PDA

View Full Version : I may have white for Christmas afterall!!!

moosmom
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Her name is Tina and she is 12 years old. She was at the Humane Society looking very depressed. My friend is the director of adoptions is going to ask her boss if she can do a "FREE TO GOOD HOME" for me. I told Lynn no one will adopt a 12 year old cat. They want puppies and kittens.

So, I made the decision today to give an older, unadoptable cat a new home for Christmas, if they allow me to. It broke my heart to walk out withtout her.

phesina
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
If they don't want to let her go for no charge, I will be glad to contribute for the adoption fee. It sounds like you and Tina need each other and deserve each other!

God bless you for opening your heart to her.

Sugaree
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
I hope this baby gets to go home with you! I could also give a little toward am adoption fee if they will not et her go with out charge. Just let me know!:love:

GILL
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Donna, I can help with the fee too. You have my numbers.

moosmom
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I called Lynn at the Humane Society today and she didn't seem too optimistic about the free to good home. I don't want to seem pesty by calling her again. But, if I can raise the funds she WILL be with me for Christmas eating Fancy Feast!! I'm hoping if Lynn won't do the free to good home, she'll come down on the adoption fee.

Thanks for the offers everyone. PTers are the best. I'll let you know how I make out.

Alysser
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow, that's a GREAT thing to do! I REALLY hope this cutie will have a home for the holidays. I don't want to come off cross, but if you are old enough, some shelters have like a senior discount, at least mine does. Cats are normally $80 but with the senior discount, they are $60. I think ours is 60+. I really hope you can get this sweetie a home. :love::love:

jenluckenbach
12-16-2008, 05:29 AM
What's their adoption fee?
Is she posted on Petfinder (where we can get a look at her)? ;)

lvpets2002
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
What's their adoption fee?
Is she posted on Petfinder (where we can get a look at her)? ;)

:love: My question as well.. Any Good News Donna?? We are all crossing our wittle paws here..