PDA

View Full Version : M-O-O-N spells moon! Laws, Yes!

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 08:50 PM
If you go out tonight at midnight and look at the moon it will be at it's brightest this year!
It's another great astronomical high light in the last month or two!

Enjoy, and my apologies to Stephen King and Tom Cullen!:eek:;)

blue
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
If you go out tonight at midnight and look at the moon it will be at it's brightest this year!
It's another great astronomical high light in the last month or two!

Enjoy, and my apologies to Stephen King and Tom Cullen!:eek:;)

It was pretty dang bright this morning too.

Myself and some of the people I float the Little Susitna River and the Big Su with have a bad habit of mooning the trains as they go by.

Twisterdog
12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Missed seeing the big moon tonight. I forgot to look until too late. :(

However, I appreciate the Stand reference. If you will notice my avatar .... :D

blue
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Missed seeing the big moon tonight. I forgot to look until too late. :(

However, I appreciate the Stand reference. If you will notice my avatar .... :D

Was the Beam in The Stand too? I know it was a big part of The Gunslinger/Dark Tower books...

Twisterdog
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Was the Beam in The Stand too? I know it was a big part of The Gunslinger/Dark Tower books...

The Beam is indeed in the Gunslinger series. However, most of his books are connected in subtle ways, if you are nerdy enough (like me) to notice. You can find ties to Midworld in just about every book.

blue
12-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I guess I have to reread the Stand now, at least its a good read.

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Sk re-released The Stand with some chapters that he left out!

That was really good!:D

TD,

The Walking Dude sees all!

blue
12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Anthrax wrote a song about The Stand, I cant remember the name of the song but I think it was on the Among the Living album

dukedogsmom
12-13-2008, 03:55 AM
That quote is from my favorite book of all time. The moon was really pretty. I'm glad I was off to enjoy it. When I'm working, it usually creates chaos.

Twisterdog
12-13-2008, 10:03 PM
When I'm working, it usually creates chaos.

I agree. We can always tell without fail when it is a full moon, just by the behavior of the dogs at work.

Richard, Indeed he does, and the Breakers are always at work.

blue, In Wizard & Glass the tet arrives in Topeka, Kansas after the Stand's superflu has wiped out its inhabitants. Randall Flagg is in both The Stand and The Dark Tower ... and also Eye of the Dragon, btw.