PDA

View Full Version : South Park...Mean to Animals?

RockyRoad
09-16-2002, 08:29 PM
I know almost all of you must have heard of the show, South Park, you know the one on Comedy Central. Well, I watch it all the time, but totally disagree with anything they do. For one thing, my dad is obsessed with that show, and got a screen saver from their website, and it was about cartman, and there is his cat in it, and the cat is meowing, blah blah, and then he gets annoyed, and FARTS ON THE CAT!! That is totally out of line and absurd. And what they do in that show is just sick. Like *exciting* the dog, making the elephant and pig make babies, making a dog gay, having cartman totally torture his cat, and all of the celebrities they had on that show are made fun of. I know it is just jokes, and humor, and that is no big deal, and I KNOW for a fact that I am not the only one who disagrees with their ideas, but they are just so mean!! I am not speaking from a kid's normal perspective, I understand all of the stuff they are doing (mostly to animals) and I think that is wrong. Anybody agree/disagree? :mad: :mad:

By the way...in the poll, the first one is suppoesed to say mean, not not mean at all, ok?

RockyRoad
09-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Um, can someone answer I'm starting to get humiliated.:(

Fuzzy317
09-17-2002, 06:52 PM
I don't like South Park at all. :mad:

AdoreMyDogs
09-18-2002, 10:30 AM
I don't see why people think South Park is funny. Regardless of how they demean animals, the cartoon is terrible and I can't stand it.

Ann
09-18-2002, 11:16 AM
The show hasn't been aired in Sweden very much, but I did see a few episodes along with the movie that was released. And I liked most of what I saw and found it quite funny.

Seeing as how it is a cartoon, no animals were hurt in REALITY. Neither do I think that it influences people to want to hurt animals, and if it DOES influence some people, farting on a pet won't really hurt it (Tina has farted around me on several occasions actually :rolleyes: ).