PDA

View Full Version : Friend Requests

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-20-2008, 10:48 PM
What are "friend requests"? I just noticed these now and I've "accepted" all requests that have been sent my way, but what does that mean?

Ok, ok, ok, so I've been gone for awhile, give me a break. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
What are "friend requests"? ...
... but what does that mean?

I think it's a *seekrit*! :p

Some of us are still trying to figure it out ... feel free to get in line with us!

:)

slick
12-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Ha! Beats me. I don't even know how to send a friend request otherwise you would have received one from me Debbie. :confused:

Cookiebaker
12-21-2008, 06:22 AM
haha I was confused by this, too :) but if you go to your UserCP there is a 'friends' tab and you can see your list of 'friends'. You can go to other people's profiles, too, and see their list of friends as well.

Pam
12-21-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm glad you asked as I didn't know either. :o What do you do with these friends, though, once they are in your profile. Is it for PMing?

Karen
12-21-2008, 07:00 AM
It's just like the old "Buddies list" - but you can click on someone's icon on your "friends list" in your own profile, and that takes you immediately to that person's profile page, where you can quickly send them a public or private message. Public messages appear just on their profile page, though, so if they answer, you'd have to check back on their profile page.

Debbie, we made a new upgrade a few weeks go, check down in Town Hall for a bunch of other new features - and explanations!

Medusa
12-21-2008, 07:31 AM
It's just like the old "Buddies list" - but you can click on someone's icon on your "friends list" in your own profile, and that takes you immediately to that person's profile page, where you can quickly send them a public or private message. Public messages appear just on their profile page, though, so if they answer, you'd have to check back on their profile page.

I didn't know that; glad you mentioned it, Karen. I've received an unusual amount of friend requests recently.

Taz_Zoee
12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't have known what it was either if my friend hadn't recently signed me up with a myspace page. :)

Miss Z
12-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I was wondering what this was also, since I got an e-mail about it this morning. Thanks for explaining Karen! :)

So now there are public messages, as well as private ones?

Karen
12-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes, if you click on my profile, for example, you can see my public message, which even nonmembers can see.

Laura's Babies
12-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Hay, and the best part is we can upload pictures for people to see in a ablum there! I LOVE that!

Karen
12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Hay, and the best part is we can upload pictures for people to see in a album there! I LOVE that!

And not only that you can then post pictures from that album in any thread! No more forced reliance on Photbucket, etc!

RICHARD
12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL, It's a secret list of all the people who are stalkers!;)

it reminds me of the words to a song I love.

"After all your soul will still surrender,
After all, don't doubt you part be ready to be loved.":)

slick
12-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, I figured out how to send a friend request....you have to "befriend" someone.