PDA

View Full Version : Nascar 2009

Pages : [1] 2

Moesha
12-12-2008, 08:44 PM
OK, so Daytona is a couple months away (well 64 days to be more accurate). But since we've already had the awards banquet, I'm starting this for the 2009 season. Here's the big story of the moment:

What will NASCAR be like without Petty Enterprises?

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
I saw that LaBonte was let out of his contract today....

Strange days ahead.

Who is going to take over the Laughing Clown Malt Liquor ride in 2009?

RICHARD
12-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Did anyone watch the NASCAR special on CMY this weekend?

What a great documentary!

Moesha
12-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I would have watched if I had known it was on. I was at such a loss this weekend. There was NOTHING on tv to watch!

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2008, 07:37 AM
I caught the last 20 mintues or so. Will have to look for it again, looked really good!

anna_66
12-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I can't even imagine NASCAR without Petty:(

We caught the show. It was really good.

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2009, 08:07 AM
So is anyone trying to keep up with all the mergers and driver changes inthe off season, or just waiting to see who is in what car on Feb. 15?

Elliot Sadler signed a contract extension through 2010. No wait, AJ Allmendinger will be in the #19. No, Sadler is suing, hs stays in the #19. AJ will maybe a 4th car for GEM...which is now GEM/Petty.

Bobby Labonte is leaves Petty. he is going to drive the #41 for Eanhardt/Gnassi. No wait,a Sponsor wants him in the #8...sorry Aric. Oops, wait a minute, Hall of Fame Racing has joined with Yates, and now Bobby is going to drive the #96 sponsered by Ask.com, taking over the points of the #38 David Gilliland drove last year. So where does that leave David?

Should be interesting when the cars take the track to see who really is where!

Until then...Dakar rally is gong on in South America. Robby Gordon is havinga good run, and just missed winning yesterday's stage by 21 seconds!

Janary 23-34-25....Lots of racing on Speed. Nascar traveling series and late models live from Irwindale. Joey Lagano and Marc Davis will be racing for Gibbs. And of course the Rolex 24 at Daytona...Casey Mears, Juan Pablo, Jimmie Johnson and others.

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Until then...Dakar rally is gong on in South America. Robby Gordon is havinga good run, and just missed winning yesterday's stage by 21 seconds!

RG has always been a 'dirty driver', I hate having to wait for a minute of watching the support trucks race at the end of the program.

I wonder who is going to broadcast the bobsled races this year. I saw a blurb in the newpaper but didn't want to read who won, so if it's broadcast I'll be surprised.

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2009, 10:31 AM
RG has always been a 'dirty driver', I hate having to wait for a minute of watching the support trucks race at the end of the program.

I wonder who is going to broadcast the bobsled races this year. I saw a blurb in the newpaper but didn't want to read who won, so if it's broadcast I'll be surprised.

It will be on Speed. I have to look up again when, I think maybe it is 4 hours this weekend, and 2 hours next?

Edit to add information from Nascar.com:

SPEED is set to televise four hours of the Bodine Bobsled Challenge at noon ET on Jan. 18 and at 2 p.m. ET on Jan. 25. MRN Radio has signed on to provide live coverage all three days of the event.

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
It will be on Speed. I have to look up again when, I think maybe it is 4 hours this weekend, and 2 hours next?

Edit to add information from Nascar.com:

SPEED is set to televise four hours of the Bodine Bobsled Challenge at noon ET on Jan. 18 and at 2 p.m. ET on Jan. 25. MRN Radio has signed on to provide live coverage all three days of the event.

Thanks,
Our local paper does a roundup of all the 'not-so-major' sports a the bottom of page. When I see something I don't want to find out the results on, I bypass it. For some reason I thought the races had been run already.:rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks,
Our local paper does a roundup of all the 'not-so-major' sports a the bottom of page. When I see something I don't want to find out the results on, I bypass it. For some reason I thought the races had been run already.:rolleyes:

They were actaully run on jan 2-4, so it is tape delay. But, at least it will be on!!

RICHARD
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
They were actaully run on jan 2-4, so it is tape delay. But, at least it will be on!!

I'll get it right eventually!:cool:

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
THAT was NASCAR bobsledding!! Every turn was an adventure-What a way to earn your "Lake Placid Stripes"!

Lady's Human
01-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Durnit, I wanted to watch that, because I probably know some of the soldiers who were on the teams as brakemen!

RICHARD
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Durnit, I wanted to watch that, because I probably know some of the soldiers who were on the teams as brakemen!

I missed the first hour of the program and I hope they gave them a few minutes of airtime!

Cincy'sMom
01-19-2009, 10:38 PM

You have another chance, next Sunday at 2pm.

It was announced today Gillette Evernham is now Richard Petty Morotosports. Good to see the Petty name still in the sport....but I don't like Reed Sorenson driving the #43. I would rather see any of the other drivers at RPM in that car (Kasey, Elliot or even AJ). Nothing against Reed, really, I just don't feel like he has earned it.

And, I am going to have to break my own personal, anybody but Hendrick rule. Gosh it pains me, but Tony Stewart will be running the #80 for Hendrick in the Nationide race at Daytona and I'll have to root for him! But the Nationwide program is really Jr. Motorsports, right?

ramanth
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Looks like I'll just tune in for the 15th race and see who is in what. Can't keep up with all the car/owner/sponser hopping.

Moesha
01-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm sure Kasey couldn't be in the #43 because of the Bud sponsorship. I'm actually surprised that he'll actually be driving a beer car under the Richard Petty name.

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Saw in the Sunday paper that some tracks are lowering the prices on tickets and some drivers are selling deals- One Auto Club track promo is a 148 dollar ticket-I wasn't paying attention to the commercial-where 48 dollars goes to a charity that the driver chose.

Interesting.

Cincy'sMom
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Saw in the Sunday paper that some tracks are lowering the prices on tickets and some drivers are selling deals- One Auto Club track promo is a 148 dollar ticket-I wasn't paying attention to the commercial-where 48 dollars goes to a charity that the driver chose.

Interesting.

I have seen that at several track. MIS, Indy and Atlanta have advertised lower prices on tickets.

$148 for California? I think last year I paid $60, for the same basic seat that costs me $95 at MIS. Maybe it is a "premium" seat, or includes a pit pass?

RICHARD
01-20-2009, 03:04 PM
I have seen that at several track. MIS, Indy and Atlanta have advertised lower prices on tickets.

$148 for California? I think last year I paid $60, for the same basic seat that costs me $95 at MIS. Maybe it is a "premium" seat, or includes a pit pass?

It is a package!

I was listening with half an ear. They are also selling some kind of soda co. sponsored seats at a discount. I think they are the first 5-10 rows in something called the "Pepsi Zone"?

LOL,

I just could look for the speedway site and get the facts straight?:eek:;)

http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/

Moesha
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, Nashville Superspeedway hasn't given any discount on their season pass packages. They are $50 cheaper than last year, but that's because we lost the IRL race. They are saying that they will have some special announcement in February to make the deal sweeter, but I'm not holding my breath. I really like the track and that it is so close to home, but I don't forsee me going to races this year.

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Why does Jimmy Spencer look constipated?

Do I really have to start eating Kelloggs Corn Flakes?:D

Moesha
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I really hope that Bill gets the pole tomorrow!

Cincy'sMom
02-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Not a bad shoouout last night. I watched it from my friend's restaraunt in St. Louis, so I didn't have any volume, but it was so good to see the cars running again! And I think it was a good first outing for Tony...I think 3rd is a team record for Hass isn't it?

Poor Joey! Rough start! But when he went spinning I was never so glad for Tony not to be in the 20. And what about The Bif? Man that I couldn't keep away from the wrecks!

smokey the elder
02-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I got to watching the race on Saturday (the shootout.) I don't really follow Nascar, but have to admit it was fascinating, with all the camera angles, etc. I liked how that one driver came out of the middle on the last lap to win. It really reminded me of a horse race, where the winner hangs out, then kicks it in!

Some of the cars are really decorated nicely. I do have one major beef with NASCAR, and that is the sponsorship by alcohol companies. I think that sends a horrid mixed message. Even though I am a nonsmoker, I found the tobacco sponsorships much less objectionable.

/soapbox.

pomtzu
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm looking forward to Daytona. I've kinda been lax in keeping up with everyone - so many changes - and I was no longer a faithful follower after Rusty retired.
My 12 yr old grandson is sooo excited - he gets to go to his first "big" race at Dover in September. He went to one of the Saturday Busch races several years ago, but wasn't really old enough at the time to stay too interested in it. He's a big Kasey fan now. My son and dil have gone to both Dover races every year for many years now, and used to travel to a lot of other tracks out of state when they had the opportunity, but no more going out of state.
Me??? - I just watch it at home. I have a much better view! I do like to go to the track and walk around with them and people watch on a Saturday afternoon or night tho. A lot of interesting sights, to say the least. :D

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Some of the cars are really decorated nicely. I do have one major beef with NASCAR, and that is the sponsorship by alcohol companies. I think that sends a horrid mixed message. Even though I am a nonsmoker, I found the tobacco sponsorships much less objectionable.

/soapbox.

I can understand that, but at the same time alcohol is as much a part of the history of the sport as the cars are. Many of the original drivers were Moonshiners and them racing their cars when they weren't running alcohol really has a lot to do with the start of the sport. The two are tied together.

For years and years the Petty's had refused to run alcohol sponsors on the cars, not would they particpate in the Bud Shoot-out because of its ties to beer. But now, through their merger with GEM, a Richard Petty Car sports Budweiser as its primary sponsor. It is a shame that these economic times have forced them to allow this, but I would rather see that, then the Petty name not be part of NASCAR. This years 500 will be the first 500 since 1965 that a Petty has not participated in as a driver.

Moesha
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I am so happy for Tommy Baldwin, Scott Riggs and Jeremy Mayfield. I'm happy that AJ got in as well. They all had worked with Evernham over the years. I'm happy that Tommy and Jeremy's teams made it in. That's a huge accomplishment. I'll have to pull out my FREE TOMMY tshirt for the 500. A group of us from a Kasey Kahne message board had them made several years back. Remember when Kasey was leading at Chicago and Tony plowed right over him on a restart and Tommy, who was Kasey's crew chief at the time, got down from the pitbox and went to the 20 pitbox and a fight broke out? Tommy was suspended. That's how we showed our support. Later that season I wore my shirt to the Nashville speedway when the IRL was there. They have an autograph session with all the drivers. Tomas Scheckter was very concerned about what had happened to Tommy. LOL

kokopup
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Beer has sponsored Nascar teams as far back as I can remember. The hard stuff was outlawed up until a few years ago.

Cincy'sMom
02-13-2009, 06:54 AM
I wasn't able to watch the Duels...I was on the road for the first one and heard it on the radio, and waiting for a standby flight for the second, so I missed it completely, except watching the leaderboard on me cellphone for the last 2 laps. I am ready to watch some racing!!! The trucks are on track tonight and I can't wait!

With so many cars there to qual, it is hard. I am happy for Scott Riggs and AJ. I have nothing against Jeremy, but I find his wife annoying (from the TV interviews and shows I have seen with her). And I'm glad Clint Bowyer, Travis Kvapil, and Regan Smith got in. I hate to see Boris Said and Mike Wallace and Mike Skinner, Joe Nemeck and so many others go home...

Cincy'sMom
02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Had to break my own Anybody but Hendrick Rule today...and it paid off! Great finish and the right guy came out on top! Hope for more of the same tomorrow!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I got my big bag of Chex mix (cheese flavor) and the root beer is chillin'.

Let's go racin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

kokopup
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
There was a time that I couldn't stand Tony Steward but Now I find myself rooting for him. He showed how great he was as a driver with his win yesterday. # 9 is still my man but i hope Steward and Newman have a good showing their first year on their own.

Daisy and Delilah
02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
We haven't had rain here in so long, I've forgotten when the last rainy day was. I can't believe we have a good chance of rain today.:(

It's extremely overcast but not raining at all yet. I am so hoping it waits until tonight.:(

GO MARK!!!!!!!!!:D

pomtzu
02-15-2009, 02:15 PM
There was a time that I couldn't stand Tony Steward

There was a time I couldn't stand him either. NOW!!! :D:D:D

Moesha
02-15-2009, 03:25 PM
For anyone that may have direct tv, they have free hot pass coverage today. The drivers are Kasey, Jimmie, Jr, and Carl.

RICHARD
02-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I got my big bag of Chex mix (cheese flavor) and the root beer is chillin'.

Let's go racin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

LOL, You are still trying for the Perfect Woman award.

I have original CM, rootbeer and Kiwi Strawberry soda!:p

Go 5!

Moesha
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
And so it begins...

I always look forward to the season starting and shortly into it, NASCAR does something to squash that enthusiasm. I don't like controversy, so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I was disappointed that it ended early because of rain! :(

RobiLee
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm so excited that Mark Martin is racing full time this season and was really hoping he could pull off the win. All is well though because I can handle a win by Matt Kenseth.

Congrats Matt!

P.S. My son was at the race today. I hope he had a good time and didn't get too wet.

ramanth
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, stinks that it was a rain out. :(

Was really hoping that Tony would pull it off. :) And I'm sure Jr. and Busch are gonna have words. :eek:

Daisy and Delilah
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
What a bummer. I don't mind Matt winning at all, however. It's still raining at my house and pretty hard at that.:( We really need it.

I missed the Jr. thing. What happened? I was going from one tv to the next and missed it.:(

Cincy'sMom
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
And so it begins...

I always look forward to the season starting and shortly into it, NASCAR does something to squash that enthusiasm. I don't like controversy, so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

It is interesting that Jr. didn't get the same penalty as Leffler did yesterday...

I would have like to see them run the last 48 laps, but I'll take an 8th for the first race. Tony's car was better then that though. Off to California....

Moesha
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I just noticed that HotPass is going to be free on Direct TV all season. This week's drivers are Kahne, Harvick, Junior and Carl Edwards.

RICHARD
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I got my first issue of NASCAR SCENE today.

It had Kyle Busch on the cover. After I read the REALLY INTERESTING stories I gave it to my brother. I refuse to have anything with his name or picture on it in my house.;)

----------

"I'll just run out and pick up this loose tire...no one will see me!"

---------

If I was Mark Martin, I'd run over my pit crew at the next race, then turn the keys over to the owner and say, "No thanks!"

GIve the guy a CAR to race!:eek:

aTailOf2Kitties
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Good lord there's just no escaping Kyle Busch- he's friggin' everywhere! I can barely stomach watching any races this season. Most weekends have me wanting to throw something at the TV just to escape the crush all of the TV announcers have on Kyle . I still root for Colin Braun in the Truck series and Mark Martin in Cup, but Shrub/Rowdy/Wild Thang has totally ruined the Nationwide series for me since my favorite NW driver (Hamilton Jr) isn't driving this season.

yaaaaaay Mark! :love::cool:
Booooooo Kyle! :mad:

RICHARD
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Good lord there's just no escaping Kyle Busch- he's friggin' everywhere!
yaaaaaay Mark! :love::cool:
Booooooo Kyle! :mad:

I think that the M&Ms I ate 5 years ago are making my stomach hurt.:D;)

Yep, he's everywhere. I am looking to his same pattern of last year, this year.

Win races, go away for the chase.:eek:

Cincy'sMom
03-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Somehow I survived the off weekend, but I am ready for some racing this weekend!

Saturday night, 6pm on ESPN 2 a Charity race at Bristol, celebrities race 15 laps to set the starting order for Legends...Junior Johnson, Harry Gant, Jack Ingram, Jimmie Spencer, Rusty Wallace. How fun will that be to watch?

aTailOf2Kitties
03-21-2009, 11:04 AM
wooo-hoooo, Mark on the pole again!:cool: Keeping all fingers and toes crossed that the car will hold up this time;)

RICHARD
03-21-2009, 12:53 PM
wooo-hoooo, Mark on the pole again!:cool: Keeping all fingers and toes crossed that the car will hold up this time;)

Gonna eat my corn flakes tomorrow!

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
GO MARK!!!!! I would love nothing more than to see Mark win @ Bristol!!!!:D

kokopup
03-22-2009, 11:53 AM
I got an email from Direct tv saying that Hotpass was free to all this week. :D

Moesha
03-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Hotpass has been free all year. So far they've had a channel with Kasey's team. Well, I'm not sure about Atlanta, because I was on vacation that week. My RaceView subscription expired and I'm going to try to go as long as I can using Hotpass and not resubscribing to RaceView. I'm hoping to make it to Phoenix. I just need them to have Kasey for Texas because I probably won't be home for Martinsville next weekend anyway.

kokopup
03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I am a Kasey fan myself. The Kasey hotpass was great today. Kasey was definately up on the wheel the whole race. His car was good on the long run, but on that short run restart Johnson and Gordon were able to stay
out front. I don't think anyone could have caught Busch or Hamlin. Sorry
aTailOf2Kitties that Martin got stuck in Kasey's rear view mirror. ;) I have a 100" HD projection screen so I ended up with two 50" screens to watch. It is great to not loose viewing during commercials.

Moesha
03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree about not losing viewing during the commercials. Today was the first day I've watched with only hotpass and not trackpass going also. I had hoped to make it until Phoenix before renewing my trackpass, but I don't think I'll be able to wait. Hotpass is good, but I hate not having the team audio during the commercials. They go to commercial so often during caution when the teams are talking strategy and adjustments. I really missed hearing Kasey talk with Kenny and Kole today. But I must say, the way they have hotpass now is MUCH better than the first couple years. I purchased it the first year and COULD NOT stand it. They had commentators talking about each of the featured hotpass drivers. It was terrible. What they have now is the best I've seen offered for free. I'm glad they've featured Kasey so often also.

I really like the new configuration of Bristol. They can actually race there now. And without running half the race under caution, it seemed to fly by!

aTailOf2Kitties
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't mind that Mark got caught behind Kasey. I'm just happy he finished with the car in one piece! I was wondering what was gonna happen this week: engine, tire, accident, random piece of space junk mysteriously falling from the sky.... LOL.

I missed the last 75 laps but I recorded it. Not sure if I wanna watch it now that I found out you-know-who won, LOL ;)

Daisy and Delilah
03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't mind that Mark got caught behind Kasey. I'm just happy he finished with the car in one piece! I was wondering what was gonna happen this week: engine, tire, accident, random piece of space junk mysteriously falling from the sky.... LOL.

:D :D :D I'll have to tell my daughter what you said. She'll love it. That's exactly what I was thinking.:D

kokopup
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM
originally posted by Moesha

I'm glad they've featured Kasey so often also.

I am speculating that Kasey is getting more exposure because "BUD"
is a major sponsor for the race each week. They are probably asking
for him to be one of the drivers on Hotpass. Ok with me.

Moesha
03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
This week the drivers that will be on hotpass for the race in Martinsville are Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards and Dale Jr.

kokopup
03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not a fan of any of this weeks Hotpass drivers but will probably watch
Carl Edwards since I think he is the best of the lot.

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Why does NASCAR bring out the best in people?

I was walking out of my gate when I heard someone yelling at me over the music on my earphones.

I stopped and saw the mailman gesturing to me-when I got the earpiece out he wanted to know who the NASCAR fan was in the house.

Of course he has seen the NASCAR publication, Marlboro/GP ads and the Harvick flag waving on the porch....

We did a little back and forth across the street and got the info on his driver, the kind of beer he drinks (it's not the brand HIS driver is sponsored by) and why he has no particular hatred for the brother of his favorite driver. It was a fun 10 minutes and I now know another NASCAR fan I can yell at when I see them.

I have always found race fans to be very faithful to their guys and always ready to start a conversation and trade a few jabs about the race, season or who crashed who the week before.

I love my NASCAR and the crazy fans, too!:D

anna_66
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I got my first issue of NASCAR SCENE today.

It had Kyle Busch on the cover. After I read the REALLY INTERESTING stories I gave it to my brother. I refuse to have anything with his name or picture on it in my house.;)

Oh, so I'm not around for a while and your all making fun of Kyle now:eek:
If Mark only knew he'd be kicking your butt:p;)

GO KYLE:D

aTailOf2Kitties
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
99% of my NASCAR buddies are online. My in-laws and I go to the Memphis races every year but they're just generic race fans. I wish I had someone to shoot the bull with about NASCAR other than the drunk guy that lives one street over. At least he's a Mark Martin fan.

No worries anna_66. I'll talk bad about Kyle even if you're here if it makes you feel better, LOL. I don't hate him, I just think we are seeing waaaaaay too much of him. I'm hoping he thinks the Memphis Nationwide race this fall isn't worth his time. I dont think he's raced the Truck here in awhile so no worries there.

kokopup
03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
kyle Busch is without double one of the best drivers out there today. Unfortunately he is not very likable. I don't care for him at all and some of that has to do with the brand he drives.

I will probably only make it to one or two races this year, both being at Talledega. I live about 40 miles from the track so I don't have a good reason not to be there. I really don't care for restrictor plate racing but the races there are alway exciting. My favorite track is Atlanta because it is fast and you can see the whole track. I would love to go to a race in Bristol or Martinsville because I was brought up enjoying short track racing. I lived just Blocks from BIR where the old Alabama Gang honed their skills before Nascar.

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, so I'm not around for a while and your all making fun of Kyle now:eek:
If Mark only knew he'd be kicking your butt:p;)

GO KYLE:D

I sure as shiat ain't sending you an Christmas card with KB on it.:p:D

TO2K,

Nascar and Drunks?

NEVER!:eek::eek:

KKP,

KB is a great driver and he knows it!

AACK!

-------

My NASCAR magazine came today and Kurt is staring back at me as I walk up the driveway!

Double Acck!

Moesha
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I love my NASCAR and the crazy fans, too!:D

I resemble that remark!

I've had season passes to the races in Nashville for several years. This year with a season pass ticket, they are including admission to the driver's meetings. That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.

Cincy'sMom
03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I resemble that remark!

I've had season passes to the races in Nashville for several years. This year with a season pass ticket, they are including admission to the driver's meetings. That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.

Hmmm....we had been debating the April Nationwide race. Might give a little more reason to consider it!

Anna, tomorrow morning at 9 am on Espn Classic, Sports Century is about Tony Stewart. I have my DVR set!

Kyle sure can drive...but I still refuse to become a fan. At least one that wears any Kyle gear!

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
That would be interesting to attend, but sadly I think I'll have to pass this year.

You could sit at the back with a straw and spitwads.:D

aTailOf2Kitties
03-26-2009, 07:03 AM
I resemble that remark!

I wish Memphis (sister track to N'Ville) would do that. Had season tix for years and the only way I can ever get pics of drivers is by fighting my way to the front of the mosh-pit at the fence during intros, LOL. Nashville is a nice track. I have been there for a motorcycle race, but not NASCAR.

RICHARD
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I, LOL. Nashville is a nice track. I have been there for a motorcycle race, but not NASCAR.

Dirt or street bikes? :D

I love the smell of castrol!

-------------

CM,
I caught some of the TS program, as a kid he looked nothing like he does today. I think it's the cheeks.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
whatever bikes these are:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/Dega%20Bikes%2007/Bike10.jpg I guess those are considered street bikes, although there is a class for dirtbikes. Just put some racing tires on them and let 'em go! It's cool and strange at the same time

I know I've got pictures from Nashville somewhere, but can't find them :confused: I guess I never put them online.

RICHARD
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
whatever bikes these are:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/Dega%20Bikes%2007/Bike10.jpg I guess those are considered street bikes, although there is a class for dirtbikes. Just put some racing tires on them and let 'em go! It's cool and strange at the same time

I know I've got pictures from Nashville somewhere, but can't find them :confused: I guess I never put them online.

Yes, street bikes! Suzukis! The dirtbikes with street tires are very popular in Europe and are classed as "Motorads"

Those guys are fun to watch, especially in the turns.

The Daytona Class races that were run here at AAA raceway will be televised on Saturday night on SPEED, 8 p.m. EST!

kokopup
03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
I have been a volunteer at the Barber Motorsport park for both the AMA Superbike championship series and the Gran-Am Series. This gives me free admission to the the WERA Regionals. aTailOf2Kitties the races you had in Memphis were WERA Regionals. I have worked my way into the VIP hospitality lounge for my volunteer work. I get to see all the racers and a birds eye view of the races. They just completed testing here for Indi cars and it looks like we will be getting an Indi race soon.I hope we can get a American Lemans series race here in the future. Barber is world class so eventually they will have a full calender. Between Barber and Talladega I get to see some great racing. I have been thinking of Volunteering at Talladega also.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-27-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah the bike races I went to were WERA. My bf's highschool buddy was racing for a while in that series and my bf and I were his onofficial crew, LOL. I've been to Talladega and Nashville bike races. We were busy when he went to Barber. He had a kid a couple years ago so he's kinda sittin' it out awhile. I'm not into motorcycles too much, but I do like taking picures and getting out of town for a weekend.

I've only seen NASCAR races at Memphis and the rare trip to the drag strip.

kokopup
03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I used to be real big into motorcycles. I owned a Yamaha/Suzuki Dealership. My son Raced Motocross and we were on the road all the time with him racing. He was really quite good until he got a girl friend and discovered SEX. I couldn't convince him he had his whole life to be a lover but only a short time to be a top Motocrosser. He is 46 now and often tells me how stupid he was back then.

You need to come to Barber if you get the chance, It is world class and the Barber Motorcycle museum is unreal. I will go to 2 motorcycle and 2 car events there this year, plus we have our Audi Club meet there every year. I even get on the track a little. I don't race but we get some laps as club members.:D

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2009, 05:18 PM
#48: *beep*beep* ...

#11: Zooooooom

#48: ZZZZOOOOOooom
#48: **BEEP ** BEEP**!

#11: Zooooom

#48: << squeeeeeeze <SQUEEEEEZE>>>
#48: >>>NUDGE<<<

#11: :eek:

#14: Oh, GOODIE! :)

#11: Sun-ofa-_ _ _ _ _ !
#14: Awwww, NUTZ!

#48: ZZZZOOOOM! :D

kokopup
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm not a great Johnson fan, But that was one classic Martinsville finish. The 48 team has their act together. It seems that no matter how bad they are early in the race they work out the problems before the end. The only lap that really matters is the last one. I'm a Kahne fan and they
couldn't get his car right all day. Martinsville has never been one of his better tracks anyway.

RICHARD
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
He was really quite good until he got a girl friend and discovered SEX.

Sex?

What kind of M/C is that?:confused:;) The closest thing I can remember with an "X' in is was a ROTAX!

Good to see Jeffy win one. I wonder how many parking lots he practiced doughnuts in while he waited for a checkered flag?:D

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I was glad to see Jeff win, just so we won't have to listen to how long it has been since his last one!

Got my tickets ordered for Nashville! I'm really excited to see how the All-Access passes work!

kokopup
04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Quote by Richard

What kind of M/C is that? The closest thing I can remember with an "X' in is was a ROTAX!

I recall very well competing against a 125 cc Mx bike in my days. This was The British built RTX. When I was a teenager I owned a BSA Bantam and My best friend owned a SIMPLEX. Mine was a great machine
and his was a piece of crXX.:D

ROTAX does make some good engines.

I think a lot of people were rooting for Gorden to win. I can remember when he was hated as badly as Kyle is today. He was dominating then like kyle is now. I guess he had to become an underdog for people to warm up to him.

Moesha
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I was glad to see Jeff win, just so we won't have to listen to how long it has been since his last one!

Got my tickets ordered for Nashville! I'm really excited to see how the All-Access passes work!

Oh I'm so sad that I won't be there this time. The fan walk is very nice there. I've gotten lots of autographs and photos from there. Being in the garage and the drivers' meeting will be awesome. I so wish I were getting to go. I'll be here on my couch 45 minutes away thinking of you. Have you been there before? Where will you be staying? Maybe I can give you some tips that will help you get around.

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh I'm so sad that I won't be there this time. The fan walk is very nice there. I've gotten lots of autographs and photos from there. Being in the garage and the drivers' meeting will be awesome. I so wish I were getting to go. I'll be here on my couch 45 minutes away thinking of you. Have you been there before? Where will you be staying? Maybe I can give you some tips that will help you get around.

We are staying in Nashville, close to the airport. We'll be there Friday night until Monday morning. We've been to Nashville (Just once, overnight), but not to the track. Any tips on traffic for the race, or things to see and do in the area would be great! We have been to Opryland, and downtown, but haven't spent a lot of time.

I did buy the season passes and I'm not sure if we will make it back for the other races (I'm hoping at least the truck). If you interested in the tickets, let me know. I'd rather see them used then laying on my kitchen counter!

RICHARD
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote by Richard

I recall very well competing against a 125 cc Mx bike in my days. This was The British built RTX. When I was a teenager I owned a BSA Bantam and My best friend owned a SIMPLEX. Mine was a great machine
and his was a piece of crXX.:D

I bet you dream about your BSA.....and still laugh about the Simplex!

------------

I missed the indy race yesterday.

THis may be the year that Danica Patrick gets punched out. WTF is her problem? Everytime something happens and she is involved in it she HAS to go and complain and try to get people to drive her way.

I hope she DNFs the entire season. Her prima donna mindset really irritates.

anna_66
04-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I sure as shiat ain't sending you an Christmas card with KB on it.:p:D

My NASCAR magazine came today and Kurt is staring back at me as I walk up the driveway!

Double Acck!
Oh come on Richard why not;)

And it serves you right getting the mag with him on the cover:p

Kyle sure can drive...but I still refuse to become a fan. At least one that wears any Kyle gear!
Hey, you just need to come and live with Mark for a while....you'll have to be a fan that wears Kyle gear:D
Hard to believe I like someone who two years ago I absolutely despised!

I'm really happy that Jeff won Sunday....Mark was just happy Jimmy didn't!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Oh come on Richard why not;)

And it serves you right getting the mag with him on the cover:p

Hey, you just need to come and live with Mark for a while....you'll have to be a fan that wears Kyle gear:D
Hard to believe I like someone who two years ago I absolutely despised!

I'm really happy that Jeff won Sunday....Mark was just happy Jimmy didn't!!!

I debated if I was going to have to buy something Kyle to wear to the Nationwide race this weekend in Nashville...but I think I'll stick with my Kenny Wallace t-shirt!

GILL
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM
WELL, Lucky our NASCAT is happy now that we have a few races under our belt. I'm happy that the Jeff's finally broken the streak and did it with stile. Now all he has too do is get a good over the wall crew and it will continue. Even Chessie is happy he got to see some GTP racing this pass weekend and we found out that Penny like F1.
God I love race families

Moesha
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I apologize in advance for posting this here rather than sending a private message. I tried to send one and it was two times larger than it would let me send. Rather than trying to cut and paste, I'm just going to post it here. Maybe it will help someone else in the future. :)

We are staying in Nashville, close to the airport. We'll be there Friday night until Monday morning. We've been to Nashville (Just once, overnight), but not to the track. Any tips on traffic for the race, or things to see and do in the area would be great! We have been to Opryland, and downtown, but haven't spent a lot of time.

I did buy the season passes and I'm not sure if we will make it back for the other races (I'm hoping at least the truck). If you interested in the tickets, let me know. I'd rather see them used then laying on my kitchen counter!

The track is not in or even really close to Nashville. It is outside of Lebanon, just off of Hwy 231, between Lebanon and Murfreesboro. The way that most people will get to the track will be on Interstate 840, which you would get to from I-40 East from Nashville. You shouldn't really have traffic trouble getting to the track if you are going to get there for qualifying and such. I'm not exactly sure how long it would take you, but my estimate would be at least 45 minutes from the airport in Nashville to the track. Again the I-40 to I-840 to the track exit would work. The alternative would be to stay on I-40 East for two more exits I believe and get off in Lebanon at Hwy 231. I can't remember the exit number, but I can get it for you. Once you get off there take a right at the top of the ramp. Go out that road for about 15 minutes and the road that the track is on will be on your right. It is marked. This is the way that I come in, mostly because I live on that side of the track. I like it because you see the grandstands as you approach and get a perspective of everything. I have never come in off of 840, but I am sure that is well marked as well.

Since you have season passes, you should have a special parking permit for season pass holders. I didn't have passes last year, so I'm not sure if they changed it or not, but the previous years this area was close to the track but not in the paved area. The paved parking was for Premium Plus Parking. My advice for parking is to look at the map http://nashvillesuperspeedway.com/track/Nashville_Map_09.pdf and notice the the season ticket parking next to Dale Earnhardt Dr. I'd park down next to that area. You'll have to walk farther to get into the track, but that's the only place that I know of where they used to let you exit back to Hwy 231 and not go to I-840. EVERYONE is going to be trying to get out and they send everyone to 840 except for one lane of traffic that exits from the left of Dale Earnhardt Dr. If you get in that lane that goes back to Hwy 231, you'll turn left out of the track area and at the end of that road turn left on 231. Then 15 minutes and you'll be back at I-40 in Lebanon. It can save you an hour or more getting out of the parking lot. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to exit out of the parking lot back to 231. The last time I was at the track I happened to see a sign before I parked. If you park anywhere else, all roads will lead to 840. LOL I hope that sort of makes sense. If you have any questions, just ask a parking person where you can park so you can exit out to 231 after the race. They should be able to help you. Do you have your parking pass already? I hope they sent it to you and you don't have to pick it up at Will Call. I'm not sure how that would work because you'd have to park first.

To get to pit road and the fan walk and garage area there is a shuttle that leaves in front of the Will Call Ticket area. That area is really nice. I've gotten wonderful pictures from there and that was before they let fans in the garage or on pit road. Some even stay on the fan walk area during the race because you are right behind the pit crews. I usually am in the fan walk area when the race starts. I just love being in the infield seeing the cars go by on the track. But that does mean that you miss some while riding the tram shuttle back to the track entrance. Of course, you'll have access to the cars lined up on the track and be able to go out there, so that may change things also. I need to find where my pictures are online for you to look at.

I love the night race in June there. I highly recommend going there if you can. If things don't work out for you to return, let me know and I just might be interested in your tickets. I have never been to the truck race. Two years in a row when I had tickets I had funerals to attend. Plus it is so hot in August, that it was hard to motivate myself to go after that. I did go over for autographs one day but didn't end up staying for the race because I was by myself. The trucks are pretty awesome though.

Now as for what I would recommend for Nashville. You said you had been to Opryland. I am not sure if you meant the old Opryland theme park that is now gone or if you meant the Opryland Hotel. If you haven't been to the hotel...GO! Even if you have been, they've renovated and added more to it. Here's a tip though so you don't end up paying $8 for parking if you do go. Go to Oprymills Mall. Go around to the side with the movies. Park at the far end of the parking lot there across from the trees. There is a nice paved walking path through that area that will take you to the entrance of the hotel by the river boat ride inside. Another interesting thing to see in Nashville is the Parthenon. It is in Centennial Park that is off of West End, which is what Broadway downtown turns into if you drive far enough. The Country Music Hall of Fame is over in that area also, if you are interested in that.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I'll help you in anyway I can! I hope you have a wonderful time! Nashville is an awesome track!

RICHARD
04-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Egg Rolls?
two for a dollar!
Jelly Rolls?
69 cents each!
Dinner Rolls?
12 for 1.49!
Nemecek Rolls?
Priceless and he can drive away!

Moesha
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I wish I had been there! WAH!!!!!!!!!! http://www.moodsmilies.com/smilies/sad/4_9_21.gif

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I was there...and somehow missed it!! I saw the start of the wreck and was watching Michael Annett, Brendon Gaughn and that group, and missed Joe rolling behind them! Ralph saw Joe land, but mised him on his lid.

We had a great time. Nashville is an awesome track and I would love to go back. I love the fan walk and the all access was very cool too! I got a ton of autographs (including Joey Lagano, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards) and lots of pictures. We watched the first 1/2 the race from behind pit road and being that close to the track is just awesome!

I have to get taxes done tonight, but then I will try to get pictures up.

Moesha
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I am so glad that you liked it. I love the Nashville track, but then I always wonder if I am biased because it is so close. I'm glad you were able to watch from the fan walk. You don't see the backstretch, but I agree, it is an awesome experience. Can't wait for pictures. :D And tell us about how the drivers' meeting was please.

aTailOf2Kitties
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
my first sheetmetal! It's from Bobby Hamilton Jr's car from a couple years back. I hate that he's not driving this year. He's a grumpy lil' bugger but I really like him.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/random%20stuff/random006.jpg (pardon my gut at the bottom- I had to hold the camera waaaay over my head to get the whole thing in the shot)
I can't believe I got this much for 70 bucks delivered, let alone somebody I actually like. It's in 2 pieces but that's OK with me

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I've been to races at Phoenix, California, Michigan, Kentucky and now Nashville. I think Nashville has the best set up of these tracks, and makes it easiest to see all the way around the track. I would definately go back.

I took way too many pictures to post, so I'll just put a link. There are about 315 pictures, and about 200 of them are from the race!

http://labsnspots.shutterfly.com/6250

Okay, maybe I'll add one picture, in case Robin is lurking around...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da35b3127ccec689a7b2c04300000040O00AbM3LVi3cuG IPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Moesha
04-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow, I've never seen the stands so empty. Not even after the night race was rained out and they ended up having to race on Sunday. So sad. Looks like you had a great time though!

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
The driver's meeting was okay...they had them in a tent and then the outside of the tent roped off where you could stand. They had some speakers set up outside. We did get over there a little too late...it was already about 4-5 people deep. Instead, we stood up in front of the tent, directly where across from where they would come out of themeeting. Couldn't hear much of anything.

I think if I were to go back, I'd get over there sooner to get closer and hear more of it!

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Are we ready for some Saturday night racing? If Jimmie wins, again, I will find a way to get to Phoenix in Novmber. He has never won when I was there, but has one ever race since the last time I was out there.....

aTailOf2Kitties
04-18-2009, 06:16 PM
#5 lookin' alive! Mark Martin on the pole......... AGAIN!

RobiLee
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm lurking!

Thanks for posting this picture. Very cool!

I've been to races at Phoenix, California, Michigan, Kentucky and now Nashville. I think Nashville has the best set up of these tracks, and makes it easiest to see all the way around the track. I would definately go back.

I took way too many pictures to post, so I'll just put a link. There are about 315 pictures, and about 200 of them are from the race!

http://labsnspots.shutterfly.com/6250

Okay, maybe I'll add one picture, in case Robin is lurking around...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da35b3127ccec689a7b2c04300000040O00AbM3LVi3cuG IPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

RobiLee
04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I couldn't breathe!!!...LOL

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Way to Go, Mark Martin!!!!!!!

aTailOf2Kitties
04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
((sniff)).... ((sniff)) somebody please pass the tissues, as this is the happiest I've been in a looooooooooooooong time. {{{ATO2K sheds a flood of long-overdue happy tears}}}

RICHARD
04-18-2009, 10:55 PM
There's no crying in racing!
;)

Roush showed some real class after the race....

YEA!!!!!

I am going to buy Kelloggs SOMETHING next time I shop....

Too freaking cool! Let's hear it for old guys!

And I liked his thank you to his wife!

Cinder & Smoke
04-18-2009, 11:02 PM
:)
:D

Yeeeeee~HAW!!

Go 5 ~~~ GO MARK!!

Let's hear it for the "Old Guy"!!

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, if a Hendrick car had to win, it didn't break my hear that it was Mark. It was very cool to see all the other drivers and owners that came to Victory Lane to congratulate him. And since Tony was #2...not a bad night at all :)

Robin, I have to say, I might like Carl just a tad more after going to Nashville....he was very cool about visiting with fans on his way to qualifying, on his way back from qualifying, when he came out of the media center. Anytime there were fans around, he stopped to say hello, take a picture or sign something. Most other drivers did going one way or the other, but he did if everytime he was going anywhere.

RICHARD
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Nope, I wasn't dreaming, there it was, in the paper this morning!

I can hardly wait for my magazine to come on tuesday!:D

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Thought it was going to be a weekend for the old guys all around....Kenny Schrader had a great run in the ARCA race, but was out of gas with 3 to go. BUt a dominate performance for him until that point....(I guess almost doens't quite count though)

RICHARD
04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
I was watching CMT today and went by CMT. THey have a program that goes to the homes of C&W stars, athletes and such.

Mark Martin is a chump.

His house has a master bathroom that is as big as the place I lived in!:eek::D

And he is a little 'under the thumb'-his wife has a huge counter for her stuff. His counter is on another wall and smaller!;)

They also went to the MM museum. WOW, HE really deserves to win a few more races this year!

RICHARD
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Dear Stock Car JESUS,

While I love speedway racing, that there restrictor plate may be the work of Satan.

Please take care of those drivers, especially the ones that make the highlight shows by flipping over.

Amen.:eek:

beeniesmom
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow, what a race!
I wish that guy crapowsky wouldn't have thrown Carl over like he did.
It's a miracle noone got hurt, especially in the crowd.
The car looked like it could have easily flipped over the barrier.
What a lame way to win....
Glad Jr. got second...

Moesha
04-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Speechless.

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I think this may be more evidence PT prayers work...good job Richard!

Wow! What a finish.

kokopup
04-27-2009, 09:24 AM
While I hate restrictor plate racing, I hate to think of what kind of wrecks we would be having at both Daytona and Talladega if the speeds were allowed to go up. If Buddy Baker could drive a 200+ lap in 1970 think what kind of speeds they could attain today. That wreck that Carl had on the last lap may have been a real disaster because his car may have cleared the fence. The 7 slightly injured people would have turned into hundreds dead. Nascar knew what they were doing when they mandated the plate in 88.

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I was on the phone with my brother while they were watching this (previously recorded). So I had to go online and see for myself this Carl Edwards accident. That was crazy, and I am very glad nobody was seriously injured.
No back flips (outside of the car) for Carl though. :(

kokopup
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
That was his first flip in the car.

Cincy'sMom
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
RIP David Poole....The Morning Drive won't be the same.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/official/04/28/david.poole.obit/index.html

Moesha
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
NASCAR won't be the same without him. He definitely had opinions and made sure that they were known.

I wish I hadn't given my Sirius radio to my sister-in-law. I would like to hear the tribute show tomorrow. The morning drive was one of the NASCAR talk shows that I liked, especially after the addition of Mike Bagley.

RICHARD
05-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I think this may be more evidence PT prayers work...good job Richard!

Wow! What a finish.

stock car Jesus loves everyone.

Moesha
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Then why does he only sponsor Morgan Shepherd?

aTailOf2Kitties
05-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Then why does he only sponsor Morgan Shepherd?
'cuz they went to high school together? [/Morgan Shepherd's age reference]

RICHARD
05-02-2009, 05:41 PM
'cuz they went to high school together? [/Morgan Shepherd's age reference]

Both of you are going to spend eternity in the cheap seats in the backstretch..............;)

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Both of you are going to spend eternity in the cheap seats in the backstretch..............;)

As long as you got tickets to the race, does it matter where they are?

anna_66
05-03-2009, 07:36 AM
As long as you got tickets to the race, does it matter where they are?

No it does not:D

What? No one is going to comment on Kyle winning this weekend:p :p
Go Joe Gibbs Racing!

Just too bad Denny didn't win last night:(

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
3 for 3 on the weekend for Kyle. Not a bad birthday present. Too bad they cancelled the late model race in Nashville today, or we may have made it 4 for 4.

I do feel bad for Denny...he has had such a great car at Richmond,a nd never quite makes it. Maybe in September. I'm still thinking I might try to get to that one.

Second and Fourth for SHR....who will get their first win? Horrible to say, but I'm hoping it is still a few weeks off....so that it can come at Michigan.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-03-2009, 11:52 AM
good weekend for Mark too! Up to 15th in the standings. :cool:

RICHARD
05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Check out the pics of CE's wreck @ NASCAR Scene.........
wow.

anna_66
05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow is almost putting it midly. Just looking at when his car came down on Ryan Newman and the way that fence is tore up scares me:eek:

RobiLee
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
What a driver! Way to go, Mark Martin!! His 1st mutiple win season since 1999. Congrats!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

aTailOf2Kitties
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
YESSSSSSSS! Crazy Old Man wins again!!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
:cool:

The 'Ole Phart' does it again!! ;)

Way to GO, Mark!!

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2009, 11:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARK!!!!!!! - Awesome!!! :) :) :)

We're so proud of you we can't stand it!!!!:D

Cincy'sMom
05-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Congrats Mark! If a Hendrick car is gonna win...I suppose....

As much as it kills me, a congrats to Chad Knaus too. He certainly has talent as a crew chief to keep that team together and keep them fighting for wins week in a week out. Doesn't he want to go work at SHR?

And another week with both SHR drivers in the Top 5! Congrats Tony!

Nice Top 10 for Joey, and Denny bounced back to a Top 15 too. Not a bad night for JGR. Kyle's luck this week was way off, but despite what he may think, you really can't win them all!

Cinder & Smoke
05-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Congrats Mark! If a Hendrick car is gonna win...I suppose....

Oh my ...

Did it cause you much pain to write that?

< snikker >
:p

RICHARD
05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Ever notice that a 30 second lap takes forever when it's your driver in front?

""""""""""""""""""""

Jeremy Mayfield, WHAT is the matter with you? :confused:

aTailOf2Kitties
05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Ever notice that a 30 second lap takes forever when it's your driver in front?yup, especially when he has a history of running out of gas, LOL:D

Daisy and Delilah
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Ever notice that a 30 second lap takes forever when it's your driver in front?

That's an understatement there.:D I was dialing my daughter and it seemed like I would never be able to hit the last number. She is Mark's biggest fan on the planet I think.:)

RICHARD
05-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I didn't watch the highlights for fear he would run out of gas on tape. :rolleyes:

I am going to be gracious in victory...........

kids.......peh! ;)

Oh, if you need anything from Stock Car Jesus, ask!
I prayed for 4 wins this year for the #5.
HALFWAY there.

Cincy'sMom
05-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Dear Stock Car Jesus,

Please give each SHR driver a win this season.

Amen

RICHARD
05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
CM,
I light candles,too. JUST to make sure.:)

--------------------

Pit crew challenge tonight!

aTailOf2Kitties
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
dear Stock Car Jesus
please don't let Kyle Busch win any more Nationwide or Truck races, so I can watch them without wanting to vomit at the end.

And, oh yeah, thank you so much for smiling upon Mark Martin the last few races :)

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
dear Stock Car Jesus
please don't let Kyle Busch win any more Nationwide or Truck races, so I can watch them without wanting to vomit at the end.

So how does it work when prayers are conflicting....cause I'm pretty sure Mark and Anna are work against you on that one!

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
dear Stock Car Jesus
please don't let Kyle Busch win any more Nationwide or Truck races ...

So how does it work when prayers are conflicting ...
cause I'm pretty sure Mark and Anna are working against you on that one!

God is prolly the one *counting the votes* ...

Wonder how many 'votes' He gets? :confused:

;)

RICHARD
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
God is prolly the one *counting the votes* ...

Wonder how many 'votes' He gets? :confused:

;)

I know!

It's the number of angels on the head of a pin, the gascan man and two tire changers?:cool:

----------------------

To cast your vote text your driver's car number to 'STOCKCARJESUS'.
Text and local charges apply.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
guess my prayers got outnumbered because Wonder-boy just wrecked Colin Braun (who was leading) in the truck race. End of the line? What a crock!

Hmmmm.... maybe Stock Car Jesus doesn't watch over Truck races, since technically they're not cars. I think Kyle is in cahoots with Stock Car Satan anyway
[/RANT]

Cincy'sMom
05-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Dear Stock Car Jesus,

Please give each SHR driver a win this season.

Amen

Can I get an Amen? What a finish! Congrats Tony first Sprint Cup win as an owner! May not count in the points, but still worth a million bucks!!!

WHO-Hoo!!!!!!

anna_66
05-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Can I get an Amen?

AMEN!

I was on edge during that last 10 laps! It was AMAZING! GO TONY!!!:D

beeniesmom
05-17-2009, 09:02 AM
So glad Tony won! :)

RICHARD
05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Can I get an Amen? What a finish! Congrats Tony first Sprint Cup win as an owner! May not count in the points, but still worth a million bucks!!!

WHO-Hoo!!!!!!

Remember the power of Stock Car Prayer!

AMEN, Sister!

Void where prohibited.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Void where prohibited.actual mileage may vary.

Cincy'sMom
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
I was on edge during that last 10 laps! It was AMAZING! GO TONY!!!:D

Me too! OF course I was watching on tape delay, so it was like 1:30am, Ralph is asleep in the recliner and I'm pacing the living room, jumping around trying not to scream. The dogs are more sure I am nuts!!

Went to the ARCA race at Toledo today. Kenny Schrader had a great run, til he got together with James Lofton with 1 to go and blew a tire, setting up a green/white/checker. Paul Menard got together early with Patrick Sheltra. Took Sheltra's crew quite awhile to get the car back together. He came out, ran the rest of the race, and on the last lap, slwed to wait for Menard coming to the checkers....Menard came across the start finish line in 4th, but in reverse...Frank Kimmel, and several otehrs got caught up in the mess. A real bonehead move....but exciting as it always is on the short track. Oh yeah, Parker Klingerman, Penske's development driver won.

Moesha
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Amazing photos (http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19537796/detail.html) of the flooding at the track in Daytona.

anna_66
05-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Amazing photos (http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19537796/detail.html) of the flooding at the track in Daytona.

WOW:eek: That's crazy.

anna_66
05-25-2009, 08:25 AM
I was so looking forward to watching the race last night when I got home from the park.
Now I have to work all day:(
Hopefully I'll be able to catch a little on the tv at work.

Go Tony!

aTailOf2Kitties
05-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Finally!
Congrats to David Reutiman, one really lucky dog!

anna_66
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Congrats to Reutie Teutie!

RICHARD
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
How many of you were creeped out by Danic Patrick's dad looking at the photos of his daughter in a bikini?

"Doesn't my daughter look hot?" Freak.......:rolleyes:

---------------------

Wheldon and the Nat'l. Guard sponsorship?

Coucldn't they find a Murican?:eek::confused:

-----------------------

Target, 7/11 and McDonald's......

I thought I was watching TV when they ran down the drivers and the sponsors!:D

----------------

The Indy Sucked this year, big time.....boh-ring!

-------------

I just remembered...What did DP look like in HD?

Maybe she can get a sponsorship for some of that skin care stuff?

GILL
05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Richard I'm with you all the way. The best race of the day was the F1 in Monaco.
Indy was a joke, and NASCAR was rained out even on Monday, the race should be VOIDED
Robby Gordon should be banned from any races that are on pavement.
By the way GREAT JOB TONY for the win and letting the kid know what’s for, these kids still have to be taught that it’s a long race.
We also found oout that Preciouos likes F1.

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Richard I'm with you all the way. The best race of the day was the F1 in Monaco.

Robby Gordon should be banned from any races that are on pavement.

We also found oout that Preciouos likes F1.

Whenever I watch the Monaco race I always get the James Garner itch!:D

I have seen Gordon run the Off Road races and wonder how he ends up on four wheels during the NASCAR races.:eek:

Every body loves F1!!:cool:

RICHARD
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/motorsports/ci_12465391

I love NASCAR!

The current economic crunch has caused several race tracks across the country to come up with some novel promotional ideas, such as Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage selling $3 seats for his June 6 IRL race.

Auto Club Speedway in Fontana is no different. The track will offer "extra goodies" for those who participate in "$35 Ticket Tuesdays" through August in advance of the Oct. 11 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Pepsi 500.

Beginning June 2, those who purchase the $35 tickets in Fontana on Tuesdays between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. will also get:

As part of National Dairy Month in June, a coupon for ice cream at the race, one of the 10 in NASCAR's Chase;

In July, to celebrate National Cheesecake Day, a coupon for a dozen donuts, redeemable at any Southern California Krispy Kreme location;

For August, to commemorate National "Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch" Night on Aug. 8, some California-grown zucchini .......

aTailOf2Kitties
05-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I finally had someone to pull for in today's Nationwide race, since my boy BobbyJr was in the 81. Great run for him (15th) and a good race overall. I especially liked the part where Kyle didn't win!:cool:

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I finally had someone to pull for in today's Nationwide race, since my boy BobbyJr was in the 81. Great run for him (15th) and a good race overall. I especially liked the part where Kyle didn't win!:cool:

Run away, run away...;)

KB is a snot. Even if he came out and said, "Eff everyone, I lost.." I would have more respect for him. I don't get the prima donna attitude.:confused:

aTailOf2Kitties
05-30-2009, 07:05 PM
this day just keeps getting better. You-know-who just hit the wall in the truck race:D. Unfortunately so did Colin Braun:(. Will that kid ever catch a break? :confused:

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 11:59 PM
lol,

BEHAVE!;)

Oh, I went to the mailbox and guess who was on the cover of NASCAR Scene?

Dumbica Patrick.

Gads,
I wonder why they would even want her to race Stock Cars. Can you imagine the whining on the radios?

Cincy'sMom
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
What a finish! Wish Tony had held on, but it was a great race. And look who is leading the points!! (With his teammate in 5th!) :D:cool:

RICHARD
06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
That was a race!

:d

aTailOf2Kitties
06-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I especially liked the part where Kyle didn't win.... come to think of it, it's been quite awhile since I've enjoyed a whole weekend of racin':cool:

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Anyone see/hear the Interview that DP gave to Dan Patrick of ESPN?

Dan asked DP about steroids and if she used, won a race and didn't get caught, would she do it?

She said, "Yes". But, of course, she was joking and had to apologize!

--------------------

Look at who I found in my back yard!

He really does drink and drive.....
Separately, of course!:D

Moesha
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm so sad to be sitting here getting ready to watch the race on TV. Cincy'sMom was so thoughtful. She sent me her tickets to the race. I thought I'd be able to use them, but I couldn't find ANYONE to go with me! WAH!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the race tomorrow with the start of double file restarts!

RICHARD
06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Did anyone watch the IRL prerace program?

Shaq ONeal tried to change a tire on one of the cars. That dude made the tires look like bicycle tires.

He picked one up over his head with one hand and held it stright up.

That dude is a monster!

Moesha
06-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I personally found the smashing, or rather attempted smashing, of the trophy Gibson guitar to be very rude and classless. I'm not nearly as sad now that I wasn't at the race.

RICHARD
06-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I personally found the smashing, or rather attempted smashing, of the trophy Gibson guitar to be very rude and classless. I'm not nearly as sad now that I wasn't at the race.

I missed it. I was trying to juggle IRL, NHL, MLB, WCS and Campbell's alphabet soup. I turn the channel as soon as the checkers fly.

I am waiting for the day that KB passes up a "winning" interview.:eek:

-----------------------------
IRL?

The commercial with the guys dressed up in heels and skirts working on Dumbica Patrick's ride is really offensive to me. NO, not for men dressing up in women's clothing-It's the double standard.

If it was Tony Stewart, Helio or ???? that did a commerical where it was an all woman team pitting THEIR car, everyone and their mom would be screaming about sexism, portraying women in a subservient light and calling for apologies from everyone, top to bottom.

As it is, the other commercial, where she is signing men's 'cleavage' shows what a idiot she is and how she will do anything to promote herself instead of focusing on winning more than one race.

Tony or LOL, Kyle.....get some Hooter's chickie babes to pit your car in a commercial...show cleavage and the gals bending over and see how fast you get black flagged.....:eek:;)

Her other commercials/promotions?

If DP was my daughter I'd gently take her aside and tell her that she has no business running around half naked before she earned the right to do so.

NO, I could not drive an IRL car-God has other plans for me!

----------------------------

I just saw the commerical all the way thru, Check out the crotch shots on the pit crew.

:confused::rolleyes:

aTailOf2Kitties
06-07-2009, 09:58 AM
just watched the NW race. Yeah the guitar thing was kinda disrespectful. I don't care what it's shaped like, it's still a trophy. I mean, would you smash the Martinsville grandfather clock?:rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
just watched the NW race. Yeah the guitar thing was kinda disrespectful. I don't care what it's shaped like, it's still a trophy. I mean, would you smash the Martinsville grandfather clock?:rolleyes:

KB is not a rock star.

I would have expected that from some rapper at an awards show.

------------------

Why not start an new tradition?

Make a nice box for it and send it around like the Stanley Cup? It stays a few weeks at each member of the team's house?

I am going to put it to the band saw and sign if for the crew members.:rolleyes:

Auction it off, donate some dollars to charity and split the rest with the crew?

Put a premium on it, like 25,000 so no one gets ripped off.

--------------------------

Here's the deal,

At the end of one day in the not-to-distant-past, some poor idiot that works at Gibson put the finishing touches on that guitar.

He stopped, sat back for a second and called the rest of the shop over to check it out. They picked it up, made like they were rocking out, smiled, laughed, all while holding it up and looking at it from every angle-Just to make sure that it was a 'trophy' that could be admired by everyone who saw it and they would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with it.

THey packed that sucker up, slapped a few high fives and got ready to tune in on Saturday Night.

Sitting on the couch was this poor shmoe beaming with pride and saying, "Dude, I built...............WTF?"

-----------------------------

It showed disrespect and stupidity.

Had he said that he would cut it up, signed and given out the parts, I would have had more of a "Well, that was kinda cool...". Busting it up the way he did was not cool.

Moesha
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you see Sam Bass holding the trophy guitar before the race? In addition to the work that went into making the guitar, Sam does the artwork for each of them too. Classless indeed.

RICHARD
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Did you see Sam Bass holding the trophy guitar before the race? In addition to the work that went into making the guitar, Sam does the artwork for each of them too. Classless indeed.

DUDE!

http://sambass.com/Artwork.html

I didn't know who Sam Bass was! Thanks for the info!

---------------

KB obviously did not care, it showed in the pre race interview.:(

Cinder & Smoke
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
:eek:

Tony WHO ???

Wow!

Cincy'sMom
06-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Tony WHO ???

Wow!

:D:D:D

Happy day!

I really didn't like Kyle smashing the guitar. I really wanted to here that it was pre arranged and that was a replica....I guess after he talked to Sam Bass, he was okay with it, but still. It came off as disrespectful.

Sorry you weren't able to use the tickets Moe. I can understand not wanting to go alone...although I have before and it really isn't too bad.

Cinder & Smoke
06-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I really didn't like Kyle smashing the guitar.

I really wanted to hear that it was pre arranged and that was a replica....

:confused:

For those of us who didn't get to *see it* ...
Can someone PaLeeze 'splain the "smashing the guitar" tail??

I can piece together that the race trophy was a custom-built Sam Bass Guitar ...

so why or how did it get busted up by The Shrub?

:confused:

aTailOf2Kitties
06-07-2009, 08:47 PM
he swung it around and smashed it on the ground a couple times like a rock star.

Moesha
06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
He said he promised if he ever won at Nashville he'd give each member of the team part of the guitar trophy. He thought if he hit it on the ground it would smash in a ton of pieces that members of the team could have. It didn't work that way.

RICHARD
06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31147123/

The complete story.

---------------------

Just a little side note?

Tossed it aside?

Hmmm, that sounds like he really wanted to give everyone a piece.

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2009, 06:22 AM
[url]

Tossed it aside?

Hmmm, that sounds like he really wanted to give everyone a piece.

I think that was the part that bothered me more then the smashing. The way he tossed it to theside was so....I am not sure what the right word is.

RICHARD
06-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Brash?

I don't have any problems with celebrating a win-but that was over the top.

----------------------------------

I think that KB has watched too much wrestling.

I cheap wooden guitar would have flown into a jillion pieces. If you have seen/touched/played an electric guitar you would know it's a solid instrument.

Plus, if you swing it by the neck and try to break the body off, the strings make the heavy broken part a swinging, jagged piece of wood that flies around unpredictably.:rolleyes:

Just ask Peter Townshend of the WHO.;)

Cincy'sMom
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
MIS weekend coming up!!! Can't wait to spend some timein the Irish Hills!

Ralph is particupating in a charity fund raiser tomorrow, fishing with Ryan Newman and "other NASCAR drivers and personalities" No clue who else may be there but I'll be sitting ansty at work wondering what they are up to!

Saturday morning we are starting our day with a tour of the Garage area. It is right before Truck qualifying, and Sprint cup practice, so I expect to see a lot of tuning up going on on the cars. I did a similar tour last year, on Friday before practice and several of the drivers were wandering around, so I am looking forward to that.

We have pit passes for the weekend, and tickets to both the truck and Cup race. Can't wait!

RICHARD
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
http://article.wn.com/view/2009/06/10/Commentary_Back_off_Busch_the_guitar_antihero/

I don't get it......Some of the articles pubbed on Monday say that Bass wasn't ticked off about it......Now????

aTailOf2Kitties
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes! My boy Colin Braun's luck finally turned for the better! 6 truck back in Victory Lane! First win for him, 50th for Jack in the Truck series:D Now to watch Erik Darnell in the NW series. I know as a Mark Martin fan I'm not obligated to cheer for Roush anymore but Jack's got 2 young'uns in his stable now that show real potential:cool:

RICHARD
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes! My boy Colin Braun's luck finally turned for the better! 6 truck back in Victory Lane! First win for him, 50th for Jack in the Truck series:D Now to watch Erik Darnell in the NW series. I know as a Mark Martin fan I'm not obligated to cheer for Roush anymore but Jack's got 2 young'uns in his stable now that show real potential:cool:

You can cheer for anyone you want.

Very good race and KB was almost pleasant in the PR interview...Did I say that?:)

--------------------

I got my NASCAR Scene mag today and in it there was an article about Kyle "El Kabong" Busch and how Bass thought the guitar smash was OK.

Every article I have read has spun it a different way.:rolleyes:

Even the NASCAR officials were ambilvalent about it.....

KB, here is a little tip about smashing a guitar..

If you want your little pieces, don't slam it down on it's edge. Slam it flat with the strings facing the ground.

That will take the body off the neck and keep it from springing back to hit you in the face.

There were a few thousand race fans and guitar players that took their KB bobbleheads and smashed them on the ground.

The Les Paul probably showed more resilience.:D;)

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Very good race and KB was almost pleasant in the PR interview...Did I say that?:)

It was a great race! I am uploading pictures now. Will post a link soon.

Kyle was pleasant? Really? He sure wan't on his radio. We had the Sprint Fan View w/scanner and he was hot :mad: thee last 20 laps of the race. Called Norm Benning every name in the book...then calmed now about Norm, and admitted he "screwed" it up. But he was still cussing and swearing up a storm.

Can't wait to go back tomorrow!!!

RICHARD
06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
It was a great race! I am uploading pictures now. Will post a link soon.

Kyle was pleasant? Really? He sure wan't on his radio. We had the Sprint Fan View w/scanner and he was hot :mad: thee last 20 laps of the race. Called Norm Benning every name in the book...then calmed now about Norm, and admitted he "screwed" it up. But he was still cussing and swearing up a storm.

Can't wait to go back tomorrow!!!

He was......He even joked about the second place finishes.:confused:

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
He was......He even joked about the second place finishes.:confused:

Wow! That is good, I guess. Cause I I heard the "f "word on his radio more times today, then I've heard that word in my life I think. I guess that is just the way he talks...even from the drop of the green flag. His truck was good everyone was just in his bleeping way....all the way to the checkered when he told his crew they deserved it, he bleeped it up!

If I did it right, my pictures should be here: http://labsnspots.shutterfly.com/6618

aTailOf2Kitties
06-14-2009, 05:18 AM
I just saw on another board that Johnny Benson was seriously injured in a modified race last night:(
http://www.wzzm13.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=110304&catid=128
prayers for JB!:(

RICHARD
06-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I just saw on another board that Johnny Benson was seriously injured in a modified race last night:(
http://www.wzzm13.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=110304&catid=128
prayers for JB!:(

The reason I like JBJ is that he doesn't have the 'typical' race car driver dashing good looks....He reminds me of a school teacher!

Prayers for him.

RICHARD
06-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Thank you Stock Car Jesus.

Any way you can, baby!

RobiLee
06-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Boy did I come flying out of my seat....LOL

Love it!

Woo Hoo!! Mark Martin!:D

aTailOf2Kitties
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you Stock Car Jesus.AMEN to that, brother!:cool: And another thanks to SCJ for not letting Kyle win at all this weekend ;)

Cincy'sMom
06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I hope the TV coverage showed the great racing that was going on in the pack...most of the race was pretty boring, if you were watching Jimmie pull away, but, there was some great 3, 4 and 5 wide racing back in the pack.

I was pulling so hard for The Bif at the end...I think I was the only won in our sections of the stands go nuts becuase I was happy when Jimmie ran out of gas. Would have liked to see Greg pull it out, but good to see the Old Man win. Denny 3rd, Tony 7th...not too bad! Wish Ryan had a better day!

Cinder & Smoke
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Who'z that Olde Phart wiffa Checkered Flag??

Nice goin, Mark!!!

Moesha
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Hooray for a 16th place finish for Bill Elliott and the Wood Brothers!!!!

RICHARD
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I need help (as usual....) I need real NASCAR fans to help me.

Here's my malfunction!

MM get the win on the last lap.

He gets the 5 points for leading a lap, right? I guess he does get credit for leading the last lap? Even if it's not a whole lap?

LOL, I put way too much thought into stuff like this!

I went on the NASCAR website and could not find any info....I could look in the Monday sports section and they would give the break down of who lead what laps and when---like J. Gordon 1-25, H. Sandler 25-67....., but not anymore....

Does anyone know where I can find that info?

THanks!

Moesha
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes, the winner of the race gets 5 points for leading a lap, even if it is only the last lap. Lap leaders are only calculated at the start/finish line. So someone could pass the leader going into turn one and lose the lead coming out of turn four and not get credit for leading a lap. The leader of the lap is the driver leading at the start/finish line.

You can see who received 5 bonus points for leading a lap and who received 10 bonus points (5 for leading a lap and 5 more for leading the most laps) by going to NASCAR.com then go to the Standings tab and down to the Cup Results link.

Here it is for Michigan. (http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2009/15/data/results_official.html)

Edited to add that Paddocktalk.com has a NASCAR section. They will tell you the bonus points and also the number of laps led and the number of times the driver led. Here is the link for Michigan. (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=111930)

RICHARD
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Edited to add that Paddocktalk.com has a NASCAR section. They will tell you the bonus points and also the number of laps lead and the number of times the driver led. Here is the link for Michigan. (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=111930)

Check it out.....

Look closer......closer..........see it?

You rock! Thanks!

Cincy'sMom
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Pictures from Sunday are here:

www.labsnspots.shutterfly.com/6825

RICHARD
06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm a Highway Star....???:rolleyes:

ENOUGH ALREADY!
God, I hate it when TV shows take a song and run it into the ground. I loved it the first time I heard it, in it's new in-CAR-nation, now it's simply annoying!:rolleyes:

--------------------------

Marcos Ambrose does needs his own captioning scroll.:D

Cinder & Smoke
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM

HEY!

Who's that guy inna BIG CowBoy Hat wiffa BIG Feather?

CONGRATS & Welcome back to Victory Circle ...
Don't be such a stranger.

Did'ja notice, even ole Tony wasn't too upset to be Only #2 this time.

Moesha
06-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Dat was my boy!

I was driving back from Atlanta for the entire race. I started listening on lap 4 and kept finding new stations that carried it all the way home. Except until that final caution! So I missed the green, white, checker restart. Then it took me a couple more hours before I got home and could check the results online. YAY Kasey and RPM!

kokopup
06-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Way to go Kasey, you drove one fine race. Richard will be proud.:D:D
Me too.

RICHARD
06-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Who is gonna fess up for praying to SCJ this week!

I love road races but hate Sears Point.....I refuse to call it by the corporate name!;)

Too narrow for racing passes, but very good for smoke screens!:D

Cincy'sMom
06-21-2009, 11:20 PM
You can't be upset about the King returning to Victory Lane for the first time in 10 years. Good day for The Dinger and Idiot sadler too. If only Reed hadn't broken that sway bar...

Good runs for Tony and Denny too! Will watch the race in the morning, but it was exciting on the radio!

Moe...I can't believe you didn't pull over to listen to the end of the race! (I wound...and have!!)

aTailOf2Kitties
06-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Kongrats to Kasey! I quit watching with about 40 to go and was kinda bored after Mark's incident anyway.

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I quit watching with about 40 to go and was kinda bored after Mark's incident anyway.

You are a bigger person than I to admit to that!

That's what I do!:eek::(

Moesha
06-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Moe...I can't believe you didn't pull over to listen to the end of the race! (I wound...and have!!)

LOL since you brought it up...
I would have pulled over, but I when the caution came out, I was within a mile of my brother's house. I thought I could get it and watch the finish in HD. Of course, once I went down the hill to his house, I lost the AM signal on the radio. I was going to his house to check on his cats. I could only find one of the two of them. I did try to turn the TV on, but they had something else hooked up to it, so I couldn't view the satellite signal. I would have left, except I was searching everywhere for Linus. I never found him and was almost out of my mind with worry. They came home the next day and he had escaped by destroying the dryer vent. He is fine. But due to extenuating circumstances, I didn't get to listen to or watch the end of the race. I will be watching via TrackPass RaceView later this week while listening to Kasey's scanner. :D

RICHARD
06-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I didn't get to listen to or watch the end of the race. I will be watching via TrackPass RaceView later this week while listening to Kasey's scanner. :D

Scene:
Front room of house, cats lying around on furniture, asleep.

Sound effect of key in front door lock.

Woman bursts thru door, keys in hand, looking around wildy....

Cats wake up and scatter.

"Dang it.....WHERE'S the REMOTE?

NASCAR IS ON AND I LOST THE RADIO SIGNAL!!!"

Cut to shot of cats peering from behind furniture-

Bewildered cats hiding behind the couch, watching the NASCAR fan.

Fan picks up every remote on the coffee table before realizing that a sibling with common sense would have left a note explaining how to get the races on the satellite.

Linus, sensing the NASCAR fan is not paying attention, makes his escape via the lint filter....

Cinder & Smoke
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM
OH My!! :p
Shade of adventures past at Unka Pat's Howze!

Scene:
Front room of house, cats lying around on furniture, asleep.

Sound effect of key in front door lock.

Woman bursts thru door, keys in hand, looking around wildy....

Cats wake up and scatter.

"Dang it.....WHERE'S the REMOTE?

NASCAR IS ON AND I LOST THE RADIO SIGNAL!!!" ...

"BC, da Kat", ... sensing the NASCAR fan is not paying attention, makes his escape via the ... still open DOOR ...

OMG! Been there, dun that ... had the lead in the movie ...

Took TWO HOURS to find the darn KAT!

Never did get the sat box to bring in the Race.

:mad:

Moesha
06-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Were you watching from across the street??

RICHARD
06-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I know NASCAR fans.:D

aTailOf2Kitties
06-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Dear SCJ,
it's really really hot here in Memphis today (101 for a high, and we'll be tailgating). I got kinda ill just watching practice yesterday, and that was in the shade of the media suites and with a semi-frequent breeze. Keep everyone in the stands and the pits safe today since our seats for the race are not in the shade and since MMP got too cheap to rent the lights to have a night race anymore :rolleyes:

amen

Moesha
06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
The heat is one reason why I've never gone to a truck race in Nashville, despite having tickets for several years. Please be careful and drink plenty of fluids and wear lots of sunscreen! It doesn't look like people want to sit out in the heat for qualifying.

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
SCJ,

Thanks for listening!

101? Holy SPF 40!:eek:

I would have officially melted.

You are dyed-in-the-wool fans!:D

aTailOf2Kitties
06-27-2009, 08:38 PM
i watched about 6 trucks qualify and said "screw this!". I had already missed Colin Braun's run anyway. I couldn't find any place in the shade that I could see the track from so I just hung out in the bathroom soaking my t-shirt with water getting ready to go to the Fanwalk area. I kept pretty cool while doing that but still got a little sunburned (not bad). Hung out in the shade after that until race time. It wasn't too bad by the time we got to our seats. There was a steady breeze blowing and nobody was sitting in the row behind us so I just moved to that row so I wouldn't have to be squeezed between the rest of my party. I had a soft sided cooler filled with water and a towel soaking in it to put around my neck, so I stayed relatively comfy. MRN radio said it was 99 when they started broadcasting.

I'm uploading pics at the moment, I'll post a link when I'm done sorting through them.
edit: ....as soon as I can FIND them. I effin' hate Vista:mad:

aTailOf2Kitties
06-28-2009, 07:16 AM
pictures! Approximately 130. First 30 were from Friday, rest from Saturday.
Sorry 'bout the blurriness of driver intros- there were a couple wasps that insisted on buzzing around right where I was standing so I wasn't fully focused on focusing the camera. I'm not allergic or anything I just didn't want a wasp sting adding to my sunburn, LOL

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/trucks%2009/?start=all

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
You got some great pictures in Memphis!

Not quite the way I thought Joey would get his first win, but Congrats to the #20 team! Good call Zippy!

When it started raining and Joey was out front, I just kept hoping they would bring them in a park before he ran out of gas. From his in car, 1 more lap, and he would have been on pit road and Jeff would have won. Much happier to see JGR in Victory Lane!

anna_66
06-30-2009, 10:08 AM
A BIG congrats to the new #20...Joey Logano! Great strategy:D

RICHARD
07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Great race tonight.

The neighbors are wondering why I am yelling, "GET OUT OF THE CAR!" over and over again.:eek:

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Kyle,

KYle.........

KYLE!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Moesha
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM
That's what you are going to get with restrictor plates. It happened at Talladega with Carl. It is going to happen unless NASCAR does something to fix it. I hate Dega and Daytona races! H-A-T-E!

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 10:27 PM
That's what you are going to get with restrictor plates. It happened at Talladega with Carl. It is going to happen unless NASCAR does something to fix it. I hate Dega and Daytona races! H-A-T-E!

Didn't I tell you RP's are the work of the devil?

Cinder & Smoke
07-04-2009, 10:36 PM
wow!

First it was Fireworks in the windshield and NASCAR on the radio ...

Then the Finale with the fireworks ...

Followed by Fireworks on the radio with NASCAR! :eek:

RobiLee
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Nasty finish!

My son was at the race and was so disappointed that Martin crashed out that he left the race not long afterwards. Crazy kid!

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Nasty finish!

My son was at the race and was so disappointed that Martin crashed out that he left the race not long afterwards. Crazy kid!

Me too, I went outdoors, took a nap and watched the end.

aTailOf2Kitties
07-05-2009, 12:02 AM
yeah I schmoozed with the family a little while after Mark wrecked and watched the last 40 laps when I got home. I think I checked in about halfway just to see how Denny was doing and to see if Mark made it back out yet.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle.... I really don't like ya, but I still hope you're OK (even though you caused it)

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
It was a great race watching Tony, Denny and that other Gibbs driver dominate all night long! What a finish! I hate to see Kyle get jacked up that way, and take 3 hard hits, but was happy the #14 in Victory Lane!!!

Anna, how is Mark? Probabbly not showing Tony a lot of love today....

RICHARD
07-05-2009, 09:05 AM
SCJ?

Thanks for keeping everyone safe.

BUT? Picking on Kyle again.

My only thought as soon as the wreck was over and everyone was O.K.?

"No interview with Kyle tonight." I can understand his anger, but it shows he has a long way to go when it comes to accepting failure. He expects the adulation and people to follow his victories!

Even a few words to a reporter wouldn't be too much to ask for? On second thought - maybe it's for the best he doesn't speak. If he crushes guitars when he wins?:eek:

Moesha
07-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I was upset that they never told us anything about Kasey. He had Kyle land on top of him and then Jeff Burton slam into the driver's side. At least I had heard Kole, Kasey's cousin and spotter, tell Kenny Francis that Kasey had gotten out of the car. Then RPM Twittered that he was alright. TNT could have done a little better covering that aspect of the crash instead of all the replays saying how "amazing" it was.

RICHARD
07-05-2009, 09:27 AM
TNT could have done a little better covering that aspect of the crash instead of all the replays saying how "amazing" it was.

Agreed!

I just looked at the finish again.

KB ran up the track and into TS.

That's racing.:eek:

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I was upset that they never told us anything about Kasey. He had Kyle land on top of him and then Jeff Burton slam into the driver's side. At least I had heard Kole, Kasey's cousin and spotter, tell Kenny Francis that Kasey had gotten out of the car. Then RPM Twittered that he was alright. TNT could have done a little better covering that aspect of the crash instead of all the replays saying how "amazing" it was.

I agree with that. They didn't mention Kasey, Jeff, Joey, or anyone else that was involved in the wreck. Yes, Kyle's part was most the "spectacular" part, but there was a lot of guys wrecking behind himand taking hard hits. It was twitter for me too, to find out if everyone came out okay.

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 08:41 PM
SCJ,

With 131 laps to go.................Please don't change the scorecard.

AMEN!:D

Moesha
07-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I beg to differ.

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 10:19 PM
5.:d

Moesha
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm glad you are happy, but I REALLY do not like him at all!

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm glad you are happy, but I REALLY do not like him at all!

Hey,

Stock Car Jesus loves everyone! Even old men who need glasses to read the tiny writing on on labels!

aTailOf2Kitties
07-12-2009, 04:08 AM
wow, a double blessing:
1.Mark dominated and won
2.Kyle didn't win (or even come close!)

thanks, Stock Car Jesus!:cool:

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
wow, a double blessing:
1.Mark dominated and won
2.Kyle didn't win (or even come close!)

thanks, Stock Car Jesus!:cool:

I was watching the race on Friday night and missed the end.

I heard that KB wasn't friendly, again!:eek:

aTailOf2Kitties
07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
he wasn't gushing with joy Friday night, but he wasn't particularly rude either. Obviously a little frustrated but not overboard or whiny.

anna_66
07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
It was a great race watching Tony, Denny and that other Gibbs driver dominate all night long! What a finish! I hate to see Kyle get jacked up that way, and take 3 hard hits, but was happy the #14 in Victory Lane!!!

Anna, how is Mark? Probabbly not showing Tony a lot of love today....
Your right Amy, he really wasn't a big Tony fan that night or really any night any more:rolleyes:

Even though Mark won last night (we were really rooting Denny on and he almost did it), I am happy about the top 5.
Kasey third, Tony fouth and Denny 5th...not a bad night at all:D

Cincy'sMom
07-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Your right Amy, he really wasn't a big Tony fan that night or really any night any more:rolleyes:

Even though Mark won last night (we were really rooting Denny on and he almost did it), I am happy about the top 5.
Kasey third, Tony fouth and Denny 5th...not a bad night at all:D

I thought you said Mark awsn't a big Tony fan anymore...figured that sealed the deal :)

It was good race. I dind't watch it until yesrterday (and managed to avoid finding out the outcome until I did watch it!). It was a good night, but you fogot Ryan #6 on your list! Good to see him back in the Top 10 where he belongs.

I didn't like seeing the Bif fall out of the Top 12 though. Still 7 races to go. Who will make the chase?

RICHARD
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9826568

Let's hear it for EXPERIENCED DRIVERS!!!!

RICHARD
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9826568/81-year-old-completes-NASCAR-West-series-race

I love it!!!!!

RICHARD
07-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Now, where do I find today's race?

ABC? NO....

TNT? NO....

FOX? NO....

ESPN2? NOPE!

ESPN? I guess. Like WTF is that all about?I just want to watch the racing!

Today especially! Mark on the pole!

----------------
SCJ,

At the risk of ticking everyone off...........ONE MORE TIME!!!

;)

Don't worry, Stock Car Jesus will have to split time between Football and Racing in a few weeks.

Get your prayers in before he gets too busy!:D

aTailOf2Kitties
07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Mark's on the pole again.
Hope he follows it up with a win.
5 wins for the 5
would keep hope alive
he'll finish '09 in top 10

(yeah yeah I know it's top 12 now.... whatever:rolleyes:)

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Now, where do I find today's race?

ESPN? I guess.
Like WTF is that all about?
I just want to watch the racing!

Dear Stock Car Jesus ~

Pleeze tell Mr. NASCAR to Wize UP and get his races back on BROADCAST TV ...
we don't all have cable/sat/pay TV! :mad:
Remind him I could learn to like Formula 1 or those CRAZIES on the 2-Wheelers.

/s/ I can't see da Race :(

aTailOf2Kitties
07-26-2009, 02:41 PM
nascar.com has a live leaderboard on their homepage, if that helps. Or you can find your local MRN broadcast on the radio. They do a darn good job calling the races.