PDA

View Full Version : Do Dogs Feel Envy??

lizbud
12-15-2008, 05:02 PM
A interesting dog study. It proves what I suspected all along.:D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/14/AR2008121401911.html?wpisrc=newsletter

Freedom
12-15-2008, 05:30 PM
"the finding adds to the growing body of literature suggesting that animals, including dogs, have much richer emotional lives and more sophisticated behavior than humans have traditionally believed. "

Well, I've never agreed with the traditional belief anyway. They are much more complex than we imagine. Interesting study!

Daisy and Delilah
12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
This is something I've always known and felt really strongly. I can see Delilah getting real upset when I pay attention to Daisy. Daisy isn't the jealous type but she is very envious if Delilah gets a treat and she doesn't. Believe me, this only happens when I'm on my way to deliver a treat in person to Daisy the Diva. Delilah gets so hurt and it really shows. She will actually jump in between me and Daisy. I have seen her run so fast to get to me, she almost knocks Daisy down.

I'm happy that this is being made public so some people can start realizing how sensitive dogs are. I think all of us here at PT have always known it. Unfortunately, there are thousands of people in the world that don't know.

Taz_Zoee
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
This is why I must work with Taggart on his training while Zoee is distracted outside patrolling the yard. Otherwise she sits and stares and starts to get agitated that she's not getting any treats. Same with the other way around. Taggart will jump at me to get them if he's not included.

Twisterdog
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I cannot imagine anyone who owns more than one dog not agreeing whole-heartedly.

My dogs are the most insanely jealous beings I've ever known.

MoonandBean
12-16-2008, 10:04 AM
GIVE THAT DOG A TREAT!!!!!!!!

I can't take it anymore...hehe :)

Sunny is insanely jealous of any attention we give Moon and Bean.