PDA

View Full Version : A milestone for Pet of the Day!

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Two million posts!

I have had the extreme pleasure of waking up this morning to see this pretty cool milestone come and go.

POTD has been a great source of pet info, pet support and getting to meet and know some great folks from all around the world.

It hasn't been just about pets either. We have been give a little latitiude by the people who make POTD possible and I don't go to any other website on the internet. I am jaded!

Thanks to Karen and Paul, all the members of POTD, for all the hard work that K&P do to keep the site running, for the members that keep the site interesting and for the pets that make it possible!

Now when will post 3 million happen?:D

lvpets2002
12-22-2008, 04:04 PM
:) Well here you go = I will make it one post closer.. Many Many Thank Yous to Karen & Paul as well for our Lovley Hang-Out.. I am totally Hooked for sure..

Laura's Babies
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
There's no better place on the whole world wide web! Good friends, great advice, someone always willing to help.... WONDERFUL fur kids with pictures!

THANK YOU Karen and Paul!

(RICHARD, I'll need to do some figuring and get back to you on the 3,000,000th post) http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Karen
12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Amazing! :) Congratulations everyone - we built it, but you all came and made it the place it is today!

Cinder & Smoke
12-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Two million posts!

Now when will post 3 million happen? :D

#3 million ??

Probably just after #2,999,999 ...
Which otta be close behind #2,999,998 ...
Which will ...

I guess you get the idea.

:D

Grace
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Okay, I'll bite - how do you know there have been that many posts? Where is the running total shown? I suppose it is right in front of me?

EDIT: I found it - and, of course, it was right in front of me. Just another of those senior moments.

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
#3 million ??

Probably just after #2,999,999 ...
Which otta be close behind #2,999,998 ...
Which will ...

I guess you get the idea.

I guess you can have first crack when we post that contest!;)
C&S picks FIRST!

I think the contest judges are going to have to see if SOMEONE qualifies to enter, and possibly, win again!:D

slick
12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
One more post on the way to 3 Mill.

Even though I don't have much PT time lately, I'm so grateful for this site. Not only have I learned alot but it's brought me such close friendships that I've never had before. I have to laugh because when I sent out my Christmas cards only 4 went to anyone local and about 40 went to PTers and the only Christmas gifts I buy/send out are for PTers.:D:rolleyes:

Paul/Karen: Thank you a thousand and one times over. :love:

Edit to add that because of PT, I now know what a "dickie" is.

Cinder & Smoke
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
How do you know there have been that many posts?
Where is the running total shown?

Lest others should be wondering >>>

1) Scroll to bottom of this thread
2) Near the bottom, find the box on the right labeled "Forum Jump"
3) Click on the Search Forums arrow to open the scroll box
4) At the TOP of the list (Site Areas) find & highlight "Forum Home"
5) Scroll down to the bottom of the new page;
6) Find the box "Pet Talk Statistics" ...
7 Second entry on the upper line is "Posts"

DJFyrewolf36
12-22-2008, 08:48 PM
This forum never ceases to impress me! Ive seen forums with ten times the amount of active members not reach the 2 mil post mark (and the posts here have the added bonus of being informative or at the very least entertaining lol)

A toast to PT and the people that make it great! An extra Huzzah to Karen and Paul for putting up with us all ;) :D

*LabLoverKEB*
12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Way to go, PT!!!!!

Pam
12-23-2008, 01:43 PM
How do you figure out these things? :confused: I even followed Phred's directions and couldn't see it. :o Anyway, it really doesn't matter. We are a talkative bunch and are on our way to blazing another record. Thanks for noticing Richard. Actually I always count on Freckles (Joan) to come up with threads on statistics, etc. :cool: It is all beyond me. :o

Cinder & Smoke
12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
How do you figure out these things? :confused:

I even followed Phred's directions and couldn't see it. :o
... It is all beyond me. :o

Now let's not give up so easily!
Here's a little revision to the previous instructions - Step #3 is changed >>>

Lest others should be wondering >>>

1) Scroll to bottom of this thread
2) Near the bottom, find the box on the right labeled "Forum Jump"
3) Just Under "Forum Jump" - Click on the >arrow< to open the scroll box
4) At the TOP of the list (Site Areas) find & *CLICK* "Forum Home"
5) Scroll down to the bottom of the new page;
6) Find the box "Pet Talk Statistics" ...
7 Second entry on the upper line is "Posts" - the running total of ALL Posts<!-- / message -->

Randi
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Pam, do you recognise this part of the page? ;)

finn's mom
12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
That is incredible! What a testament to Paul and Karen. xoxoxo to Pet Talk and it's lovely creators and caretakers!

Pam
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Pam, do you recognise this part of the page? ;)

Yep Randi!! Gotcha!! That is what I call the "Main Pet Talk Page." :p Keep in mind that is only what I call it. Probably no one else refers to it that way. :p Anyway, that cleared it all up for me. :)

Thanks Phred for your help too. As the song goes, "I can see clearly now." LOL! :D:o

Grace
12-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay now, what's going on?

We hit 2 million on Monday afternoon, more than 24 hours ago. And when Randi left that link, it showed 2,000,457. That was 8 hours ago.

Are we going in reverse? I see 2,000,050 now. Somewhere, somehow, we lost 400 posts :(

RICHARD
01-01-2009, 09:13 AM
The winner's prize package is on it's way!

I think she may have some pictures for us when she gets it?:D

Randi
01-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Okay now, what's going on?

We hit 2 million on Monday afternoon, more than 24 hours ago. And when Randi left that link, it showed 2,000,457. That was 8 hours ago.

Are we going in reverse? I see 2,000,050 now. Somewhere, somehow, we lost 400 posts :(
Someone must be deleting posts again. :eek: I can't be bothered to find out who.

DJFyrewolf36
01-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe a clean out of inactive/useless postings? 400 posts isnt too bad...one forum I frequent got rid of over 2000 in one wipe! :eek: But I personally I think the mod was being a total whiner lol.

Karen is far more mature, I will say! :D

Randi
01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
DJFyrewolf36, I do agree, but Karen and Paul usually tell us when they do a "spring cleaning".

The post count went down even further. We may go under 2 mill. again. :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Hrm maybe disgruntled former poster? I hope whoever it is just gains a maturity bone and quits deleting stuff. I know people who get mad at ONE person and go on a total deleting spree all over the internet. It seems petty IMO but people do petty things when angry lol.

catmandu
01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Pet Talk has changed my life for the better as I have made a lot of friends here.
And Michael the Dream has an International Fan Club!!!
And I Thank again everyone who has made My Mr Purr :love::love:so happy with thier presents.:love::love:
This is one thing that has been consistent as TV now stinks IMHO , and Old Time Radip , Books and Pet Talk rule.
I can now type!!!

Thank You Karen and Paul.:):)