PDA

View Full Version : Caylee Anthony's body found :(

Pam
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
It hasn't been completely confirmed but the body of a young child was found less than a 1/2 mile from her grandparents' home in Florida. :(:(:(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,465424,00.html

lvpets2002
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
:mad: This just angers me to no end the way that mother has acted thru this whole sistuation.. She knows what happened to her little girl.. She has drugg all of this out too long.. I hope she gets whats is coming to her.. Just look at how much money she has costed the tax payers also..:mad: And too have to think what all that poor baby girl had to go thru before her death.. Grrrr

Twisterdog
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
The article says the mother could get life in prison. Excuse me? Life in prison, for murdering your own two year child, then throwing her body in the woods in a garbage bag?

I say let the punishment fit the crime. That monster ought to die the same way her innocent baby did, IMO.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Even though there are no other children missing from that area, they can't say yet that it's her. They have the Anthony house taped off and are getting a search warrent to go back in. Sure sounds like they think they have found her. :(

lvpets2002
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
:( It just makes me sad & sick to my stomack that this more baby girl didnt even have a life.. Oh & to think that she had to suffer before her death.. Oh it just makes me want to puckk in that mothers face.. GGrrrr:mad:
Even though there are no other children missing from that area, they can't say yet that it's her. They have the Anthony house taped off and are getting a search warrent to go back in. Sure sounds like they think they have found her. :(

lizbud
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
They don't know for sure it's the missing Caylee. It does look like it
might be true.:( I just can't understand the actions of the mother in
all of this.:confused: It's like she has no feelings for her own child.:(

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2008, 05:50 PM
I just can't understand the actions of the mother in
all of this.:confused: It's like she has no feelings for her own child.:(

They said she tried to give her up for adoption a long time ago but her mom made her keep her. :(

Daisy and Delilah
12-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Living in Florida, and near Orlando, all we've heard about is this case for months. It has been on the news around the clock. The coverage it's received here is unreal. I think all of us feel like we're personally connected to the loss of this poor innocent child. I will be so glad when justice is finally served. :(:(:(

Laura's Babies
12-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Not that I am hoping it is her and that she is dead.... but lets hope someone gets closeure with who ever this child is.

elizabethann
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I remember being in Orlando when this all happened. Then coming back to NH to continue to hear updates. This whole case saddens me. I will be very curious to hear whether it is the little girl's body or not. I just don't know what to make of the Mom.

Medusa
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't know; maybe I'm growing too suspicious in my old age but this entire case doesn't sit right w/me, not just the so-called mother and her behavior but even the person who discovered the trash bag w/the skull and bones in it. Whenever I hike in the woods, which isn't that often any more, if I'd come across a trash bag, there's no way I'd ever look inside it. I've seen large trash bags that were discarded and I figured people just were irresponsible and threw their trash away rather than look for a receptacle. I'm thinking something is up here. I mean, who does that? Who looks inside trash bags found in the woods???

pomtzu
12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I heard that he kicked at the bag and the skull rolled out.
And as for the mother - she's a bleepin nut case IMO! I don't know how her parents can stand by her - when her own mother originally said there was the smell of a dead body in the car - then changed her story and said it was pizza left in the hot FL sun. Gimme a break!!! I'll be darned if I would stand up for anyone - even my own kid - if I knew in my heart that they had harmed my grandchild - or anyone for that matter!

lizbud
12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't know; maybe I'm growing too suspicious in my old age but this entire case doesn't sit right w/me, not just the so-called mother and her behavior but even the person who discovered the trash bag w/the skull and bones in it. Whenever I hike in the woods, which isn't that often any more, if I'd come across a trash bag, there's no way I'd ever look inside it. I've seen large trash bags that were discarded and I figured people just were irresponsible and threw their trash away rather than look for a receptacle. I'm thinking something is up here. I mean, who does that? Who looks inside trash bags found in the woods???

The guy who found the remains was a meter reader & he was working
in the area. He was probably bored with his job, if he was a city employee.

They should finally know for sure it's Caylee by next weekend. Poor baby
whoever it turns out to be.:(:(

moosmom
12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
They did a segment on Dr. Phil this morning about the case. They showed her talking to her parents. Dr. Phil had a body language expert and when Phil asked her if she thought the mother was guilty, she said, "Oh, I don't THINK."

Sounds like another Susan Smith to me. That poor little girl.

Marigold2
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
That poor little girl. :eek::eek: These young woman are too young (Susan Smith) uneducated to understand what it means to be a mother. For every child that dies how many are abused for years or negelected and not given the proper care food, love, education, a warm lap, a bedtime story. We need to educate young woman and make them understand that being a mom is not a goal for someone who cannot take care of themselves let alone a child.

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM
The guy who found the remains was a meter reader & he was working
in the area. He was probably bored with his job, if he was a city employee.

They should finally know for sure it's Caylee by next weekend. Poor baby
whoever it turns out to be.:(:(

City emps find ways to do their jobs quickly.

If they have a route they will find shortcuts to get their houses read.
The area where they found the body was underwater for the last few months.
He probably walked thru trying to get around and kicked the bag inadvertantly.

--------

I too have problems with the whole story, especially with the coverage-NANCY NOGRACE. I used to admire her for being tenacious, now she's just a media effing ho that fixates on a story and won't leg go.

MORON.

sparks19
12-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Well... I'm willing to bet that if the bag wasn't REALLY securely tightened and hadn't been weathered that there would be a distinctive smell.

not to compare to a poopy diaper but I know that Hannahs diaper genie no matter how secure lets off some stank when diapers sit in there for a while before the bag is changed.

It's not like potpourri... if there was any way for the smell of a dead body to leak out I bet the meter man NOTICED it. it's not something easily hidden

Medusa
12-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Well... I'm willing to bet that if the bag wasn't REALLY securely tightened and hadn't been weathered that there would be a distinctive smell.

not to compare to a poopy diaper but I know that Hannahs diaper genie no matter how secure lets off some stank when diapers sit in there for a while before the bag is changed.

It's not like potpourri... if there was any way for the smell of a dead body to leak out I bet the meter man NOTICED it. it's not something easily hidden

Was it really a body that was inside the bag, though? It's my understanding that it was just bones. I could be wrong about that but this whole case smells bad to me, not just Casey's part in it, all of it.

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Was it really a body that was inside the bag, though? It's my understanding that it was just bones. I could be wrong about that but this whole case smells bad to me, not just Casey's part in it, all of it.

Just bones. They said the area had been underwater since June due to all the rain, and now that the area has dried out, the bones surfaced.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Just bones. They said the area had been underwater since June due to all the rain, and now that the area has dried out, the bones surfaced.

So then there wouldn't have been any bad smell, or would there? I don't know. I'm asking.

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 07:16 AM
So then there wouldn't have been any bad smell, or would there? I don't know. I'm asking.

I doubt it, since there was nothing left but bones. The bad smell that they have been referring to was coming from the trunk of her car when they found it, and cadaver dogs verified a dead body had been in there. In the trunk, they also detected chloroform. The utility worker that found the bag with the skull in it had gone into the woods to relieve himself and had just kicked at the bag - that's when the skull rolled out. They found other bones in the area - not in the bag. Don't know if that means she had been decapitated, or just if animals had gotten to it. The whole thing is very upsetting!

Medusa
12-19-2008, 07:23 AM
I doubt it, since there was nothing left but bones. The bad smell that they have been referring to was coming from the trunk of her car when they found it, and cadaver dogs verified a dead body had been in there. In the trunk, they also detected chloroform. The utility worker that found the bag with the skull in it had gone into the woods to relieve himself and had just kicked at the bag - that's when the skull rolled out. They found other bones in the area - not in the bag. Don't know if that means she had been decapitated, or just if animals had gotten to it. The whole thing is very upsetting!

Yes, I knew all of that. :) So either he kicked that bag awfully hard in order for the skull to come rolling out or something else is going on here. Maybe not, maybe it's just my suspicious nature, as I said, but I just have a feeling that there's more to this "discovery" than we're being told at present. Whatever the case, that beautiful child came to a heartless end. So tragic.

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, I knew all of that. :) So either he kicked that bag awfully hard in order for the skull to come rolling out or something else is going on here. Maybe not, maybe it's just my suspicious nature, as I said, but I just have a feeling that there's more to this "discovery" than we're being told at present. Whatever the case, that beautiful child came to a heartless end. So tragic.

I don't know if there is anyone else involved other than the mother, but I hope she fries for this. If the bones are indeed that of the little girl (tho not much doubt there), I certainly hope that the mother doesn't get off with an insanity plea.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I don't know if there is anyone else involved other than the mother, but I hope she fries for this. If the bones are indeed that of the little girl (tho not much doubt there), I certainly hope that the mother doesn't get off with an insanity plea.

I don't know, she's young, she's pretty, it could happen. Yes, none of that should matter but c'mon. Look at OJ and his murder trial. There was so much evidence pointing to his guilt and he still walked. Yes, he's in prison now but he walked free for 13 years; it was his ego that landed him in trouble this time. I'm w/you, I hope she doesn't get away w/it but it could happen. However, her lawyer doesn't seem to be the best, so that may work against her.

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
I have a suspicious nature too (I think it comes with age)!!! :( But somehow I think the mother is the only one involved. I had Susan Smith pegged from the start - and as far as I'm concerned - she got off too easy - she got to live! How anyone could do what those two young mothers did to their children I'll never know.......:confused:

Medusa
12-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I had Susan Smith pegged from the start

Yep, so did I. It's when attorneys and psychologists, etc. get in the mix that things go awry.

Daisy and Delilah
12-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I guess everyone has heard of the new evidence in this case. The news that the meter reader supposedly called in with a tip about the bag , prior to finding it, and the tips were never investigated. Geraldo Rivera was on FOX this morning talking about how the Orange County deputies have botched the investigation.

As I said before, we hear about this case all the time. We have updates every hour, sometimes more often than that. Almost every day.

I agree with you , Mary. This case gets more and more confusing every minute. There are some huge holes in the story. There's alot more to it than we're hearing.

I have always thought it was more than a coincidence that this meter reader "just happened" to walk up on a bag of bones. He "just happened" to kick a black bag? We haven't heard the real story yet.

I shudder to think that the real killer may get off on a technicality caused by bad police work. Who knows?:confused: It's all very very strange.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 12:38 PM
We keep hearing about botched investigations quite often now. You would think that since the OJ case they'd be more careful than ever. I just got home and turned on the news and they mentioned the meter reader calling three times back in August but he still isn't a suspect. Ok, maybe he isn't a suspect but it appears that he knows something. It'll be interesting to see what develops but it won't make Caylee any less dead.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-19-2008, 01:26 PM
They just had a press conference and it is Caylee for sure. They gave the cause of death as homicide by undetermined means. In other words, the know she was murdered but not how. :(

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
They just had a press conference and it is Caylee for sure. They gave the cause of death as homicide by undetermined means. In other words, the know she was murdered but not how. :(

I'm saddened and angry, but not at all surprised! :mad: I hate to even think of what that beautiful little girl must have endured in the moments before her death. At least now, she can be layed to rest. Hopefully, whoever did this to her, will never have another moment of peace or rest for as long as they live and breathe.

ramanth
12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
News link confirming that it's Caylee. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_on_re_us/missing_florida_girl

sparks19
12-19-2008, 02:03 PM
God this is just so sad :(

that poor little girl.

I hope they prove without a shadow of a doubt who did this and NAIL them to the wall

Daisy and Delilah
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Rest In Peace Beautiful Little Caylee :( :( :(

All of us in Florida have to be in tears right now. We've really taken Caylee on as part of our own families. I was not surprised to hear this news but the sadness is overwhelming. Sheriff Kevin Beary said it right when he spoke of the community all being a part of it(I'm not sure what news everyone else sees).

This poor little girl lost her life senselessly. It's so heartbreaking. Like others have said, I can only hope and pray that the person that did this is prosecuted to the fullest. :(

RICHARD
12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Here's a tidbit from last night's news.

The MR who found the body had called the cops three times before - always to the exact place where the body was found.

Twice the cops came and found nothing.

Hmmm, If they could not find the body then, how do they keep from soiling themselves when they go to the bathroom?

lvpets2002
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
:(:( UpDate they have said the body found in the garbage bag is of the little girl Caylee Anthony.. But they will not reveal how the little girl died.. Poor Sweet Wittle One RIP Caylee.. May you be in Heaven & out of arms way & with no pain..

Moesha
12-19-2008, 03:47 PM
The thing that struck me oddly was on the 911 call that the meter reader gave the location as in the Caylee Anthony neighborhood. Of course, I'm sure that is all the talk in that area, and it could have been why he referred to it like that.

lizbud
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
That poor little girl.:( So very sad.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 04:34 PM
She's at peace now but I can torment myself if I allow my thoughts to drift to the day she died. How terrified she must have been and if she cried out for her mommy, imagine her sense of betrayal if she died at her mother's hand. It's just too awful to contemplate.

Pam
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I too have problems with the whole story, especially with the coverage-NANCY NOGRACE. I used to admire her for being tenacious, now she's just a media effing ho that fixates on a story and won't leg go.

MORON.

Richard you express my hubby's thoughts about her perfectly. He used to think she was attractive until he saw her "rabid" side! It took the bloom right off the rose! :p I honestly don't know what to think. Last night Mark Geragos was on Larry King and he expressed concern about the meter reader but then again he is the bozo that tried to defend Scott Peterson.

pomtzu
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
The thing that struck me oddly was on the 911 call that the meter reader gave the location as in the Caylee Anthony neighborhood. Of course, I'm sure that is all the talk in that area, and it could have been why he referred to it like that.

I thought that strange also.

Desert Arabian
12-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I've heard/seen Caylee's mother and grandparents all over the news reguarding her disapperance - and the grandparents put in effort to search - but I haven't heard anything about the father. Who is the father? Did he help search for Caylee? What does he have to say about any of this? :confused::confused: (Maybe I just missed him on the news?)

Catty1
12-19-2008, 08:07 PM
In the link posted here I read that the autopsy didn't show a cause of death...none of the bones showed trauma. It looks like she wasn't beaten...

The stories about chloroform and 'neck break'....was she knocked out and then killed? If it WAS her mom, was this a warped way of thinking that it wouldn't "hurt" Caylee to do it this way?

Prayers that the truth comes out.

Pam
12-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Who is the father? Did he help search for Caylee? What does he have to say about any of this? :confused::confused: (Maybe I just missed him on the news?)

I believe I heard that Caylee's father is deceased.

Medusa
12-19-2008, 08:11 PM
In the link posted here I read that the autopsy didn't show a cause of death...none of the bones showed trauma. It looks like she wasn't beaten...

The stories about chloroform and 'neck break'....was she knocked out and then killed? If it WAS her mom, was this a warped way of thinking that it wouldn't "hurt" Caylee to do it this way?

Prayers that the truth comes out.

They had been speculating that Casey may have chloroformed Caylee to put her to sleep so that she could party but that she may have administered too much and thus killed her. I don't know why she would've needed to put tape on her mouth, though, if that was her intention. I doubt that we'll ever know the truth. She won't sing; her attorney will probably see to that.

Catty1
12-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I just looked at several search results for Caylee Anthony's father on Google News, and what I found seems to be summed up in this post from Yahoo Answers:

Casey has changed her story in regard to the father a couple of times.
Her claim was that he died driving to Caylee's 2nd birthday party, but then it was discovered that the man she claimed was the father had died, but it was several months before Caylee's 2nd bday.
I am willing to bet that Casey may not even know who the father was. She seems to sleep around a lot.
Even her parents do not have that info, she never told them.

I also heard she let her ex Jesse believe it was his kid throughout her pregnancy but now they both claim he is not the dad.
Casey has always seemed to have a lot to hide.

* 2 days ago

Medusa
12-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I believe I heard that Caylee's father is deceased.

Yes, if we can believe even that.

Giselle
12-20-2008, 01:17 AM
What is Casey's official mental status? Has she been tested?

You know, I personally know of a really truly compulsive liar, and it's absolutely appalling and disturbing the things she lies about. I don't know if compulsive lying qualifies as a legitimate mental illness, but the girl that I know definitely has some mental issues that allow her to believe that such blatant, manipulative lying is acceptable. The similarities between the type of lying and lack of empathy my acquaintance and Casey both exhibit is really striking. After my acquaintance's father died, she went out to shop and party. I actually hope these two have mental illnesses; at least, then, I'd have some hope left for the human race.

Daisy and Delilah
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM

Alot of people here think the meter reader was involved. It's just speculation.
Him giving that description is completely normal here because their house has become a local landmark. Everybody knows where it is. It sounds like he knew more than he's saying, but, it may have been just a good way to tell authorities where they could look.

Taz_Zoee
12-20-2008, 11:04 AM
This is all very sad. What makes me the most mad is cases like this where these people have beautiful children and then kill them, when there are people out there who would be great parents and are unable to have children. :( :mad:
I wish there was some sort of test you have to take to be a parent. Just like we have to take a drivers test to get a license. (Of course there are people with drivers licenses who shouldn't be driving either. Sigh....)

jennielynn1970
12-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I wish there was some sort of test you have to take to be a parent. Just like we have to take a drivers test to get a license.

I've thought this for years.

This whole case is just heartbreaking. It just makes you wonder what would come over a parent to do such a thing to her child (wanted or not, for goodness sake, the child is a human being). You'd think they'd have some form of a conscience that, as a normal person, you'd never do such a thing, especially to your own child.

RICHARD
12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I have to say that I watch the morning news to get info and if anything goes on during the day, I tend to ignore it.

All the speculation about how she died will remain that, speculation.

I used to dig watching all the murder/tech programs and we have pretty much rum the gamut of finding out how someone gets killed, DNA, bones, skin, bugs and other forensic tests.

Here are some of the 'rules' that people and the EFFING stupid broadcasters
forget about when they do a report.

Hair, skin, blood and fabrics.

The cops went looking for CA's hair, DNA and assorted clues from the grandparent's house. UNLESS they find a blood splattered crime scene-that kid's and anyone else's DNA, hair, skin 'sheddings' and finger prints WILL BE FOUND THERE if they reside in the home. Same with an auto.

All the things that the human body sheds will be found -except for a great deal of blood - anywhere you go. The only thing it tells you is that the person/body was at a location. Finding any evidence is more useful when it should NOT BE where you find it.

The car, the smells and the chloroform evidence.
A cadaver dog will tell you a body has been there- You can link any fibers or dirt from to car to the body-if they can be found on the body. Also you can tell where the body has been- but it only tells you that the person/body was there.

IT will not tell you -unless they find blood or some other real evidence at that scene-where that body was murdered.

I have been in cars that stink to high heaven. I helped a woman move her office stuff to her car when she left the company and when I stuck my head in to the door of the car I almost threw up. It was a rank and vile order that made me think something was dead in there.

The chloroform thing is kinda hinky, but unless they get a real detailed clue that she actually went out and bought the chems-it doesn't really make a case.
We all have seen someone goe out and by rope, masking tape, plastic and a hacksaw with extra blades, pay with a credit card and then get recorded on the store CC system. Next week Aunt Hilda disappears from her room and she's found in the next county, chopped, trussed and bagged with the purchases from a home improvement store.:eek:

The head being detached from the skull won't mean anything unless there is evidence of damage to the neck vertebrae and tissue in the area. Skeletons fall apart when the skin and tendons fall apart.

It the body was chopped up there will be tool marks on the bone where someone will hack it part to get rid of it in a hurry.

There is quite a bit of info that the media goes off on it makes me sick.
The PD down there is at a stand still because of some of the info that has leaked out. The chloroform thing was probably let out to see it she indeed had gone out and purchased it, or the chems to make it up. The searches of the places the child was at just verify she was there, nothing more nothing less.

It is a sad story, but one where the people involved are being really stupid.

Daisy and Delilah
12-20-2008, 05:53 PM
This case is being handled very poorly in my eyes too. I'm almost positive it will end up with no conviction and no justice. The media has turned it into such a gigantic circus, it's a mess.
Not only that, I think Cindy Anthony ran her mouth on camera way too much at the beginning of this thing. I was hoping she would shut her mouth and get out of the spotlight. Some of that may be coming back to bite her now.

Can we say it's another Florida piece of work?? We need to uphold our reputation.

lizbud
12-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I've thought this for years.

This whole case is just heartbreaking. It just makes you wonder what would come over a parent to do such a thing to her child (wanted or not, for goodness sake, the child is a human being). You'd think they'd have some form of a conscience that, as a normal person, you'd never do such a thing, especially to your own child.

Some people never develope a conscience.:( They are called psycopaths.
Some of the common traits with this condition sound very much like Caylee's
mom. I could be wrong, but that's what this case sounds like to me.

http://personalitydisorders.suite101.com/article.cfm/psychopathantisocial

RICHARD
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Flipping thru the channels again last night and the Nancy Grace show is turning into the comedy skit from Saturday Night Live from years ago.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Just change the name to Caylee Anthony and you get the idea!:rolleyes::o:(