PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Nothings

slick
12-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Do you ever whisper sweet nothings in your cat's ears????

I do it every night. When I come home from work, feed Max, change clothes and get on the computer, Max comes up on the keyboard tray for our nightly hugs. While I have both arms wrapped around him, I whisper in his ear....sweet nothings, of course and I kiss him constantly on the forehead. I tell him about my day, about what I'm doing tomorrow, I ask him what he did today, tell him how much I love him, how I'll be there until the end along with anything else on my mind. All the while, he's purring up a storm.

How about you?

Randi
12-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Slick, I love the order you're doing things - feeding Max before anything else. :) And the other things you describe, fits exactly on Fister and me. We also read in bed in every night, and he will be in front of me, before I even get the book open. He loves to be kissed on his forehead, and he will give me kisses too. :p After about 10 min. he will turn on his side and cuddle up against me - there is nothing better! :love:

Give Max some kisses from me - and hugs to you!

Laura's Babies
12-12-2008, 07:29 AM
OH YES! That is all part of loving them so much, to whisper sweet nothings to them..

I tells Samantha what a beautiful little girl she is, inside and out, that her heart is the most beautiful one I have ever seen in a cat and how glad I am that she and I finally belong to one another.

I tell Boo how HAPPY I am that she is finally happy and how beautiful I think she is with all the thick soft fur. I tell he Mama is smiling down on her, so pleased that she is so happy now.

I tell Amy, she is my heart, that she is just so sweet and I love that dark spot on her chin and want to kiss it. I tell her I am so glad God sent her to me..

Giz, I tell her she is the most beautiful girl in the world! I ask her since when has she become a lap girl and become so clingly? I then tell her, I don't know but I am just GLAD she is... (This is when I am not yelling at her to get out of something or leave something alone! :rolleyes:) She is still such a hoot!

kuhio98
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I whisper to Halo - Thank you for helping heal my broken heart. :love:

I whisper to Willy trying to build his confidence. I tell him he's a big boy and to not get his feelings hurt when his sisters hiss at him. :love:

catwhispers
12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I so relate to the affection routines you all have, and how wonderful they feel and how much fun they are.

There's a different little routine I have with each of my babies that they love and I love doing.

Deja Vu --
I will start to scratch her back starting at her tail and up to her neck and sing, to the tune of "I Feel Pretty," "It's the cutie, Deja Booty, it's the cutie Deja Booty Patootie, It's the cutie, it's the cutie Deja Booty Patootie. See that pretty kitten in the mirror there, who can that attractive kitten be ...." and on with more silliness I won't torture you with, scratching her until the end of the song. She loves it and has that ecstacy look you all know well."

Little Big Man (who goes around the house trying to cover everything he can, even my dinner while I'm eating) --
When he lays next to me I'll start to pet him and say to him, "Hey handsome, Mr. Handsom, you are so very handsome, yes you is! You are the man of the house. You take care of all the wimmenfolk. You cover everything to protect us from the predators, and you does a very good job, cause I don't see no stinkiin' predators. Yes you does. You is a very good man of the house, and we is very lucky and proud to have you, yes we is." At which point he lifts his head up and smiles (he is one of those cats that does smile) and I say, "you is smiling. You is my smiley kitten, yes you is. Look at you, you is so proud of yourself! You should be!" He smiles even more. I swear, it seems like he really knows what I'm saying.

Rockybeans --
Strange, as always. I discovered she loved this one day when I was rough-housing with her a bit. She responded to it immediately and will actually come over and stick her butt in my face waiting for me to do this. I say, "This is the cutest tushie in the world. I'm gonna bite this little tushie. I'm gonna bite it off and have it with fava beans and a nice chianti." Then I have to nuzzle my face near her tail and do the slurpy thing that Hannibal Lecter does in "Silence of the Lambs." She loves it so much that if I do it to her belly when she lays on her back, it will actually put her to sleep. It just figures that the thing this cat would love the most would be a reference to a maniacal serial killer. Makes sense -- check out my avatar, you'll see why. That's my Rockybeans. Gotta love her. LOL

Snowflake --
She's my foster and hasn't gotten to the point of letting me phyically interact with her yet, so her "thing" hasn't evolved yet, but we're working on it.

gini
12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I whisper sweet nothings into the ears of all three of my kitties. Rascal is always the one to respond the best by purring up a storm.

My neighbor has a Golden Retreiver named Rusty. He is magnificent and has huge ears. Every time I am at her home I whisper things into his ear and I get a huge wet kiss as thanks. I asked her if she ever whispered into his ears and she seemed surprised. She said no, but she thought that she should.

lvpets2002
12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
:love: Yes Yes for sure.. Now all my babies dont like for me to do that.. But my Calitt & Taccoa just Loves for me to whisper sweet loving thinks in their ears..

orangemm
12-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh thank God I'm not the only one who does things like this! I sing songs to my guys, talk baby talk to them, hug and kiss them, rub them all over, and call them lovey names.

When I come home from work I feed them immediately, sometimes even before I take off my coat. Hey, it makes them happy! And when they're happy, they purr, which makes me happy.:):love::love:

Barbara
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Sure I do that.
And they seem to love it- I suppose they like my voice MUCH more when I'm whispering :)

Nomilynn
12-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I always sing to my cats.. whatever song happens to be in my head, will come out as a song about Tilly and Nutmeg. I change the words to encorporate them somehow. Nutmeg loves it when I sing, and follows me around and purrs :D :love:

Bengalz
12-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Evie and I share whispers all the time .... I tell her how wonderful and special she is and how she makes my life complete ... she returns the affection with sweet purrs and warm cuddles :love: