PDA

View Full Version : Check out the size of these!!

MoonandBean
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
I ordered "feline dental CET chews" for Moon and Bean after our vet recommended the canine chews for Sunny. OK...Canine chews are like rawhides...Sunny loves em. BUT...the feline chews are, um, big! I expected them to be like pounce treats. Check these out: http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=8354

I gave one to each Moon and Bean and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. Bean was willing to lick his if I held it for him. Moon looked disgusted after I said "do you want a treat?" and that's what I gave him.

I took the bag to the Humane Society and put one in each cage. Hey, I figured these cats need good oral health too. Out of 50 cats, one ate his. The rest were batting them around like cat toys :) I hope they had fun...maybe some of them noshed on them throughout the day :)

lvpets2002
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
:eek: WoW they are Bigg.. Cats are not going to sit & chew that long on those.. Are these people crazy that made them..:rolleyes:

Husky_mom
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
out of 50 cats... 50 got a nice surprise!!... either as a treat or as a toy... good for you and for them!!.. ;)

RedHedd
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
LOL! A friend of mine gave me some of those to try with Mitzi. She looked at me like ... WTF? I don't think so. She wouldn't even play with it :D

Freedom
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
My vet recommended them as well, about a year ago. My clowder had the same response, so the package moved on to a rescue group.

Laura's Babies
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
(thanks for the warning!):D

Looks more like dog treats to me...

catmandu
12-16-2008, 04:56 PM
And these arent a tad overpriced at nearly 40 dollars for something most Cats would look for a ten foot pole to handle.
I saw these at the Vets and took a few home.
Even the Porch Cats ignored them :eek::eek: