PDA

View Full Version : Can someone with Photoshop help me?

catnapper
12-13-2008, 09:02 PM
I have a photo I wanted to edit for my mom for Christmas. She has already seen the photo and thought she looked "dopey" but I think its an awesome photo of her, but her glasses have an awful glare. Can someone remove the glare?

Here's a smaller version of the photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/017.jpg

Thanks!!!

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Attached!

catnapper
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
WOW!!! How'd you do that so fast? Amazing!

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Experience, my dear!

(I "opened" her eyes a smidge, too.)

catnapper
12-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Experience, my dear!

(I "opened" her eyes a smidge, too.)

Yay, mom will thank you because she thinks she look dopey and half asleep in the photo.

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Yay, mom will thank you because she thinks she look dopey and half asleep in the photo.

You had mentioned that, which is why I did it! ;) Glad you like it.

By the way, I am sure people tell you this all the time, but you look a lot like your mom!

Freedom
12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Karen, that is fantastic! Great job.

I have Photoshop, have had it over a year now. I wouldn't have a clue how to do what you did. I need a class, I think. :rolleyes:

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't feel bad, Freedom, I have been using Photoshop for many years, and have done retouching work professionally.

catnapper
12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
You had mentioned that, which is why I did it! ;) Glad you like it.

By the way, I am sure people tell you this all the time, but you look a lot like your mom!

Hmmm.... I never heard that before! Our likeness is even more apparent since I cut my hair super short. I love the short hair, but it does make me think twice each time I get it re-trimmed ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/PoodleHead.jpg

Actually, not only do I look like her, I act like her too. My husband and kids laugh at how much alike mom and

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't look like my mom, but I laugh up a scale like she did. And the hair - well, there's no mystery at all where I got my hair from - and my littlest niece has it, too! Which is probably why Lady's Human (my brother) never lets his hair grow long enough to tell how much wave it would have ... hee hee!

Randi
12-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, that's so well done Karen! Any chance you would reveal how you did it, or the tools you used? When you want to work on photos where people have glasses on, it's such a pain.

Catnapper, I agree, you look a lot like your mom. :)

Karen
12-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Wow, that's so well done Karen! Any chance you would reveal how you did it, or the tools you used? When you want to work on photos where people have glasses on, it's such a pain.

Catnapper, I agree, you look a lot like your mom. :)

The 'clone' tool, the healing brush, the paint brush, the lasso tool, the pencil tool - I think that's about it ... does that help at all? I use them all in rapid succession, there may have been more - I have done this enough so I don't need to stop and think about it!

Randi
12-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Karen, I'll have a go, although I haven't really used the lasso tool or healing brush much, if at all. ;)

catnapper
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Karen, might I ask if you could do this again to the full size image? I'd like to print it out for her and I'm afraid the text on the smaller one will look funky. I can email the photo --- silly me can't figure out hte new PMS. :o

Laura's Babies
12-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Kim, I think that is the best picture of you that I have ever seen! You really look GOOD girl! (and so much like your mother!)

Rie don't look like me but we think so much alike that she is always tells me that it scares her... :rolleyes: LOL!

Karen
12-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Karen, might I ask if you could do this again to the full size image? I'd like to print it out for her and I'm afraid the text on the smaller one will look funky. I can email the photo --- silly me can't figure out hte new PMS. :o

Absolutely, just email it to me - Karen at Pet of the Day .com!

shepgirl
12-17-2008, 08:35 PM
That's fantastic work Karen - I have photoshop but can do zich with it. Buess I will need to practice some more.

Catnapper - after it was mentioned I went back for another look and you really do look exactly like your mom.