PDA

View Full Version : CRAP! Three Legged cat.

blue
12-17-2008, 01:36 AM
So I may adopt/take in a 3 legged cat. I dont want to hear/see it go to the pound so I may take it in or foster it, I dont know if its a male or female. If its not good with dogs I cant do it. Heck Erp may have to just deal with it as long as the tripod can deal with the dogs.

I got the dogs because I didnt want them going to the pound. Erp just showed up and wouldnt leave. Now I dont want to see this cat abandoned or go to the pound, but I have 2 drivey dogs and a cat that dosent like other cats.

CRAP!

blue
12-17-2008, 02:07 AM
CRAP CRAP CRAP!!

Im getting a tripod cat tommorow night. CHIT!!!!

At least the tripod aint going to the pound. CRAP!

jennielynn1970
12-17-2008, 02:43 AM
good luck!!! Most tripods adapt as well as any 4 legger. Don't be surprised by what it is able to do.

Many thanks for you being able to take him/her in to your home! Your softer side is showing, better hide it, lol!!:p

blue
12-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Its a him, dosent have dog issues, may have litterbox issues. Im more worried about Erp issues, she is not a fan of other cats.

I guess Ill try and post pics of tripod this evening.

I may name him Crap, I doubt it but I may Im still favoring Tripod.

Jenn my softer side should be clear, with Erp, Bluedawg and Verde, it was here or the pound.

Crap! Im gonna have to leave Tripod for 3 or 4 nights next week. Better here then the pound I hope.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-17-2008, 03:50 AM
I am so glad that the kitty isnt going to the pound!

I understand that feeling (to save or not), that is how I ended up with 17 cats:eek: I never went looking for ANY cat, they just keep finding me in desperate, most of the time life threatening, condition.
I can never say no, and when I DO say no, I say it as I am loading up the cat into a carrier, LOL:rolleyes:

Do you think that the dogs will be ok with another cat? Any aggression?

Anyways, thanks for saving him! And I dont like the name tripod:p Sorry:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-17-2008, 04:17 AM
How fantastic!! My Snoopy is a 3-legged cat too!! And.... she can run faster and climb higher than her 3 sisters :)!!

I wouldn't call her "tripod" though...

critters
12-17-2008, 04:44 AM
Tripods are disfigured, not disabled. Tripod and Lefty say you're more than welcome to use their names. :D

Medusa
12-17-2008, 06:25 AM
This is wonderful news, blue! When I was going to adopt the three-legged cat last month, I talked to my vet about any issues that he might have and he told me that there would be none. I also had a cat, my RB Peeka, who really didn't like other cats either until I brought Creamsicle, my CH baby, into the family. It's as though Peeka realized that Creamsicle was different and she left her alone and was even nice to her, so maybe Erp will react the same way. One thing though, please don't name the kitty Crap. I believe that animals, like people, live up to their names. Tripod is a cool name, though. Bless you for fostering and/or adopting this kitty. He's your Christmas miracle! :love:

Scooter's Mom
12-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Friends I had growing up nicknamed their 3 legged kitty Speedbump.

Congrats on your new kitty!

smokey the elder
12-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Smokey the Elder became a tripod after having her leg amputated to try to fight her cancer. The day she came home from the vet, she hopped up the stairs, stitches and all. The only thing they can't do is scratch that side (if it's a hind leg.)

pomtzu
12-17-2008, 08:31 AM
"CRAP" is a crappy name - not that please!!! :eek:

How about "Trippy" anything but Crap! :)

Taz_Zoee
12-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Good for you for taking this kitty in. I hope it all works out with the dogs and Erp.
What about naming him Meter, there are three feet in a meter. :p
Oh, had another idea for a name, I got it from the title of this thread.
TLC - Three Legged Cat (I know it's silly, but has a double meaning)

Medusa
12-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Good for you for taking this kitty in. I hope it all works out with the dogs and Erp.
What about naming him Meter, there are three feet in a meter. :p

Now that's genius! How 'bout it, blue?

Taz_Zoee
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Now that's genius! How 'bout it, blue?

I didn't think of it all by myself. ;) Laura's Babies had posted a link to a blog of a boy (Patrick) who was badly burned and he had a tripod kitty and named him Meter. :)

GILL
12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
YARD would be a better name, 3 ft to a yard, Meter is about 3 1/4 ft.
Any way WELCOME TOO MY WORLD Dimetri is a tri and at 6 moths old will out run the 4's. He has no problem with stairs, cat tree, or lap. The tree is on the secound floor.
More Pic's are in my photo ablum and on my site at www.freewebs.com/jsgill

Catty1
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Yardley? Or is that a bit too posh? ;)

Off to see the pics!

moosmom
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh Blue, you are such a marshmallow. Welcome to the club. Once Pretty Girl gets here, I'll be up to 6. :eek::rolleyes::p

I'm glad you're taking him in.

Husky_mom
12-17-2008, 11:02 AM
well... first of all... GREAT!!... lucky cat.. canīt wait to see him :D

and going on with your color theme: blue, verde... how about "rojo" (red)

or "tres"... it means three

or "gato"... which is cat... as in blue"dawg"....

or some other name will pop up once we see pics of him ;)

lvpets2002
12-17-2008, 11:06 AM
YARD would be a better name, 3 ft to a yard, Meter is about 3 1/4 ft.
Any way WELCOME TOO MY WORLD Dimetri is a tri and at 6 moths old will out run the 4's. He has no problem with stairs, cat tree, or lap. The tree is on the secound floor.
More Pic's are in my photo ablum and on my site at www.freewebs.com/jsgill

:love: Thank You John for that point made.. My three legged (nick name Yar Yar) her name is YardLeigh which means three feet in a yard..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0998.jpg

bowlkat
12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
You will find something very special about your new pet: NO ONE TOLD HIM HE'S "HANDICAPPED".... therefore he WON'T be. Cats aren't as stupid as people- they JUST ADAPT, better than you will be able to believe. We've had blind cats, diabetic cats, old cats, cats in renal failure, tripods, you name it- they were FINE..... they all did, and most STILL DO, better than we do!! Medications can be adjusted to, other pets can be adjusted to- you'll all undoubtedly do FINE.....

p.s.- I can't understand how you could feel the way you do-- except that's why we have 12 indoor cats and a colony of ferals we feed and just fostered 3 feral kittens........ the others are right- you don't PLAN 12+ cats, 12+ cats is something that happens to you...... and they ARE a blessing.........

A total and complete sucker who wouldn't have it any other way-:D

jennielynn1970
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Its a him, dosent have dog issues, may have litterbox issues. Im more worried about Erp issues, she is not a fan of other cats.

I guess Ill try and post pics of tripod this evening.

I may name him Crap, I doubt it but I may Im still favoring Tripod.

Jenn my softer side should be clear, with Erp, Bluedawg and Verde, it was here or the pound.

The girl cats can be quite the divas, lol. Mine are, that's for sure. High maintenance. I'll take male cats any day!

Eh, we know you're actually a softie!! I'm just teasing!

I agree with the "no crap" name. Another color would be cool, or see what kind of sounds this one makes, like you said Erp makes sounds like "erp". Give him a name to make him feel good about himself!

Medusa
12-17-2008, 02:12 PM
The girl cats can be quite the divas, lol. Mine are, that's for sure. High maintenance. I'll take male cats any day!

Eh, we know you're actually a softie!! I'm just teasing!

I agree with the "no crap" name. Another color would be cool, or see what kind of sounds this one makes, like you said Erp makes sounds like "erp". Give him a name to make him feel good about himself!

Yep, I always wait to name my cats. I see how they behave, what sounds they make, etc. and I take it from there.

jennielynn1970
12-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Any news of the kitty??

blue
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Sorry for the late reply I had no interweb last night.

The guy's wife found a home that was better suited for the 3 legged kitty, a home that dosent have a cat hating cat in it. They did call and ask if I still wanted the cat, the other home sounded like a better fit for him so thats where he is.

I was excited about getting another cat but worried about Erps reaction, she really does hate other cats. Erp is no longer welcome at the place I board my dogs because of it.

jennielynn1970
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
My one foster cat, Furbee, hates other cats too. She basically sleeps all by herself, eats by herself, and hisses, spits and flips out on everyone else. She's a sweet cat, but just doesn't like other kitties. Unfortunately, it was either here at my place with 7 other cats, or the shelter with 60 other cats. She just shut down at the shelter, so I took her from there.

Glad the cat you were going to take is still getting a home! Best wishes for it's happiness there!

blue
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Im fairly certain my number was passed along with the cat if things dont work out Ill get a call.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Either way, whether the kitty has a home w/you or the other couple, at least it has a good home and it's a happy ending. :)

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm sure there is another fur kid just waiting for when the time is right..........:D