PDA

View Full Version : Are you done with your Christmas Shopping yet?

kt_luvs_kitties
12-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Me? I have not even started:o

chocolatepuppy
12-16-2008, 04:58 AM
With the exception of picking up a gift certificate for my FIL on Thursday(payday) yes! :cool: Of course I may happen to find a few more things for the furkids.;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Oh gosh, don't remind me...:eek:; due to my mom's and BIL's passing, I am only HALF way :rolleyes::eek::eek:

Pam
12-16-2008, 05:53 AM
I am finished except for one gift for my son which I am having trouble finding.

prechrswife
12-16-2008, 09:28 AM
No, but almost. Now to find time to wrap what we have bought already...

Taz_Zoee
12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Since I am doing mainly gift cards this year I must wait until I get my bonus (IF we get one) at work or get paid on the 22nd. Then it's off to Safeway. I have bought a few other items. So I am about half way done with shopping. And then I must make batches and batches of brownies as gifts too! There is not enough time in a day for me around this time of year!! LOL :D

binka_nugget
12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I haven't started yet.. I plan to get everything done today. I'm lucky this year as everyone is really easy to shop for.. no significant other or their very picky mother.. haha.

Cookiebaker
12-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Yes, I'm done! However, I'm trying to find a way to justify spending $40 more dollars on Lydia. I REALLY want to get her the Little People Nativity Set, but she is already getting 2 little people sets......and I used up our Christmas budget. but i want to get it soooooooooooo badly. :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
12-16-2008, 12:20 PM
I thought I had... but then something else came up adn I knew I HAD to get that too... so here I am... still getting stuff.. hehe

just yesterday I had to "add" something for my dad.... his all time soccer team is playing here so I had to get him tickets... LOL

now I need to get something else for my mom and bro... haha... adn i might get another lil for my kid too... that Santa letter.... :rolleyes::p

carole
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Xmas is a breeze for me these days, as my children are at the age they only want cash, so that is easily sorted, i just get it off the money tree in the backyard, lol, well that is where they seem to think it comes from.

I just buy for my great nephew, and i got him some lovely story books,and my parents and I don't really exchange gifts, just some chocolates or something along those lines, although they do take us out to dinner at our favourite buffet restaurant, the day after xmas, we don't go in for the traditional xmas day celebrations anymore,we really enjoy going there, and there is no stress, or work involved,YES my kind of day.

My sister and I don't exchange gifts, i used to buy for her children,but they are well grown up now,and so we decided to stop this year, she just buys for my youngest Melissa.we have so many birthdays starting from October onwards in our family, that xmas just became to expensive, well at least for me anyhow.

I have just made a bunch of xmas cookies which i will do up nicely for my parents,and got them some edinburgh rock and scottish fudge,so just a small token really.

And Nikkita got an early xmas present, three lovely colourful toy mice, all in bright neon colours, her old ones were a little destroyed, she is my only cat really that will play with them.

And that is my lot,nice and simple and easy.:)

Nomilynn
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, I am completely done! I am even done wrapping except for one small stocking stuffer for my mom that I got on Monday. However, I am always looking around and when I see something last minute, I might snatch it up!!

The only thing I do have to get is some apples and oranges for the stockings.

Suki Wingy
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I have not started yet. I'm low on cash so I'm just giving to close friends and family, and they're getting mostly hand knit accessories. My little sister is getting a package of Bella Sara cards.

carole
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
can you tell me what bella sara cards are?:)

jazzcat
12-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm usually done with all my shopping by Dec. 10 but this year I'm so behind. I was able to pick up a few more gifts today and I have a cart full of things to order at Amazon and then maybe I'll be done, well almost. I think my problem this year is I thought with the economy there would be great deals but I'm not finding them and I'm trying to get as a good of a bargain as I can.

I just looked at my list and I have 22 people to buy gifts for and that is even with drawing names on Richard's side of the family. It's crazy!

lvpets2002
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
:love: I am sure I will have something else to get the dogs & cats.. They never have too many presents..:D

Whisk_Luva
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Um... no :o I've hardly started...

sparks19
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
we are almost done but we had to wait until payday this week to finish up.

I am NOT looking forward to going to the stores this weekend. YIKES

Alysser
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I didn't start yet. Me and my sister are spending $50 on each other, so we are off to the mall on Friday. We will also be buying my mother an Ipod Shuffle, my dad a hess truck, and we don't even know what to get my brother yet! This is all confusing. :( I don't know about getting gifts for friends this year, my summer job money is down to $500 :eek: I had $1200 before...I spend too much, plus I don't know if they are getting me anything. We might all have a party this year with a grab bag but I don't know they didn't even plan it yet, so I'm not sure.

I'm also planning on giving the shelter a Christmas donation but I'm a teen strapped for money at the moment, so I may hold off on that tille later in the year when I get my job back this summer. I hate seasonal jobs!

Zippy
12-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Yep I'm done.
Grandma-cocker keychain
Grandpa-horse keychain
Cousin T-Target giftcard
Brother-money
Cousin K-flower mug and bath stuff
Cousin K's boyfriend-chocolate
Aunt and Uncle-candle
cats-new foodbowls

Zippy
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM

I think there fantasy horse trading cards.No 100% sure.

catnapper
12-16-2008, 06:37 PM
All done, all wrapped. I spent WAAAAYYYYY too much this year. I haven't bought hubby anything though. He doesn't want or need anything and insists he'll get mad if I buy something just for the sake of buying it.

cassiesmom
12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
(laughing right out loud) No, I'm not, and in fact I just found out about one more person I need to have a gift ready for.

sumbirdy
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I am glad to say that I am. I started early November and picked up the last of it yesterday. :D

K9karen
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I just bought a few toys for John's grandchildren. I give my niece's kids money. Oh, and I better remember where I hid my brother's gift..thanks for the reminder. Since money's been tight, and everyone's health is so precarious, I'm giving everyone else hugs and kisses.

jennielynn1970
12-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I have one person I'm shopping for, my nephew, and I still have no idea what to get a 20 year old brat, lol.

Mom and dad are getting home made items (which is what they requested).

Mom is getting home made jellies made of pomegranate, mango, apricot, and quince.

Dad is getting home made mustards that I found recipes for.

I just have to buy all the supplies that I don't have yet, which is mostly everything, lol. I want everything fresh, so mom's will be done next week. Dad's mustards need to age a bit, so I'm going to go shopping for those ingredients tomorrow if the weather permits.

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I really don't buy many gifts any more so it's pretty easy.:) I send a check to both of my brothers so they can buy my nieces and nephews gifts. I buy my co-worker a little something and I usually buy my parents a gift certificate because they really don't need anything and are hard to buy for. I still need to buy my parents a gift certificate and then I'll be done. I may also end up buying my cats something even though they really don't need any more toys.

shepgirl
12-17-2008, 08:40 PM
All the cheques are written and put in the envelopes but I have two more gifts to buy for wee ones that don't know what cash is yet. I find it harder and harder to shop for kids each year since they mostly have everything.

Cookiebaker
12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, I'm done! However, I'm trying to find a way to justify spending $40 more dollars on Lydia. I REALLY want to get her the Little People Nativity Set, but she is already getting 2 little people sets......and I used up our Christmas budget. but i want to get it soooooooooooo badly. :rolleyes:

I did it!! I decided to take the 2 Little People sets and put them away for her 2nd birthday, and I went and got the Nativity set today! :D She is going to love it because she always wants to see our nativity set and point out the different figurines. So now I am officially done!! (I am just waiting on 1 thing in the mail) :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
I really don't buy many gifts any more so it's pretty easy.:) I may also end up buying my cats something even though they really don't need any more toys.
Well I just spoiled my cats yet again.:) I bought them a Cat Bird house with Condo from Big Lots and they love it. I threw out the old cat condo that I bought at Big Lots because it was so worn out and looked terrible. I also bought them some new mice. Now I just have to buy my parents a gift certificate and I'll be finished.:)

kt_luvs_kitties
12-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I got all of my shopping done tonight. Went to 8 stores, spent hours:rolleyes: and WAY too much money, but I am officially done.

Lydia will love those sets I am sure!

Tracey.. I saw that and wanted it SO bad! But I cant get one right now, finances:p My cats are SO jealous! They just got some cans of kitty food, a few toys, and catnip! And new batteries for their laser light!:love:

beeniesmom
12-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey you guys giving gift cards: Be careful. I heard many store will not honor them after 12-31-08 because of store closings. I recieved a jcpenny card and have to run and spend it today so I won't lose the value.

AllAmericanPUP
12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I will hopefully be finishing up my shopping tonight

Roxyluvsme13
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Definitely not done with shopping xD. I still have to get Roxy and Flower something as well as my mom.

pomtzu
12-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey you guys giving gift cards: Be careful. I heard many store will not honor them after 12-31-08 because of store closings. I recieved a jcpenny card and have to run and spend it today so I won't lose the value.

J C Penney gift cards do not have any expiration date! :)

And I'm done shopping! AMEN

Flatcoatluver
12-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I finshed on the 16th. I pretty much was all done by thanksgiving time except for my mothers presents because she is a hard one to shop for.

Suki Wingy
12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
They're collectable cards with horses on them. You can play online with them too but she doesn't, she just looks at them and reads them.
http://www.bellasara.com/images/collecting-flamebella.png

beeniesmom
12-20-2008, 04:32 PM
J C Penney gift cards do not have any expiration date! :)

And I'm done shopping! AMEN

Yeah, I just found that out today. Sorry for the confusion but someone gave me bad information.