PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Contest (please read)

wolf_Q
09-17-2002, 02:33 AM
D'oh, I just ruined my posts landing exactly on 800. Oh well, I'm bored. Since not many replied to the original post about the contest, I'm figuring you do not like my ideas. ;)

If your reasoning for not liking the contest is because you will feel bad if your pet doesn't win--DON'T feel bad! I can't even remember how many contests I've entered my dogs in, and only Reggie has won once. It's all just for fun! Remember: the contest is not for which pet is the cutest, it's for which human was able to capture the funniest moment! :p

And if you don't like the idea of a prize because of whatever reasons, such as you live outside of the U.S....Maybe we can have a contest first with no prize, and try the prize thing later, depending on how this one turns out. Actually, there *will* be a prize--a graphic for your signature or website!

So who wants to do it? It's just a Funny Pet Pic contest, that's it. Voting here at Pet Talk. I can have all the photos email to me, and I will post/resize all of them.........I'm up late at night, and I have way too much time on my hands anyway at 1 a.m. I'm just going to make one catagory for all pets, 10 chosen at random to be voted on at once. Since there is only one vote per person, we won't have any problems with cheating. Please reply here and let me know so I can begin! :)

09-17-2002, 02:38 AM
I love the idea !!! So , if you need candidates , my pets cannot wait to enter !!!
Let me know okay !!

Cookiebaker
09-17-2002, 09:07 AM
This sounds like so much fun!! :D When does it start & what do we do??? :D

sammi
09-17-2002, 11:12 AM
I think the contest is a good idea! Like I said way back I am willing to supply one prize (I would mail it to you). For a prize for someone out of the states - would you be willing to do a small sketch of their pet? That could be e-mailed and they could frame it or what ever.

wolf_Q
09-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Yeah, for first prize I will do a 9x12 cartoon portrait of their pet. Ok NOW will anyone participate?? lol. It's really not too expensive for me to mail out of the U.S. As long as they don't mind a long wait for their portrait, as my list is piling up by the day!! :eek: That'd be great if you would like to suppy a second or third place prize, Sammi. You could just mail it to the winner instead of sending it to me first, it would be easier.

Rottieluver45
09-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I like the idea! Are we doing it?

RockyRoad
09-18-2002, 06:38 PM
Ok, I might have an idea. I like your posts!! I just didn't see the first one about the contest!! Sure I'd like to enter, but can I e-mail you the picture? (I've not quite figured out how to post images yet) Thanks for mentioning it again! I sometimes think that people don't like my threads either! I try to read and post as many as I can, and I usually start with the ones that have one to ten posts. I think everybody's posts are interesting!:)

RockyRoad
09-18-2002, 06:39 PM
I'll do a thanks-for-trying prize!! I don't mind!:D

wolf_Q
09-18-2002, 11:16 PM
Yes I got yor pic. Where ever I mail portraits, I always mail them in a tube, so nothing gets damaged.

Floppsy, yes you can email the picture. Please read the post entitled "Funny Pets Contest" for the email address.