PDA

View Full Version : A job to do

Dixie Belle
09-17-2002, 12:58 AM
My uncle has a dog named Sophie. She is a herding dog. However, my uncle has cancer and is dying. His request, that I come and play with Sophie for him. So, on Fridays I go to his house and see her. She is the smartest little pup. If I can get my camera back from my husband's aunt, I will take a picture of her and post it. I'm kinda worried though, my aunt does not like dogs, (thus the reason I'm playing with Sophie, plus my aunt has to take care of my uncle.) and I don't know if she is going to keep her or not. I do know that if finding Sophie a home ever comes up, I'm going to ask for her. And will you please keep my uncle in your prayers? He is in a lot of pain right now.

Cookiebaker
09-17-2002, 04:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. :( My Mom-in-law is also suffering from cancer & in a lot of pain.

Are you in a situation to keep the dog (housing) etc.?? That would be so great for her if she could stay with you because she at least knows you.

We'll keep you in our thoughts!!!

primabella
09-17-2002, 07:50 PM
i hope your uncle feels better:)

turner
09-17-2002, 07:52 PM
So sorry to hear about your uncle. And I hope if they decide to give the dog up, you get her!

KYS
09-17-2002, 08:18 PM
And will you please keep my uncle in your prayers? He is in a lot of pain right now.>>>>>>>>>>

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle.
Cancer us such a horrible disease.
My family has been hit by cancer also.
Many prayers for your family and your Uncle.
I am sure you Uncle will feel a bit better
just knowing that when the times comes,
she will have a good gome.

Cinder & Smoke
09-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Dixie Belle
My uncle has a dog named Sophie.
She is a herding dog...
She is the smartest little pup.
.. my aunt does not like dogs...
And will you please keep my uncle in your prayers?

Prayers? Sure! :)

And is this idea in the game plan...?

Could you spend some time training Sophie to be a companion / therapy dog for your Uncle?
Things like playing a gentle game of Fetch in his room;
Laying beside him on the bed or in a chair;
Learning to Cuddle and Hug??

Good Besdide Manners from Sophie just might alter the *don't like Dawgs* attitude of Auntie and help make Unk's declining years a lot more pleasant. ;)

Might be a challenge if Sophie is just a lil PupKid - but it's worth a try.

Best Wishes to Uncle!!