PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas?

JenBKR
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
OK, I just have to ask, is anyone here truly offended when someone tells them Merry Christmas? I did some shopping today and I was talking to a mall employee who said that a list went around the mall of which stores are not allowed to tell customers Merry Christmas. I'm astonished....I have never heard of anyone actually being offended by it. I know plenty of people who are not christian, or no religion at all, not religious, etc. who have no problem with christmas. When did Christmas become offensive? :confused:

Freedom
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I am not offended, but then, I am Christian.

I know that has been the "rule" in the work place for a couple of years, now.

Puckstop31
12-12-2008, 02:52 PM
It is absurd... But then again, anything "PC" is.

I was at a new client yesterday. The owners are VERY devout Muslims from Palestine. As I left, they wished me a Merry Christmas. :) I then said I hope they had a fulfilling Ramadan. :)

Nomilynn
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
That is just dumb. If I wished someone a "Merry Christmas" and in return they wished me a "Happy Ramadan" or "Eid" or "Hannukuh" (I'm sorry I'm sure I've spelled these things wrong) then I would be just as honoured if they had said Merry Christmas back.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-12-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm not offened by being wished Merry Christmas but I am offended by places who won't allow it. I won't shop at any store that won't let their people wish someone Merry Christmas.

I am so sick of all this PC crap. I have no problem with wishing people of other faiths Happy .... what ever there religions holiday is but want the same courtesy for my religion... Christianity. :love:

Jen, it's not Christmas that's offensive to some, it's the CHRIST in it.

Daisy and Delilah
12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm not offened by being wished Merry Christmas but I am offended by places who won't allow it. I won't shop at any store that won't let their people wish someone Merry Christmas.

I am so sick of all this PC crap. I have no problem with wishing people of other faiths Happy .... what ever there religions holiday is but want the same courtesy for my religion... Christianity. :love:

Jen, it's not Christmas that's offensive to some, it's the CHRIST in it.

This country has become a huge society of whiners and complainers. I too am so sick of all things PC!!

I wish people could get thicker skinned and stop letting everything bother them. It's gotten to the point of being absolutely ridiculous. What kind of a lesson is this for our children? Are we raising generations of spineless, snotty nosed babies?:(

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Heres my take on the whole thing.
IF YOU DON'T care for Merry Christmas and the whole deal-Work on the 25th and do not take any holiday pay or time off for the time being.

I am really tired of all the AHs that really do not care for the spirit of the season, but seem to want to have the time off to spend with their families.

JC, don't wreck it for me and everyone else.

Buck up and be grown up for kee-rist's sake.

I can't help it if you are a sorry AH.

Happy Kwanzaa, Eid, Christmas and all the rest.
MORONS!

blue
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
And XMass started with the Greek alphabet.

Catty1
12-12-2008, 09:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/cleoboa/occasions/hppyevrythng1.jpg

....but where's Chanukah? ;)

Alysser
12-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Someone will always find something offending. The stores are just afraid of losing customers. :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
12-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I think it's absurd.

I'm offended if someone calls me a nasty name and tells me they hope I get run over by a bus.

I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion.

Laura's Babies
12-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion

THANK YOU! That hits the nail right on the head! Whatever you call it, when someone wishes you a Merry Christmas, this is exactly what they are saying, just using different words. They are just wishing you joy and happiness on Dec. 25th.

The world has just gotten TO silly and there are bigger issues that should be addressed rather that what to say to someone in December...

My buddie Mike is Jewish. They do not celebrate Christmas and he made that clear to me... in turn, I made it clear to him that I DO and his fur kids WILL get gifts from my fur kids. He does NOT have to accept them as Christmas gifts but just as "gifts from the heart".. He did and my fur babies also got "gifts from the heart" from his. I always felt blessed whenever he wished me whatever Jewish holiday they celebrated.

beeniesmom
12-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I think it's absurd.

I'm offended if someone calls me a nasty name and tells me they hope I get run over by a bus.

I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion.

Amen!

DJFyrewolf36
12-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I think it's absurd.

Quoting for lack of a way to say it better!!! When did wishing people happiness become a bad thing? Sometimes the world makes my brain hurt.

Bengalz
12-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Too right! Do we live in a world that has forgotten the meaning of "respect"?

JenBKR
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I think it's absurd.

I love this - and I totally agree. I just don't get it. If you don't want to wish someone a Merry Christmas, that's fine, but to take offense? Come on now! I also agree with those of you who said that the whole PC thing has gotten out of control - now we have to be afraid to say anything, or we'll offend someone!

luv my cats
12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
I will say it over and over again MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS. I never say Have A Happy Holiday Or Seasons Greetings or Merry Xmas! URG.. that tics me off :mad: When I buy Christmas cards I only buy ones that say Merry Christmas.

Jesus is what Christmas is about.

Sorry, I had to vent:)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

lvpets2002
12-17-2008, 03:29 PM
:eek: What next.. Remember a year or so ago when they told all the Santas that they could not say HoHoHo due to it offended the prostitutes.. :o Its all a bunch of crap to me.. If you dont like hearing Merry Christmas Merry Christmas then close your freaking ears & eyes as well.. People seem to forget really the meaning of Christmas & who really brought us into this World.. Now I will get off of my soap box..

shepgirl
12-17-2008, 08:20 PM
I won't ever stop saying MERRY CHRISTMAS - it's our tradition and I feel sorry for anyone whose lives are so boring that they have to complain about this. Christian or not, Christmas is just that, no matter how somebody wants to twist it around.