PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/hddebbie/cats/cwvDm9asA3Lw9atmAbl5etGTDg.jpg

Our neighbors noticed this little sweetie while they were out for their morning walk. They tried to catch him but he ran. They told me about him and I got my patience out and sat with some bologna to try to lure him in. His hunger won out over his fear and after about an hour - and feeling like my arm was disconnected from my shoulder from being outstretched and unmoving for so long - he finally let me get two hands close enough to grab him. Once I grabbed him he didn't fight at all, just started snuggling and purring, poor little baby.

I have no idea how he got here, but he was hiding underneath an unoccupied motorhome. The rescue group I took him to says they think he can't be more than 10 weeks old, and the poor little guy was just skin and bones when I grabbed him. I named him Flame because it appears he is Flame point Siamese. As you can see, he has the sweetest little face and it was very difficult for me to part with him, but knowing he is in good hands now made it a little easier. By the time I gave him up, he would push his head into my hand and arch his back against it when I reached into the carrier. The rescue lady says he is doing well, and he had no fear when her cats and dogs surrounded the carrier wondering who the new kid was.

He will have a great life from now on and his flame will burn on. :D

Catty1
12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Flame has the most SWEET face ever! No wonder it was so hard for you to part with him!

Sounds like a really lovey boy, and in that great rescue, I am sure he will find a great furrever home soon! (Unless the rescue fails fostering 101, and who could blame them? :) )

Thanks for helping this wittle boy!

Karen
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
What a sweet face! Goodness, I don't know if I could have given him up! Better thee than me, my dear!

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2008, 10:19 PM
What a sweet little baby.:) I'm so glad that you were able to rescue him and take him to a rescue group where he'll hopefully find a wonderful loving forever home.:)

Laura's Babies
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Boy! It would have been super hard for me to give that little sweetie up! What a little doll baby he is!! Awwwwwwww! GREAT RESCUE! Thanks for giving him the chance he will now have..

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll bet you could get him back! ;)

Isn't there a 'spare' nook back there in the bedroom?
And couldn't you find a extra sock to hang up for him?

Barbara
12-21-2008, 05:57 AM
Oh I couldn't have given him up- his face is just too sweet.
I am sure he will find a furrever home in no time.

jenluckenbach
12-21-2008, 07:31 AM
OMG, what a darling!!! Thank you, no.....BLESS you for your patience. He is one lucky little boy. :love:

moosmom
12-21-2008, 08:52 AM
WAY TO GO DEB!!! Another happy Christmas story!!

Randi
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Aww, look at that sweet face!! :love: Yes, I bet it was difficult to part with him, but I'm glad you found a rescue place - and I'm sure someone will snatch him up very soon. :)

catmandu
12-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN DEB.
I CAUGHT A CAT THAT I CALLED PHILIP ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO EATING OUT OF MY BLUE BOX IN THE COLD AND SNOW, AND I WANTED TO KEEP HIM.
BUT I REALIZED THAT I HAD A LOT OF CATS AND HAD TO LET HIM GO WHERE HE WOULD BE BOSS CAT.:D:D
I BET THE TUBBY , TUBBY 2 AND PEANUT ANGELS :love::love::love:
LED FLAME TO YOU, AS THEY KNEW THAT YOU WOULD HELP THAT POOR SWEET LITTLE KITTEN:love::love:
GOD BLESS YOU FOR FINDING HIM A PURRFECT HOME :love::love::love:

Medusa
12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
What a wonderful story and what a fine example of patience and love. Flame looks so much like my RB Whispers that I rescued four years ago. He was a flame point Siamese, too. Bless you for seeing to it that this precious one has such good prospects now and is safe. :love:

jazzcat
12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
What a sweetheart! He's very lucky you have such a strong arm. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
A lovely Christmas story indeed. A sweet little boy looking for a home...and finds one....

But how DID you give him up!

pomtzu
12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I just can't imagine this little one roaming around and homeless!! I never would have been able to let him go since I have a huge love of Meezers, but I'm sure he'll find a great furever home. Thanks for coming to his rescue! :)

Bengalz
12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Christmas miracles really do happen:D Thanks for being in the right place at the right time - Flame is adorable and a very lucky baby to have found you - his Christmas Angel:love:

lizbud
12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
What a lucky kitten.:) He is just precious. It would be hard to give him
over to someone else. A real doll baby.:love: I love his name.

kb2yjx
12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
What a precious baby!!!! The want for FOOD usually wins out over the fear(in most cases). You did a good thing!!!! Hope your arm feels better soon!!!!

Killearn Kitties
12-22-2008, 04:11 AM
What an ADORABLE kitten, and so very lucky that you and your patience were there for him. :D

Anikaca77
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Awwww what an adorable face. I'm sure Flame will get a great home. Thank you for rescuing this little one.

GILL
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
SOOOOOOOOO sweet we would have added to the CREW. Your story is almost the same as Roscos (ROZ) staying at a hotel cat ran from someone else wife called kitten came now #12 in the CREW of 13.

smokey the elder
12-22-2008, 01:42 PM
What a little cutie pie he is!

slick
12-22-2008, 07:28 PM
What a little cutie pie. If it were me, I would have the hardest time letting go, but I know that you did the right thing and the purrfect home is just around the corner. Thank you for rescuing him.

Vermontcat
12-22-2008, 09:02 PM
What a cutie little Flame is!:)
Are you sure you didn't have room for him, he's little and so cute!
Meezers are special, you really should get one some day.:)

catfamily
12-24-2008, 11:02 PM
WAY TO GO DEB!!! Another happy Christmas story!!

Ditto!!!:love::)

K & L
12-25-2008, 09:52 AM
How lucky little Flame was that you were near to rescue. I'm sure it was very difficult to part with him, but like you said, he's in good hands now!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I heard from the lady who is fostering Flame. Turns out SHE is settling in quite nicely. She is quite spunky and goes tearing around her room everytime RL (rescue lady) enters the room. Flame will go immediately to her dish and start squeak/meowing at RL, and when that doesn't get any results, she will claw her way to the top of a cat tree to be closer to RL's face and start squeak/meowing at her again. RL has a Pit Bull dog who is her shadow, so everytime she enters the room the dog is with her. Flame just loves the dog and the dog adores Flame. Flame will come tearing from across the room, zoom under the dogs legs and the dog is like "Huh, what was that?" Flame will go into one of the little "rooms" in the cat tree, peak out of the "window" and when the dog pokes her nose in, Flame baps her on the nose then tears off across the room again. RL says she is quite a pistol! Now that she is safe, warm and fed, she is cleaning herself better and RL says she has turned into a little fluff ball, like her hair has all fluffed out. She is gaining weight by the day, but is still not a big snuggler. RL picks her up and smooches on her, and all Flame wants to do is get down and go tearing around the room again.

Seems to me now that she is fed, warm and safe, she has time to be a kitten again, and you don't know how happy it makes me to hear how well she is doing. :D

Now all I have to do is give RL my camera for a day or two so we can get some updated pics.

Laura's Babies
12-25-2008, 06:53 PM
This is so heartwarming! Flame feels like she has found her home, made friends, feels safe and is blooming like a beautiful flower... and being a c-a-t!

It just has to warm your heart to hear how well she is doing!

catfamily
12-25-2008, 06:56 PM
That is Great news....you made a kitten be a kitten again instead of a kitten worrying about her next meal and worrying about preditors while she sleeps.
Great Job:):love:

Catty1
12-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks to you, "Flame" has graduated to "Spitfire"! :D

How GREAT to hear she is being a total brat kitten! :love: I can hardly wait for pics!

You done GREAT!

lizbud
12-26-2008, 10:46 AM
What a terrific update.:) It sounds like SHE has a great home now.:)

Randi
12-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Oh Debbie, this is great news! :D No doubt little Flame has settled in and can relax in her new home. I love that she's behaving like a kitten again - and I hope we'll get to see some pictures soon. :)

momcat
12-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Bless you for caring enough to give sweet, adorable little Flame the chance to have a life filled with love and caring. She sure is the sweetest little thing. It sounds like she has settled in quite nicely and is enjoying her kittenhood. How great to know that she's in such a good home and is thriving. In time I'm sure Flame will be a real little love muffin. I also have no doubt that she will be forever thankful to you for saving her from danger and uncertainty. You did good!

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
This is wonderful news.:D Hopefully we'll be able to see some updated pictures of her.;)