PDA

View Full Version : 50th birthday

Marigold2
12-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Been going through a hard time lately. One of my children is in the hospital, will be out tomorrow but we have a long way to go.
Will be moving back home to get well and catch up on bills.
My 50 is coming up in Feb and by then I will need a break more then anyone can possibly know. So what does a fun loving and slightly insane woman do to celebrate a birthday of 50 years?
Here is my idea. Let me know what you think.
Pack an overnight case, go to the airport, walk up to the ticket countrer, ask when the next flight leaves and hop on that plane, where is it going, don't know, don't care. I will then spend the day in that American city shopping, having a lovely lunch and exploring the sights. It will be a total surprise. Hope it's not LA it's a long flight for just a day.

blue
12-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Impulsive. Sounds like a plan, go for it.

Freedom
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Ooh, that sounds good! Or, pick the city, someplace you have wanted to go and have NEVER been before!

When I turned 50 in August, I bought my Carmine! :D

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2008/Aug%2028%20New%20Car/Barcelona_Red_Metallic.png

So I say, GO FOR IT! BE Bold, Be Daring! :D:D:D

Taz_Zoee
12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Wow, that actually sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could be spontaneous like that. I say go for it!! :D :D

lvpets2002
12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
:eek: WoW how did you all know what I was thinking?? My 50th day is the beginen of March.. I will be right behind ya by couple of weeks.. I will for sure check out everyones ideas of how to celebrate.. Hey I will say I love getting all of the AARP info of discounts to be getting..:D

Randi
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
LOL! That sounds like a brilliant idea, except.... perhaps set a limit to how many miles away you go. Or go on a discount airline that doesn't have destinations too far away. ;) I'm sure you'll have fun! :D

smokey the elder
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow! Neat idea. My 50th is in May, and I need to figure out what to do (besides sign up for AARP:p;))

lvpets2002
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
:eek: WoW how many of us is to turn 50 in 2009?? I see so far there is 3-4 of us pretty close together with our Birthdays..
Wow! Neat idea. My 50th is in May, and I need to figure out what to do (besides sign up for AARP:p;))

Prairie Purrs
12-11-2008, 04:16 PM
The only thing I would be worried about is that the people at the ticket counter might think it was suspicious for someone to just pick a flight at random, and you might wind up celebrating your birthday being questioned by federal agents. :eek:

Marigold2
12-11-2008, 05:14 PM
LOL, hey that might be fun, messing with them a bit. :p:p:p
The only thing I would be worried about is that the people at the ticket counter might think it was suspicious for someone to just pick a flight at random, and you might wind up celebrating your birthday being questioned by federal agents. :eek:

Laura's Babies
12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep, they will be suspicious and you could be pulled aside and searched so be ready for it, just in case. A last munite purchase sent off alarms these days..

But hay! I say Go for it and enjoy the entire experience! Sounds like fun!!

RedHedd
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a plan. Or you could go to a rock concert, spend the day at a spa, go shopping locally or do absolutely nothing. Spend the day in your jammies eating bon bons!

I had a big party at my girlfriend's restaurant for my 50th. I kept trying to tell myself that it's just a number, but it's a shocking number :eek:

slick
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
My 50th, which was more than a few years ago, was an absolute blast!!! It was on a Saturday and I wound up having two celebrations. On the Wednesday before, a couple of friends to me to a local watering hole to see some "male dancers";), then on the actual day (Saturday) I went downtown to see some more "male dancers" but this time the gang included coworkers, family (yes, my Mom too) and many other friends as well. It was the best ever!!!

Now, that was before I joined PT so lets just say that my 60th may include out of town guests......:D:cool: I'm not sure if Vancouver is ready for that yet.:eek:

You know what? Whatever you do, make it special. Wherever you fly to, how about checking into a hotel for the night and somehow work in a spa day before flying home.:)

carole
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
what a great idea, go for it, I say, i wish i had done something a little more special, however we did go away overnight and i saw America live in concert there, which i had not seen since i visited the USA way back in 1976, so it was a real blast, and one full of awesome memories of my trip and a time in my life when i was young, free spirited and had so much fun,oh those were the days lol.

Enjoy your special day whatever you decide to do,it only comes but a once,and
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-HappyBirthday08.gif

AbbyMom
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
My 50 is coming up in Feb and by then I will need a break more then anyone can possibly know. So what does a fun loving and slightly insane woman do to celebrate a birthday of 50 years?

When I turned 50 in August, I bought my Carmine! :D :D:D:D

:eek: WoW how did you all know what I was thinking?? My 50th day is the beginen of March.. I will be right behind ya by couple of weeks..

:eek: WoW how many of us is to turn 50 in 2009?? I see so far there is 3-4 of us pretty close together with our Birthdays..

For all of you turning 50 or even over 50, consider joining the Red Hat Society!! :cool: Here's a link to Wikipedia that explains:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Society

You get to wear red hats and purple dresses! You can have HATITUDE!

Marigold, you can be the LAST OF THE RED HAT MAMAS!

You can either join a chapter near you or start your own. I recently saw a Red Hat chapter meeting in a restaurant to celebrate a 50th birthday. They were having great fun.

But whatever you do...GO GET A PURPLE HAT! :D

Daisy and Delilah
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I think that's a great idea. Go for it!! I can't wait to hear about it.

When I turned 50, the whole world changed. I don't know why but I've had a series of events ever since that day and it seems to never stop. No matter what you do.......ENJOY!!!!! Remember, it's just a number and don't let it bog you down. Good luck with everything else in your life. It sounds like you need a break.:)

RICHARD
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Hope it's not LA it's a long flight for just a day.

Oh, well.....

If you had an urge for El Lay you could come out and spent the weekend with some of the goofiest people on the planet.

I just did the big 5-0 and you know.........It wasn't bad.:D