PDA

View Full Version : Reachoutrescue's kitten pulled from North Carolina *UPDATE on 1-23*

cassiesmom
12-20-2008, 05:46 PM
(Copied from Reachoutrescue's thread in Dog General)

This is the pregnant kitten we pulled as well. She is only about 9 months old and she is 23-25 days pregnant. Poor baby....she needs a name....any suggestions?
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Puppies009.jpg

I think she looks like Laura's Giz and Taz Zoee's Paizly! See if you agree...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008%20SNOW/Gizshowingoff.jpg
^Giz

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2008/December2008050.jpg
^Taz on the left, Paizly on the right

Laura's Babies
12-20-2008, 10:49 PM
:eek: Is that Giz's sister? :eek: HUmmm... only 9 months, Giz is more llike 5 years old now so I guess not.

catmandu
12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
:)The first name that came to my mind is Karina :love::love:, the Momma Cat that the Animal Welfare and I rescued about 5 years ago, and who had 5 Dear Little Ones.:):)
Sadly Karina had FIP:eek:, and she had to be seperated from her Babies at 6 weeks , and PTS.:eek:
Karina Angel :love::love:woud be a Great Guardian Angel to this Dear Kitten, and to her Babies as well.:love:

cassiesmom
12-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Smidge the cat lost her babies. I went in the room to see her on Friday morning and she was covered in blood, urine, and poop. I knew she lost the babies as her belly was gone. I cleaned her up and took her in to the vet. She lost all the babies and is not doing very well. She is here with me and getting fluids. She is on meds for infection, but it looks grim as she refuses to eat. The vet said there is nothing they can do there besides what I am doing here. She said to see how she is in a day or two and we may just have to put her down. Poor girl is only a kitten herself. She did test negative for FELV/FIV. Prayers for her and the pups please.

FYI
Thanks,
Elyse

kb2yjx
12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
That is so sad!!! But al least kitty is getting good care. How about GRACE for a name???

phesina
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Prayers for your sweet little kitty.

Laura's Babies
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Awww! Get better girl, we are pulling for you here on PT!!

Karen
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Poor little one. With her muted colors, she reminds me of foggy mornings.

If not Misty, Dawn, or Feather,
perhaps her name could be Carla from
Carl Sandburg's poem

The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

momcat
12-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh Elyse, this is such sad news. Many, many prayers are already being prayed for this sweet kitty that she will recover and go on to enjoy the life that every kitty deserves.

A very special thank you and bless you for everything you're doing to help this poor little kitty girl. The love and tender care she knows from you does make a difference and I'm sure she loves you in return.

Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses to say thank you for helping his fellow kitty in need :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Please keep us updated?

Taz_Zoee
12-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes, I read that update earlier today. :( And you are right, she does look a lot like Giz and Paizly. A fluffy Paizly. In fact, I was just thinking that Giz and Paizly look a lot alike in Laura's thread after she got her new camera.
I hope Smidge makes it!!

RedHedd
12-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Oh what a pretty dilute calico tortie. I hope she pulls through - she's just a little Smidge. {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Catty1
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
PT Prayers for wee Smidgen. :love:

Are you syringe feeding her nutrical or anything? That poor kitty...she was likely malnourished to begin with, and that miscarriage really knocked her little body for a loop!

Kitties can turn around very quickly...I pray she gets some nourishment in her and starts to perk up.

Eat, little girl...you can have a loving furrever home that will treat you like the princess you are. Come on, sweetheart.

jennielynn1970
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Hope they can do something. I mean, if she's at the vet, they CAN force feed her (tube or whatever).

Prayers for the sweet dilute kitty.

Catty1
12-29-2008, 07:56 PM
jenn, the wee one is not at the vet's:

She is here with me and getting fluids. She is on meds for infection, but it looks grim as she refuses to eat. The vet said there is nothing they can do there besides what I am doing here.

More huge prayers for the little Smidge kitty.

cassiesmom
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh Elyse, this is such sad news. Many, many prayers are already being prayed for this sweet kitty that she will recover and go on to enjoy the life that every kitty deserves.

A very special thank you and bless you for everything you're doing to help this poor little kitty girl. The love and tender care she knows from you does make a difference and I'm sure she loves you in return.

Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses to say thank you for helping his fellow kitty in need :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Please keep us updated?

Momcat, I'm not helping this kitty at all. Reachoutrescue is. I am just praying that this kitty will make it with Reachoutrescue's care.

momcat
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Momcat, I'm not helping this kitty at all. Reachoutrescue is. I am just praying that this kitty will make it with Reachoutrescue's care.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, Elyse. But I do thank you for caring enough about this beautiful kitty to let us know that our prayers are needed.

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2008, 01:20 AM
This is so sad.:( I hope she'll be able to recover. Lots of prayers are being sent her way.

Anikaca77
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Prays being set out for her. So sad since she's only a baby herself. I hope she pulls through! Prays that she will!

cassiesmom
01-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Copied by cassiesmom from Dog General:

Smidge is now eating and drinking. She is doing so great! The vet feels she only lost one or two kittens as she said she can still feel a few in there. She wants us to do an ultrasound in about a week to be sure all is well.

I am so glad they are doing better, especially Smidge, I was, and still am, worried about her.

Thank you for caring about these babies.

3Catcondo
01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
That is great news. I'm so glad to hear this. Way to go Smidge!!!!!
Prayers for continued good updates. :love:

Catty1
01-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I am SO relieved to hear this about Smidge!

I hope she gets tons of nutrients for the other babies she is carrying.

{{{hugs}}} to you and to the little momma!:love:

phesina
01-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Well done, Smidge. You go, girl!

momcat
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Hello there sweet Smidge,
I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so much better!!! Don't worry sweetie, everything is going to be okay...you'll see. Lots of prayers are being prayed for you. I'm sending you tons of gentle get well lovies :love: :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:) I sure hope that she'll continue to do well.:)

Anikaca77
01-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Wonderful news...I sure hope she continues to do well...

Take care sweet baby.

Melissa

Reachoutrescue
01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you Elyse for posting this thread about Smidge. I am sorry I have not updated in a bit, things have been very hectic and I have been very ill. I am just starting to feel better now.

Smidge is doing very well. She is eating and drinking and back to her loving self. The vet did more tests on her and confirmed that Smidge indeed did lose all the babies. She is recovering very nicely. The vet wants to wait a while before spaying her, just to be sure she has healed fully from her miscarriage. The vet recommends keeping Smidge in a cage until after the spay and recovery, just to be sure she is okay. She does not want the other cats or dogs roughing Smidge up and causing a set back.

Thank you for all your prayers. We really appreciate it. I will keep you all updated. Again, I am sorry it took so long to get on here to update. I hope you all had a great Holiday.

Tracy-

Anikaca77
01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm so glad to read that Smidge is doing much better. I hope she heals fine and will be able to get fixed later on.

pitc9
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Glad to hear she's doing well.

CultureJunky
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm so glad that smidge is okay, what a trauma the poor little girl has been through, I hope she finds a perfect home, where someone will appreciate her and give her the love she deserves.

Reachoutrescue
01-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Just wanted to update everybody. I am sorry I have not been on here in a while again. My Nonna is very ill. She is 90 yrs old. I have been helping out as much as I can there, limiting my time on the computer.

Smidge is so much better. She goes in for her spay in a week and a half. Once she is spayed and healed, she will be put online for adoption. She is so affectionate! She begs for attention all the time. She does show quite a bit of interest in our windows in our room (she is kept in our room for now until she is 110% cleared from the vet). She was an outdoor cat before she came to us, so whomever adopts her is going to have to be extra careful.

I know she will find a great home....she is too sweet to pass up!!