PDA

View Full Version : PT PRAYERS NEEDED! Doolittleky's Yang is sick! UPDATE12/15

kt_luvs_kitties
12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Melissa (doolittleky) could really use prayers for her old fella Yang. He is diabetic, and has lost alot of weight and isn't eating enough to keep him stable. He is going in and out of the vets, but he just is not improving.

Last November, She lost Yangs brother, Ying. I am praying this will be a happy holiday for her.

I know that when Andy was hurt, PT prayers pulled him through. I just KNOW they will work for her too.

She is a great person, helps all the cats she can, goes without food sometimes to keep her kitties healthy and provided for. She does NOT deserve this, neither does Yang. He is the sweetest old siamese. I just loved him when I met him. Purred and just loved the attention.

So please, PT prayers for my best friend? They could really use them.

*HUGS FOR MELISSA* Katie and kitties and pups too!:love:

Taz_Zoee
12-12-2008, 09:33 PM
OH no, I will definitely be keeping Yang in my thoughts.
Hugs to Melissa!

jennielynn1970
12-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Awe... will definitely keep Yang, and Melissa, in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he will be ok. I know it's been hard getting Calloway regulated with his insulin (he's still not), but at least he's not losing weight any longer... at least I don't think he is. Diabetes is hard, and not fun to do insulin either.

Catty1
12-12-2008, 09:50 PM
PT Prayers for Yang!

I hope maybe a patch or transdermal insulin on the ear might help? Many prayers that he rallies for the holidays!

HUGS to Yang.:love:

Here is the handsome face of mischief back in September 2007 ;) :

Caption: Yang is coming out of a box he likes to lay in. Caspurr had just pounced on him inside the box and Yang didn't appreciate being disturbed! LOL
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans018-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Beans017-1.jpg

I found reference to Yang finding the Giant Pumpkin or some such, but the pics were gone!

Get better, Yang!

Sugaree
12-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Good vibes for Yang! Feel better!

kt_luvs_kitties
12-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

Candace, thanks!!!

Yes, thats Yang, so handsome isnt he!:D

Medusa
12-13-2008, 06:12 AM
What a handsome meezer boy! You bet prayers are going up for him right now! :love:

pomtzu
12-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Prayers from the gang here in Delaware that Yang will bounce back. We have a real soft spot for Meezers - he is beautiful! :love:

orangemm
12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
All you have to do is ask...you know we are here for Melissa and Yang. He is a handsome fella! Don't worry, we will use our PT powers to wish him well ( I meant that we would literally WISH him WELL, not just send wishes!)

Feel better Yang,:love::love: and (((hugs))) to Melissa.

catmandu
12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
PRAYERS ARE COMIG FROM ALL OF US AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL FOR YANG, AND WE HOPE THAT SOMEHOW HE CAN PULL THROUGH. I AM GOING TO SEE MY VET ABOUT A DIABETIC TEST FOR MICHAEL THE DREAM, AS THAT MIGHT BE WHATS AILING MY ORANGE FRIEND.
PRAYERS ARE COMING FOR YOU DEAR OLD MEEZER:love::love::love:

momtomany
12-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Prayers from the Dunn gang for Yang and Melissa. May God peace and healing come to them both.

Anikaca77
12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Prays being sent for Yang.

Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and postive thoughts are being sent to Melissa and Yang.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-14-2008, 04:06 AM
Thank you all for praying for Yang. I know that when Melissa sees this it will make her feel better.

She does not have a computer, so she gets on when she can...

She said that Yang ate a little tonight, and is not losing any more weight. I hope that means he will get/stay stable.

You should hear how he USED to sound, compared to now. He sounds like a different kitty, so weak:( We used to "chat" over the phone.. He is siamese and VERY talkative!

I am terrified for when the time my kitties get older, It makes me sick!

Melissa, still praying for Yang. Please give him a kiss from me.

doolittleky
12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Thank you Katie for posting for me and thank everyone who is praying for Yang. He went to the vet on Saturday and got more fluids. He hasn't lost anymore weight but he is only 8 lbs now. At his prime he was 12 to 14 pounds, once he was 16 for awhile. He has lost so much muscle mass in his shoulders and hinds legs that he sometimes has trouble walking or standing up. As Katie said, his voice is completely different than it use to be. He had a very loud Siamese meow and now it is very weak and makes me so sad when I hear it. The vet said he looked more alert compared to the starry eyed way he has been. He is on appetite pills and well as pepcid for his tummy. He has trouble with IBD too. His blood glucose is regulated. I am not sure of his age. I know for sure he is at least 13 mbut probably is a little older. He doesn't have hardly any teeth anymore. When he lost his other canine tooth not long ago is when his eating dropped and he started having more problems. He is eating only canned food now.

Ying was his twin brother that died 2 years ago November 16th. His death was real traumatic for me and I never have been able to talk about it. Ying and Yang were sooo close( they actually looked identical) that I had to put Yang on antidepressants for awhile after Ying died. During the whole month of November especailly the 16th I was soo scared that Yang would die. Everything always ahppened to them at the same time. They both became diabetic at the same time, their blood glucose use to even be the same when they first became diabetic. I was so glad when November was over. It seems like the holidays is when I tend to lose my babies so it is real hard this time of year.

Catty thanks for posting pics of my boy! I will have to take some of him now and when I get to a computer that I can post pics on I will post them. That won't be until the weekend though. Please keep Yang in your prayers!
Thanks,
Melissa

phesina
12-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Saying prayers and sending loving thoughts and healing energies to Yang and Melissa.

rg_girlca
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh Melissa, I am sorry to hear that your precious Yang is not doing well.
Major prayers on the way that the vet will be able to make him feel better very soon.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Melissa.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Yang isn't doing very good today. He isn't eating as well as he needs to be and is very weak and wobbly. He is not as responsive and is kinda staring in dream land. Melissa has to drop him off at the vet tomorrow on the way to work and pick him up later. She is very worried about him and feels like she is losing him. Plus there is bad weather coming tonight and is scared she might not be able to get him there. Please pray for Yang, that he will get better and stay with Melissa for awhile. She is so sad.
Katie

Taz_Zoee
12-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Hugs to Melissa. I hope she can make it to the vet tomorrow and that Yang can get the care he needs.

Catty1
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I wish dear Yang and Melissa the very very best, and hope that Yang can pull through.

With his staring off into space, doesn't sound great...but too often our babies are more ready than we will ever be.

However, if he is a bit out of it, then he is a bit more comfy.

PT Prayers for Melissa and dear Yang.

Medusa
12-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh boy, that's scary but we'll keep the prayers going for Yang and Melissa. :love:

catfamily
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
melissa
i am praying for your dear Yang:(
this really is so sad.i remember last year when your ying died.
you loved (love)both of them so much.they are your soulmate kittys i think.
i'm so sorry your going through this.
prayers for you too.:(

doolittleky
12-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I just dropped Yang off at the vet a little while ago. He ate some this morning but not as much as I wish he did. They will weigh him to see if he lost any weight and I know he will get fluids. I am going to leave work later on and pick him up. I took a couple pics of him last night but I can't put them on from work, so I will have to try to get to a computer this weekend. I just am so sad, I feel like he won't be with me much longer and everyday I go to work I think is this the last time I will see him? And all day at work I wonder if he is still ok or if I will find him dead when I get home. Yang is very very special to me and I don't want him to leave me. Please keep pryaing for him.
Melissa

Medusa
12-16-2008, 01:38 PM
We pray w/out ceasing here. Try to hold the positive thought that you'll have Yang w/you for a long time to come. Keep the faythe. :love:

GILL
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
All positive thoughts and prayers from the CREW and I.

phesina
12-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Praying for Yang and you.. Hang on, sweet boy, your Meowmie loves you so very much..

doolittleky
12-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I just got back to work from picking Yang up at the vet. The vete did some bloodwork on him and said his white count is way up there. She said that could mean three things 1. infection 2. his auto immume system could be out of whack or a tumor. She has put him on antibiotics and pred and I have to take him back on Saturday., when she might redo the bloodwork. I asked her if I could do fluids at home and she said yes, so every other day I will be giving him flyuids sub q. Please keep praying that my Yang gets back to his old self. And thank you everyone for all of your positive thoughts and prayers for my boy. It really means alot to me that so many people are pulling for him.
Melissa

rg_girlca
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Major PRAYERS and positive thoughts still coming Yang's way. Come on sweetie, please pull through this trying time of yours for your meowmie.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Melissa.

rosethecopycat
12-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Singing loud Meezer songs till we're hoarse, for dear Yang.