PDA

View Full Version : Can't make calendar for mom.... :-(

Catty1
12-19-2008, 09:49 PM
:(

I was going to do a calendar of my late sister's cats - the cats became my mom's, and one had to be PTS in July of 2007.

But the kitten ones were scanned...they and other scans and some digital shots did not have enough resolution for the calendar.

OK...I thought I would order digital prints of same, and put them in a small album. Well, I have the order set to go at the smallest size available, and some of them are STILL too lacking in resolution and need to be a smaller size, according to the order form.

Problem is - 3.5 x 5 IS the smallest size they have.

Should I go ahead and ask them to do the best they can? I can try printing them out on some photo paper here (I think I have some).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Queen of Poop
12-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Any chance that you could do a collage of photos for each calendar page? Using smaller photos?

Or for the digital photos, put a border around the lower resolution pictures. Like a circle, heart or similar?

Catty1
12-20-2008, 10:12 AM
I was thinking of that, Gayle...the pre-made commercial templates don't allow for much of that.

However, I am looking at re-scanning the photos now that I have a much better scanner. Mom's parents were Ukrainian, so as long as I get it to her for the 7th of January! ;)

Thanks!

STAY WARM....(would you believe that the newer vehicle I have does NOT have a block heater? The previous owner had a garage so never tried to use it - and it turns out it was an OPTION and not installed. Built in Vancouver. Figures! :D )

MINUS 31 F!!!!

Queen of Poop
12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I was thinking of that, Gayle...the pre-made commercial templates don't allow for much of that.

However, I am looking at re-scanning the photos now that I have a much better scanner. Mom's parents were Ukrainian, so as long as I get it to her for the 7th of January! ;)

Thanks!

STAY WARM....(would you believe that the newer vehicle I have does NOT have a block heater? The previous owner had a garage so never tried to use it - and it turns out it was an OPTION and not installed. Built in Vancouver. Figures! :D )

MINUS 31 F!!!!

It is pretty darn chilly for sure. You can have a block heater installed now, it's not all that expensive I don't think. Might be something to consider seeing as this cold seems to be here to day. "shiver"

Catty1
12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Heck, I thought this vehicle HAD a block heater - the previous owner never checked as he has a garage, but he said all vehicles made in Canada had a block heater.

Not this one - made in Vancouver! Go figure!;)

It's $180 - $200 to get one installed, parts and labour. However, my best friend says her fiance installed his own block heater...so I will look up installation on an HHR and see what the deal is.

Every car I have owned has had a block heater in it...this one will too!

For out PT friends in more southern climes, a block heater is like a heating element that has an AC power cord coming out of it. It generally slides into a slot on the engine block, and when plugged in keeps the oil warmer and warms the oil pan as well.

Some people "plug in" their cars all night - but to save energy, some use a timer. Even the coldest weather doesn't require more than 2 hours of heating, at most.