PDA

View Full Version : I hope she likes it!

catnapper
12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I had an idea of making mom a "grandmom" sweatshirt because she likes to advertise her grandmom stauts. As I thought about it, I couldn't decide on an image, color, saying, etc for hte sweatshirt.

I knew I wanted something mom could wear all the time to show the world she's a grandmom.... so after a long and winding thought process, the sweatshirt became a mother's ring with the brithstones of her grandchildren.

I picked it up last week. I'm seeing her tomorrow for her birthday and I'm torn between giving it to her tomorrow for her birthday/early Christmas gift, or making her wait til Christmas Day.

Think she'll like it? I'm sure she will, even though mom never wears any jewelry beside her wedding band. I attached the photos because Photobucket is locked up at the moment.

Daisy and Delilah
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I would love it if I got it!! It's gorgeous. I think she'll be ecstatic. Those stones look so pretty together.:)

Catty1
12-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I am sure she is joining you for Christmas dinner?

Suggestion: Give it to her as a birthday present and tell her it's something special to put on on Christmas Day. :)

That is just beautiful!:love:

prechrswife
12-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Beautiful!

K9karen
12-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Well, I am sure she is joining you for Christmas dinner?

Suggestion: Give it to her as a birthday present and tell her it's something special to put on on Christmas Day. :)

That is just beautiful!:love:

Yep! Can't gyp her 'cause her b-day is around Christmas. Personally, I'd be so nervous, excited and gittery..I'd HAVE to give it to her right away! It's so gorgeous..and such a good idea and nice surprise! You done good! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2008, 12:31 AM
It's very nice and I'm sure she'll love it.:) I'd give it to her on her b-day.;)

Laura's Babies
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Might I suggest you give her a box of tissues first!

My kids surprised me one year for Mothers Day with a Mothers Ring and I was so shocked (and happy) that I cried! It had all the kids and grandkids birthstones in it. I haven't taken it off since they gave it to me.

Sirrahsim
12-17-2008, 08:07 AM
I bet she'll love it! It is beautiful!! My husband bought me a mother's bracelet even though I am not one for wearing bracelets and I love it:D
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/May007.jpg

catnapper
12-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Missy, your bracelet is so pretty.

I'm glad everyone thinks its pretty. Hubby picked the style out (its something I totally wouldn't have chosen.) I was looking for a simple band, but the sales lady said that with 7 stones in a prong setting, it would have been uncomfortable on the sides of the fingers.

I feel guilty choosing 10k gold and simulated stones, but as it was, it was pretty expensive. Mom won't care about the fake stones and 10k gold. She'll just love the thought.

I can't wait to give it to her. I'll take it along when I see her today... not sure if I'll give it to her yet though.

Cookiebaker
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
that is *gorgeous*. if it were me, I couldn't wait for Christmas either. ;) GREAT choice!! Oh and take a picture of her face when you give it to her. :D

Husky_mom
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
that is awesome!!... who cares what is it made of... itīs lovely and the thought makes it 24k.... if there was more itīd be more....

I canīt wait to see her look when you give it to her....:)

catnapper
12-19-2008, 07:14 AM
I gave mom her ring on Wednesday (you all knew I would!) And she loved it. It took her some time to figure out whose birthstone was whose. she needs to have it resized, but she'll do it after Christmas because she wants to show it off to everyone. It fits her wedding finger, but not any other. So she removed her wedding band to show it off in the meantime :)

ramanth
12-19-2008, 09:29 AM
I think she'll love it! My mom has a ring with mine and my sister's birthstones in it. :D

gini
12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the ring is one of the most thoughtful gifts you could have come up with. It is just beautiful and I am sure she can feel the love in that ring every time she wears it so proudly.

catnapper
12-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I bought the warranty this morning so she could get free lifetime resizing and called her to let her know I'd give the paperwork to her Christmas Day. She told me she can't stop looking at it... and that she's still trying to figure out whose stone is whose. :p

Trying to walk her through the birthstones over the phone was an interesting task. "No mom, the light blue one is Ashley. No, not the dark blue, the light blue! and the center stone is Cameron. No, thats an outside stone! The center stone, mom. One of the dark red ones is Heather, and the other dark red one is Brendan... no mom, it doesn't matter which dark red one is which. They're the same birthstone." and on it went. :p