PDA

View Full Version : Wreaths I made for my dear ones

Randi
12-20-2008, 10:55 AM
It would have been my mom's birthday today, so I went to her grave - and to John's too of course. Just wanted to show you the two wreaths I made to put there. :)

moosmom
12-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh WOW, Randi, they're beautiful. You have a true gift!! I was going to go to my parents grave but the weather is starting up again and the roads are going to start getting icy, so I'm staying put. I'm sure they'll understand.

Barbara
12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
These are very beautiful. And so well made. I couldn't do that. Did Fister help?

Lillycat
12-20-2008, 12:22 PM
The wreaths are absolutely lovely!!!

Karen
12-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Beautiful job, and I love the little birdie you added to each!

jennielynn1970
12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
They are gorgeous wreaths. I'm sure they are looking down on them and smiling!

Daisy and Delilah
12-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Those are so pretty!!!! I decorated the cemetary where my Grandparents and Dad are buried. Now I feel like I left shabby offerings.;) Thanks for the inspiration. I'll try something like that next year.:)

Flatcoatluver
12-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Those are gorgeus! I bet they will love them! :) Such a gorgeus tribute to them.

Laura's Babies
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
They are so lovely! They will be looking down, smiling at them!

Randi
12-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Thank you for your comments. :) I'm sure you could all make them, if you can get the spruce to behave, so it goes around in a perfect circle - and stay put! ;) That is the hard part.

Some of the things I try to reuse, but last year they were taken and thrown away before I got them.

And no Barbara, Fister didn't help, although he did try to get hold of the string going round it. LOL!

Karen, one of birds, I've had for years, my mom used to have it sitting in a plant. :)

shepgirl
12-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Those are really beautiful. I love the dove on the second one, Hard pressed to pick a favourite, they are both so nice. You do have a flair for it.

Medusa
12-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Very nice! I so envy talented people! :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What a wonderful thing to do! You are so talented....

lizbud
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Randi, they are gorgeous.:) Great job putting them together.:)

phesina
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Those are beautiful! What a lovely tribute to your beloved ones.

carole
12-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Randi you are so talented, they are indeed very special and beautiful,thank you for sharing them with us,what a lovely idea and I am sure they are looking down and smiling at you, so sorry this is such a sad time for you, HUGS.:love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2008, 07:53 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh !!! These wreaths are gorgeous, Randi!! I wish I could make one for my mom's grave! Can you please give us more details about all the stuff you used?

Randi
12-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks again! :) It's really not that difficult to make these... get one of these thingies, or if you live in the countryside, go to a cornfield and collect the stuff and make one. :p For this, thin plastic wire is often used.

Then go and buy some nice spruce - you can also cut the lower branches from your Christmas tree and use that. ;) I used Nobilis spruce this time. In any case, use some good quality spruce.

You need some thin metal wire (preferably green) to wrap around, and this is the tricky part - keep your kitties away, I assure you, they won't be any help! :rolleyes: Try to make it a round circle - and that's it!

Now, you just need to find some bits and pieces to put on. I got two stems of silk flowers and cut each flower off. Make sure they're long enough to stick into the spruce.

Have a go, you can do it! :)

Sara, I'm so envious of you... where you live there grows these violet flowers that can be dried, you had lots of them around your area. Many years ago, I made these round thingies with various dried flowers. That was a bit more difficult, but they kept for years.

Edit* Oh, forgot these links which shows what I used.

http://www.idebutikken.dk/binderi/halmkrans23.jpg

http://www.topkaer.dk/Elementer/Grandusk.jpg

Pam
12-21-2008, 08:32 AM
These are a beautiful and thoughtful way to remember your loved ones. L.L.Bean sells similar wreaths and they are expensive and not made with love :love: as yours are. :)

Bengalz
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Randi you are too modest - your wreaths are beautiful and so festive.

I love wreaths because they can be used year round in different ways with different materials - and Pam is right - they are very expensive to buy. I wish I had your talent.

Killearn Kitties
12-22-2008, 04:35 AM
Randi, those are absolutely beautiful! They are so well made, and very much nicer than ones you would generally see for sale. I am seriously impressed.

ramanth
12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Such gorgeous wreaths, Randi. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
These are beautiful.:) I've only used the fake wreaths and then I'd buy little decorations to put on them from Michaels. Yours are so much better.:)

gini
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Randi - you have the talent to start your own business!!! I think people would snap up your beautiful designs!

lvpets2002
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
:eek: WoW Great Job those are so Pretty..

slick
12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Absolutely beautiful Randi. I wish I was there to help you place them. :(:love: