids.

LOL,

That's what we need!!

A Thursday's daycare!:eek:

We have to balance the bad with the good here....:(

Mac back? THat was cheesy!:rolleyes:

I'll chop, take a piece of cake and pour coffee or ?????

Time to get rid of 08 and look forward!!

DONE!