PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #296- Happy Birthday to YOU

RICHARD
12-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Dang, If this is global warming let me at Al Gore with a pair of shoes!

This weather is miserable! It's cold and rainy here.

I slept next to the fireplace last night with my heat converter next to me!

Ed love the fire place....

I felt like doing something for everyone that has visited Thursday's and didn't get their birthday's celebrated.....

Sooooooo, I here by declare a Pet Talk Holiday that states we will celebrate all birthdays the week before Christmas!!!!

I am making some chicken stir fry and having a beer.......
Anyone?:D

lvpets2002
12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
:eek: Oh WoW Happy Bigg B-Day to Me & EveryOne Else.. Woo Hoo Lets Celebrate & Get Our Grooves On.. Come on Orc Lets get the Party a Rollen.. Some Chicken Stir Fry & a LIT Please..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/groovin_racoon.gif

RedHedd
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
On one condition, Richard, that we don't age at all with this special birthday! I'll go find some candles for the cake ... how many will we need? :eek:

RICHARD
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
On one condition, Richard, that we don't age at all with this special birthday! I'll go find some candles for the cake ... how many will we need? :eek:

LOL, no you get credit for your last one!:D

Cinder & Smoke
12-17-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL, no you get credit for your last one!:D

:p
How about a Two-fur-One reduction ... it's 'late' in my year?

But an extra Par-Tee sounds good!
:D

RICHARD
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
:p
How about a Two-fur-One reduction ... it's 'late' in my year?

But an extra Par-Tee sounds good!
:D

Let's go!

DONE!

Who wants what?:D

I have choco, white and carrot cake!:D

smokey the elder
12-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Mmmm...chocolate cake for breakfast! Who remembers that old Bill Cosby routine? (Talk about showing your age...:p) I have some really nice Kona coffee I got at BJs that I'll be happy to share, with or without (potent)additives.

Killearn Kitties
12-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Everything for me please! The chicken stir-fry, the beer, the cake, and the coffee! :D It's a birthday party after all. With a Christmas meal later on today, it's just as well these calories are virtual.

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Everything for me please! The chicken stir-fry, the beer, the cake, and the coffee! :D It's a birthday party after all. With a Christmas meal later on today, it's just as well these calories are virtual.

DONE!

Early Christmas party, eh?

LOL, I miss the working in an office...The comments about calories.

STE,

Having never been a real coffee person, can I get you to brew up a tub for the masses....every pot I make someone have a complaint

THanks!

and Done?:D

smokey the elder
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I can be in charge of the coffee, sure. And the Bailey's, Irish, Kahlua, etc. that anyone may wish to add!

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I can be in charge of the coffee, sure. And the Bailey's, Irish, Kahlua, etc. that anyone may wish to add!

Thank you very much!

Done!:D

davidpizzica
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Mmmm...chocolate cake for breakfast! Who remembers that old Bill Cosby routine? (Talk about showing your age...:p) I have some really nice Kona coffee I got at BJs that I'll be happy to share, with or without (potent)additives.

I guess I'm showing my age, too!! I remember that routine.

DJFyrewolf36
12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Something warm please! This cruddy weather makes even me feel old :p Its been snowing and raining all week, and getting to about 19 degrees at night. Its making even my car grumpy :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Something warm please! This cruddy weather makes even me feel old :p Its been snowing and raining all week, and getting to about 19 degrees at night. Its making even my car grumpy :rolleyes:

No grumpiness in here.

How's about a hot cocoa?

Done?

blue
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I dont think our high temp was over 10 today. I suggest a warm blanket and a lap cat.

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I dont think our high temp was over 10 today. I suggest a warm blanket and a lap cat.

I may have to refuse you service.

LOL, for the last few weeks every time I see BACON I think about martinis.

I picked up some ham hocks to flavor some rice today and when I pulled them apart to fry, I wondered how they would taste with vodka.;)

blue
12-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I gotta do the bacon vodka again and this time do it right, not freeze it and filter it after 24 hours.

MMM That bacony goodness.

slick
12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
m-m-m-may I p-p-p-please have a sp-sp-sp-spanish cof-f-f-ee??? It's so c-c-c-c-old here. It's only n-n-ninteen deg F here.

Brrrrrrrr!

gini
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I heard that Santa has the elves working overtime. He has had a last minute glut of letters and everyone is asking for electric blankets. Toys aren't the problem - he has plenty of those.

Mmmm, a nice large mug of coffee filled with some Bailey's would be a great way to start the day! (please)

Randi
12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
It’s getting rather chilli here too, so I just had to bite the dust and change my short sleeves to long. But then, it’s after 6 PM!

For you who are getting cold, I think a good traditional hot Christmas Glögg will go down well! Anyone wants to share?

Christmas Glögg

Ingredients:
1 bottle of redwine
1⁄2 liter Glögg extract
1 stick of cinnamom
5 cloves
2 handfuls of chopped almonds and sultana’s
2 dl port

Heat the wine with the extract, cinnamom and cloves. Don’t let it boil! :eek:
Strain away the cinnamon and cloves and add the almonds and sultanas to the pot - just before serving, add the port.

The proper way to do it though, is to let the sultanas “paddle” in dark rum for a few months before you make it. ;) Some add a little vodka too.

This should keep you warm! Oh, and put your dancing shoes on! :D

lvpets2002
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
:eek: WoW that sounds like a interesting drink Randi.. Orc could you please share those cookies you have on that platter with Randi & the others.. Also please get me a glass of Randi's Drink..

jennielynn1970
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I guess I'm showing my age, too!! I remember that routine.

Well, I'm still in my 30's (barely) and I remember that routine, lol. Besides, you're only as old as you feel, and I definitely DON'T feel like I'm going to be 39!

jennielynn1970
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
It’s getting rather chilli here too, so I just had to bite the dust and change my short sleeves to long. But then, it’s after 6 PM!

For you who are getting cold, I think a good traditional hot Christmas Glögg will go down well! Anyone wants to share?

Christmas Glögg

I remember that stuff from Sweden. It definitely was something to get accustomed to, flavor wise. I'll have some for old-time's sake! How about some lutefisk and cream sauce with it too?!

Killearn Kitties
12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Short sleeves, Randi? :eek: What on earth were you thinking? Did you perhaps drink the first batch of Glogg yourself?

We seem to be the only ones who have heated up. After a couple of weeks of beautiful blue skies, frosty branches and chilly temperatures, we are back to the more normal above-freezing temperatures and rain, rain, rain. :(

slick
12-19-2008, 02:10 PM
:eek::eek:OMD Randi. That drink sounds scary but wonderful. BTW, what the heck is Glogg extract? Is it a liquid like vanilla extract?? :confused:

So I get to work today (first day back from vacation) and find out that our network is down because of a power outage that happened yesterday. It seems that after the power came back on, the AC in the server room failed to start up so the room heated up to a point where all the servers shut themselves down. So now I'm just waiting for the AC to get started so I can start the network back up again.

So....while I'm waiting I'll take another Spanish Coffee please. I'm chilled to the bone.

Richard, are you the Santa again this year? Can I sit on your lap and tell you all that I want for Christmas??? ;):D

It's this time of year that I really miss Mario. :( That dear boy would run around all over the place wearing garland and tinsel. Hope you are having a festive season up there Mario.

RICHARD
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I gotta do the bacon vodka again and this time do it right, not freeze it and filter it after 24 hours.

MMM That bacony goodness.

Let me pour you a virtual one?

DONE!

Slick,

One Cafe Espanol! THere was an old radio bit -it was an underground tape- that had one line in the weather report.....

And it went something like this-

If you have a brass monkey on your porch, you better bring him in tonight or he'll freeze his bits off!

DONE!:D

G,
One large cuppa and a splash of Bailey's?
Who needs blankets when you have a cat!

DONE!

Randi....

Paddle?

That made me laugh. I don't think I could swim that long!

Let me try your recipe!

DONE!

LP,
THanks for the cookies.....I only eat the butter cookies this time of year!

Drink?

DONE!

Jenn,

Glogg and lutefisk for you!

I have seen that a few times-the fish- and after doing my bio classes wonder about the LYE!!!!!!

DONE?

KK,
I should not say this but, it has been hovering around 60 F here...and I was freezing I slept with sweats and socks on one night....and I HATE TO be covered up. I woke sweating later on and had to change my shirt....

Ugh......BTW, Wanna Glogg?

Oh shoot!

I am so off with my dates- Yes I will be Santa again this year.....
And I promise I'll behave myself.

----------

I did a Santa-dress up for a friend one year and had the most fun I have ever had in my life. It was kinda a bawdy party and I had the best time because there were about 40 people -adults and kids there and when the adult gals took a picture with "santa" I'd send them off with a goose and a loud, "A-HO-HO-HO"!

The kids never caught on and everyone had a great laugh about it. I still do!:eek:

Randi
12-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Randi....

Paddle?

That made me laugh. I don't think I could swim that long!

Let me try your recipe!

DONE!

I couldn't find the right word at the time... come to think about it, I still can't, but I knew you'd understand.

Edit* Ah, I got the right word from a post further down - "soak"!

I'll be OK temperature wise, Fister has just gone to warm up my bed. :p

Slick, it's some kind of secret extract, I don't have a clue how to make it, but being the smart girl I am, I WILL find out! If not, you'll have to come and visit me in Copenhagen. ;)

The server room story reminds of when I was working for Bank of America, I was sitting right in front of the server room, doors open. It was pretty cool. John was shocked of the lack of security.

I'm ready for a Sleepy Time tea, please!

And btw, Santa! I have been so GOOD this year, you can ask anyone! :D

RICHARD
12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm ready for a Sleepy Time tea, please!

And btw, Santa! I have been so GOOD this year, you can ask anyone! :D

One sleepy tea!

DONE!

And please do not bother Mr. Fister when you crawl into bed?

Double Done!:D

DJFyrewolf36
12-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I get to go to work at midnight tonight...glad I got a parka! I think I'll take a nap and cuddle with a nice warm cat.

A cup of tea sure would help...maybe some of that Glogg too! My dad makes it home made every year instead of using the extract. Not sure how he does it but one glass will kick ya in the...:D

RICHARD
12-19-2008, 10:12 PM
I get to go to work at midnight tonight...glad I got a parka! I think I'll take a nap and cuddle with a nice warm cat.

A cup of tea sure would help...maybe some of that Glogg too! My dad makes it home made every year instead of using the extract. Not sure how he does it but one glass will kick ya in the...:D

Tea and a kick?

DONE?

Be careful out on the roads?:)

Lady's Human
12-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Now that I can almost type,

I'll take a LARGE Glogg, sounds interesting.

Besides, I need it. I was working on a machine, forgot I have stitches in my hand, and hit part of the machine with my right hand. OUCH!!!!

Come to think of it, I think Il'l just soak the thumb in some vodka.

DJFyrewolf36
12-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Sounds like a good idea!

Sigh, just stopping by to give a toast to a real bar that has to shut its doors...the bar in the building I patrol is closing down :( I wouldn't be so sad about it if the employees weren't a really great group of people and such a joy to work with if even only for a few hours a night.

Prayers to another poor group of people out of work on the holidays. I take a virtual drink to you! (Since its a cyber drink and Im off duty, its ok! :D)

Anyone care to join me?

RICHARD
12-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Now that I can almost type,

I'll take a LARGE Glogg, sounds interesting.

Besides, I need it. I was working on a machine, forgot I have stitches in my hand, and hit part of the machine with my right hand. OUCH!!!!

O.K.,

This next year is going to be illness free for everyone. I hate that pounding feeling you get near to wound when you put your arm down!:(

One Glogg and a glass of the house vodka!

Hmmmmm, you just may be able to infuse the booze thru the wound?

DONE!

DJ,

LEt me pour you a drink.....

To the people that tend, land in and lean on 'the bar'.

Skoal!

DONE!

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Hey night owls....

I am up and about, anyone want a drink....IT's way too late for me so I am going to have a water or gatorade....

Are you all watching the post count?

Killearn Kitties
12-22-2008, 04:02 AM
A little water sounds just fine for me at this time in the morning thank you. I've never believed all those scare stories about it rusting your insides. ;)

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 04:06 AM
A little water sounds just fine for me at this time in the morning thank you. I've never believed all thos scare stories about it rusting your insides. ;)

IT depends........That guy that Dorothy met on the Yellow Brick Road had some mighty bladder problems....

LOL
I see three other people that can qualify for the "I was there for the 2 millionth post" award!

Killearn Kitties
12-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Lurkers??? Maybe they want to post the two millionth post?

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 04:15 AM
KK!!!!!

This may be it....

Barbara was here, she left, It's between David, Lady's Human, you and me!

Oh heck, may as well post so I can see it!

Lady's Human
12-22-2008, 04:16 AM
I figured I'd let you have the honor, Richard!

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 04:21 AM
I figured I'd let you have the honor, Richard!

You are a gentleman beyond description!

I think KK beat me to it....When I posted i saw the count at 2000001-

Gosh do we get a certificate or what?:D

Congrats to all!!!

Hey, gonna put on the coffee pot......
I have to go back to bed. I came, I saw, I posted!

Talk to y'alls later!

davidpizzica
12-22-2008, 04:57 AM
RICHARD, at least I was in the running! Come to to think about it, that's not a bad way to keep warm in this Pittsburgh icebox! I'll pour myself a HUGE cup of coffee with some Bailey's in it. Anyone else??

DJFyrewolf36
12-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I was playing a GAME during the two millionth post! Doh! :D Ill take a drink to the achevement though.

I LOVE YOU PT!!

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll pour David!

It was pretty cool to watch it come to the 2.000.000 count.

DONE!

DJ,
LOL, The only reason that I was on line is because I had to water the lawn.:D

cassiesmom
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Since this is my second birthday for the year - can I deduct a year? :)

May I have decaf coffee, please?

lvpets2002
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
:eek: Now just how are you going to deduct a year when this is Leap Year?? :D Make that a Irish Moca for me with mellows please.. I think there is a few mellows left that Orc has not thrown yet yet!!!! :p

RICHARD
12-22-2008, 03:25 PM

LOL, the Leap Year thing I have no answer for!

But you can have a coffee!:D

LP.
I think we can arrange an Irish and some non-handled mallows!

DONE?:D