PDA

View Full Version : Zach's been ADOPTED!!! GREAT UPDATE Jan 18th

jennielynn1970
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0845.jpg

My big, handsome boy may have forever home for Christmas!!!!! I just need to do a vet check, and we're all set! YAY!!!

Karen
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh, what handsome hunk of love of a Christmas present he'll make!

Catty1
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I pray this works out for him! Isn't he the kitty that got returned TWICE????

Oh, I hope he loves and is loved furrever!!!! :love::love::love:

I'll miss seeing his handsome face.:)

Emeraldgreen
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh, Mr. Orangey Stripey pants!!! I'm going to miss seeing pics of the big guy. Do you think Calloway is going to miss him? I know you mentioned that you don't often find them snuggling the way they were in that last set of pics but that day they seemed pretty cozy. But if Zach is bullying the others as you have mentioned in the past, a new home might solve things.
What kind of family is he going to? Do they have other pets? Prayers that he loves his new family. He is such a handsome guy.:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
This is great news. I hope that everything works out for him this time.:)

Medusa
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
What a great big bucket of orange! I sure hope it works out for him and you, Jenn.

Laura's Babies
12-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Awwwwwe! He is so handsome, let's hope this works for him and he will be happily ever after a spoiled, happy boy. He looks like a wonderful lap warmer.

Anikaca77
12-22-2008, 07:00 AM
That's wonderful news....I hope he does get a home for Christmas.

GILL
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Great news for a handsom boy, could be Mits twin.

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow Jennie, I know this is going to be hard on you to let him go again. I'm sure you've found him a good home! :D :D

catmandu
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
THAT WILL BE GREAT FOR ZACH WHO WILL BE A LOT MORE RELAXED WHEN HES THE BIG BOSS CAT!:):)
AND THATS A GREAT ORANGE CAT, HES GOING TO MAKE HIS NEW FAMILY VERY HAPPY INDEED!!:love::love::love:

jennielynn1970
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Their application was perfect, I couldn't have been happier. They have one other male cat, and they have a scottie dog and a pygmy goat, lol. They live on a 40 acre farm with horses and other goats. They actually live about 30 minutes from my mom and dad, which is nice, but I doubt I'll get to see him in person again. The vet reference was great, they have different vets for different animals (large animal vet, family vet, etc...). The family has daughters, and the daughter who found Zach online is the one who wants him. Her cat passed away last year at 23 years old! He was a big orange tabby cat, and she loves orange tabbies. So, she saw Zach's profile, had mom fill out the application, and we took it from there.

I'm calling them later on to set up a time for tomorrow. I'm delivering Jen L's last kitten, Ferb, this evening to Reading, so I can't do the adoption today. They did offer to come down to pick him up, but we do a home visit, and I want to know where he's going to.

And yeah, this guy was returned twice before. First time it was because the girl who ws adopting him didn't understand medication or the time it takes cats to adapt to a new environment. She gave up on him after 5 days. :( But better that she called me and I went to get him. She had said she just wanted to "put him out of his misery". :eek::eek:

The second family had a little girl that they had no idea had severe allergies. They put her on all kinds of medications and it didn't do much, and steroids for a little girl of 4 for the rest of her life is just too much. So, Zach came back last year to me after that home too.

I'm keeping everything crossed that this is the final home, lol! They sound very loving and very experienced with animals, so I have a really great feeling about them, no worries what so ever. It will be hard to see him go, but if I can have a little more peace and calmness, it will be good, and a permanent home for him is wonderful!!

shais_mom
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM
fingers crossed for him!!
looking forward to hearing the details.

jennielynn1970
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Adoption is set for TOMORROW!!!!

lvpets2002
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
:love: WoW thats so Great.. I just know its going to work out for this baby this time.. Zach Congrats on your New FurrEver Home..

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
This is great! It does sound like they take good care of their animals, considering they had a cat that lived to be 23! Not that that means anyone who's cat doesn't live that long is a bad owner, you know what I mean! LOL

I am very excited for you! And Zach! :D

Moesha
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I hope Zach loves his new home as much as they love him. It is wonderful that they found him and are such a loving animal family.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-23-2008, 04:31 AM
That is fantastic!! Zack will finally have a loving family, and a wonderful Christmas time too!!

catfamily
12-23-2008, 04:35 AM
What Great News For This Beautiful LoveBug To Have His Forever Home:love::)

jennielynn1970
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh it went really well!!! I'm so excited for him. The girls (twins, aged 20) are so sweet, and just loved him. They live in a gorgeous house, exterior is this "board and batten" wood look that I love. It looks like real wood, and is real wood, but stays a gorgeous honey color.

The dogs in the family are so sweet. I wanted to steal the scottie dog and just take her home! She wagged so much, her whole body bent in half, and she wanted to play with Zach so badly, lol. He just hissed and swatted at her from the carrier.

When we went to the one girl's bedroom, he came out of his carrier, and sniffed around, rubbed and purred and then laid down on the floor. He was very at ease, very comfortable. He hid under the bed for a little bit, and was there when I was leaving, but he came out for treats and was a good boy and came when we called his name.

I think he's going to do really well there, and be so happy with the attention of 4 people! I hope to get some updates, and will post them if I do.

Wish him luck, he really needs a forever home to stick (not that any of the others that didn't work out were his fault, just bad luck).

It's so quiet here! It feels like more than just Zach are gone! My girl, Boris, is wandering around, and I feel really good about that, because Zach picked on her relentlessly. She seems very relieved to not have him here.

Medusa
12-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe this will be the one, Jenn. Another good Christmas story. :love:

GILL
12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
We are so glad for Zach, Great time of year for a good story.

catfamily
12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
This is sooooo wonderful.Merry Christmas Zach......You've finally found 'your furrrever home' :):love:

Taz_Zoee
12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Woo Hoo!! Merry Christmas to everyone involved! :D To the new family for getting a great kitty for Christmas and to the other cats there that can now relax a little more. :)

Laura's Babies
12-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh No! I'd be cryimg again.. It is to hard for me to give them up.. I cry everytime! Zach, I hope this time it sticks and you get to live a long, happy, healthy life with your new humans.

jennielynn1970
12-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh No! I'd be cryimg again.. It is to hard for me to give them up.. I cry everytime! Zach, I hope this time it sticks and you get to live a long, happy, healthy life with your new humans.

It's a happy and sad event for me. I love Zach with all my heart. I don't love his bullying, but a family of his own is a great thing.

I've been awake since 3:30am just with nerves and feeling guilty because he was sleeping on the bed with me. It's hard to let go, especially after a year, but I'm hoping with all my heart he does well and blends in with their family really easily.

Emeraldgreen
12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
It sounds like Zach's new home is so lovely and full of people who will be there to give him lots of luvies. Hopefully they will be able to email you some pics once he's settled. :D What a wonderful christmas present for Zach, his new family, you and Boris!

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm so happy for Zach.:) His new family sounds purrfect for him and hopefully he'll get along with all of their other animals. Hopefully they'll also keep you updated about him. It's hard to let him go but you should also be very proud of yourself for helping him find such a wonderful home.:)

catmandu
12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
THREE CHEERS FOR ZACH AND HIS NEW FAMILY.:love::love::love::love:

orangemm
12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Yay for Zach! Third time is the charm, right? Hope he has a great Christmas with his new family!

momcat
12-26-2008, 12:14 PM
What a wonderful Christmas for Zach! This family sounds absolutely wonderful and it appears that Zach will be loved and well cared for. Please let us know how he's getting on if you hear anything?

jennielynn1970
12-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Just got a short update from Zach's new family:

Zack is doing great, out from under the bed and sleeping on Lindsey's bed most of the time. he is friendly and purrs all the time. she loves him and he seems to like her very much too.

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad that he's doing so well.:)

jennielynn1970
12-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad that he's doing so well.:)

You have no idea how happy I am that he's doing well!! I'm so relieved!!!

Catty1
12-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Awwww....sleeping on his new mommys' bed and being a lovemuffin!

I KNOW you miss him sleeping on your bed...but remember, you loved him first, and because of your care and love he has this wonderful home.:love:

Emeraldgreen
12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
He sounds like he is cozy and content! Maybe they will send a pic to you down the road. It would be neat to see him with his new family. But any update at all is a gift! So glad to hear the good news. Boris must be getting more and more comfortable now that she isn't as stressed at home.

jennielynn1970
01-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Just got this update from his new family!!! No pic, but I'll bug her about that next month, lol.

Hi Jennie,
Zach is doing great! he is really a cool cat. he is very attached to lindsey and follows her around and "talks" to her. snuggles on her bed with her every night.
Zach and Romulus (Caitlin's cat) became friends and they play and chase each other around, snuggle up and sleep together, and torment the dogs together. they lean over the edge of the loft, look down and meow at the dogs and the dogs go nuts running around and barking, not being able to figure out where the cats are!
I decided not to check out the baby cow, got enough animals right now. maybe someday I should open up a rescue.
thanks so much for a great cat who is very much loved!

Jennifer

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
What a great update.:) I'm so glad that Zach has finally found his loving forever home and now he even has a new cat buddy too.:)

Anikaca77
01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
That's so wonderful that you found a home for Zach. It's always great when you find the right family to take care of them and they keep you updated as well.

Take care,
Melissa

Barbara
01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
That sounds as if Zach has a wonderful fun and adventure life now:)

Medusa
01-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I love a happy ending! Yay for Zach and for Jennie! :love:

Grace
01-19-2009, 08:35 AM
I, also, love happy endings!! Thanks for sharing that with us, and for finding Zach the perfect place to live forever.

Taz_Zoee
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I was actually a little scared when I saw the note for the update. I thought on no! it didn't work out. :(
But thankfully I was wrong!!! :D That is a wonderful update. :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Well...I'll saw it! Aaaawwwwwww

momcat
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I was actually a little scared when I saw the note for the update. I thought on no! it didn't work out. :(
But thankfully I was wrong!!! :D That is a wonderful update. :)

I thought the exact same thing at first. After reading this thread I'm relieved and thrilled that Zach has found his loving furever home with such a caring furever family! Wishing Zach many years of love, care, and companionship! Be happy always, Zach!

jennielynn1970
01-19-2009, 02:24 PM
I always get anxious when I don't hear about how they are doing, or when I send out a note asking for an update, lol. I just keep praying "Please let them be happy! Please don't say he needs to come back!" Granted, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, but my girls are soooooooo overjoyed at him being gone, I'm liking the relative peace (and Boris likes not living on top of the fridge to escape Zach!)