PDA

View Full Version : Painting the walls

C.C.'s Mom
09-17-2002, 05:57 AM
What happens when you are painting the walls while two dogs are in the same room with you?

Right: Dunja has many white spots and Cookie's paws are all over the floors!!!

Do you think I can get them to leave? No!
It's so much better to annoy mom by trying to climb the steps.
Or to hide toys under the plastic floor covers and rip the plastic to get the toys again.
And also very good: doing a silent and not noticed (and definately not welcomed) pee on the plastic around the corner. That was Cookie's idea of fun.

And now, while I take a little break, they're both asleep on the bed here. And I wonder how to get those paw prints off the carpet before daddy gets home.

sasvermont
09-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Having painted my house on the entire inside last February, I learned that if I wanted to "make time" and not deal with the constant monkey routine, I put the cats on the porch for the day. While with me while painting,they didn't pee on anything, but they certainly did their share of climbing up ladders and getting paint on their feet. One window sill still has skid marks that I missed seeing when I touched up the paint.

They do keep you company, but ...........

I can just picture the circus like routine you had to go through.

:eek: :eek: :D :eek: :eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-17-2002, 06:23 AM
Brigette, I can't help but laugh when I picture Cookie and Dunja messing around while you paint! I bet that was a mess.

If it was latex based paint, you can wash it out of the carpet. If it was oil based, you will need paint thinner to get that stuff out!

What color are you painting the walls? Could you not put them in a room and close the door? Then you can check up on them periodically.