PDA

View Full Version : Do you send Christmas cards to....

Randi
12-14-2008, 11:33 AM
.. every sub family in your family? An example... your aunt has three grown children, and this is the point... they will all be together for several days over Christmas.

I have done this over the years, but when I think about it, it's really not neccesary - or is it? You could send one card to the family where they all are, and the ones who don't get a snail mail card, you could send a card to over e-mail.

What do you think?

carole
12-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Well i don't have a lot of people to send cards to, but i do send one to my sister, and separate ones to her children, because they no longer are at home and have partners,so yes i do think it necessary,whether they spend the xmas time together or not, but it really is totally your decision.:)

Freedom
12-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, my aunt's children are my cousins, and we spent loads of time together growing up. Also, as my Dad lives with me, my cards from both of us. And I REALLY encourage them to keep in touch with HIM, so yes I send them cards.

The 15 uyears I lived on my own, no, only my aunts and uncles got cards from me. Well, all but one cousin, we see each other often.

And the cousins who don't send cards, they will continue to get them as long as Dad is with me, but after that, eh!

lizbud
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
.. every sub family in your family? An example... your aunt has three grown children, and this is the point... they will all be together for several days over Christmas.

I have done this over the years, but when I think about it, it's really not neccesary - or is it? You could send one card to the family where they all are, and the ones who don't get a snail mail card, you could send a card to over e-mail.

What do you think?

Are these your cousins? If you see them often, as I see mine, I would
send them a card of their own. It probably depends on the individual
personalities involved & how close you feel to them. Do you know what
I mean?

prechrswife
12-14-2008, 10:37 PM
We do send cards to our extended family members.

jennielynn1970
12-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I send to my brother and his family; I send to cousins that I am close to. If I ahd to send to all my aunts and uncles, that would be many. My mom has 11 brothers and sisters (well, many are dead now), but my dad only 2. I have some relatives that are distant that I send cards to, and we keep in touch through email.

I also send cards to co-workers I'm close to, friends from part time jobs from years ago that I still talk to. Friends from college and friends that I met when I lived overseas in Sweden. I'm just finding more of them now through Facebook. Such a great networking system, I've found so many people on there that I thought I lost forever!! My friend Rod from Australia who finally came out of the closet and now has a hottie boyfriend. Found my FIRST ever boyfriend from Sweden on there, and was sooooo excited because Sven was my first love and I missed him so much!

I think I'm the only single one yet, but still, I love the connecting and catching back up. I've missed them and their humor so much over the years, and they really bring back times where I was happy and sad, and was goign to be staying in Sweden and neve going back to the USA. I"d still move if I could. I loved it so. It fit the part of me that never fit in anywhere else. We meshed, and it was terrific. Sigh.

Anywya... segue back to original question. I ssend lots of cards, lol.

slick
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I have cousins all over the States and Canada and we only see each other for weddings and funerals....and our family is short on weddings lately. The only family I give a card to is Mom. I also send out about 6 or so cards to friends and at least 30-35 to Pet Talkers.

catnapper
12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I did up to last year. I decided its not worth it, because none of them returned the favor. Not that its about how many cards I get..... but its still nice to know they think of me once it a while.

K9karen
12-16-2008, 10:38 PM
My parents would send seperate cards out to my cousins' kids when they were small, and include a few bucks. They stopped after a while because of age, but frankly, I think it was because they never received a thank you card. We hardly saw them, but mom didn't think kids should suffer because of their parents' attitude.

I don't have much family left, but I do send cards out to the remaining aunts and uncles and some cousins. Mostly, the 200 cards we send out are to PT and friends I've known for decades.

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I just send cards to friends,one co-worker, both of my brothers families, my parents,one Aunt, and lots of PT'ers. I really don't know my cousins and we haven't seen each other in years. My grandparents have all passed and some of my Aunt's and Uncle's have also.