PDA

View Full Version : Humans' Breath

koxka
09-16-2002, 04:21 PM
I found out it from "News of the Weird":

Researchers at England's Cambridge University, and others in Tallahassee,Fla., and Cleveland, are training dogs to screen patients for prostate and lung cancers by detecting distinct smells of tumors in patients' breath. One researcher reported a success rate of 87 percent, which rivals that of some expensive technology. (The genesis of the research was a 1989 journal article reporting that a border collie attacked a woman's mole that turned out to be a malignant melanoma and ignored her after the mole was removed.) [ABC
News, 6-11-02]

I thought it was quite interesting and want to share. It seems that interaction between Dogs-Humans have found a new way.

Koxa's Human

PS: Maybe I should post it at "Dog Health" :D

Uabassoon
09-16-2002, 04:43 PM
I saw something like that on Breed All About It (the animal planet show). I think it was that big schnauzer (the giant maybe) but I'm not sure. I wish I could remember what dog it was they were using, but they were sniffing people's body trying to find tumors.

Rachel
09-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Hannah insists on smelling my breath, but I think it is to check out what I have had to eat and she didn't get any of.

koxka
09-17-2002, 08:44 PM
:p :p :p :p LOL

lovemymaltese
09-18-2002, 11:39 AM
That is a weird fact, never heard of it before now.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hannah insists on smelling my breath, but I think it is to check out what I have had to eat and she didn't get any of.

Drake does the same, Rachel!!

I saw something on the Animal Planet about dogs detecting different kinds of cancer! Our canine companions never sieze to amaze me!