PDA

View Full Version : My mom UPDATED #13

kallisto4529
12-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Hello all, I have not been on here much the last few months, not because I did not want to be, just not enough time in the day. If possible could I please get some of those powerful PT prayers. My mother has been critically sick, the most of November she was in the hospital and we almost lost her twice. She is a fighter I will tell you that. We find out next Wed if what the dr's think is wrong is true. They think my mom has Pancreatic Cancer!!!
Never in my life did I ever think I could possibly loose my mom the same way I lost my grandfather when I was 11 yrs old, but we have had 5 dr's tell us this is what they think. My mom is living with my husband and I, finally home from the hospital....wooohooo Hopefully she will stay there for quite a while.
So if y'all don't mind sending some prayers our way, my family would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much, Marti

Medusa
12-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Of course, prayers are going up right now for your mom's healing and for your peace of mind. :love: Hopefully, you'll have your mom w/you for many years to come.

Freedom
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Prayers for your mom, and for you and your family. Fingers crossed the tests come out the way you prefer!

Daisy and Delilah
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you. I hope your Mom gets well very soon. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Taz_Zoee
12-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh my gosh!! Marti, I had no idea this was going on. I'm such a bad friend. I should have contacted you more. You know you can always call, email or PM me if you need to.
I will definitely keep your mom in my thoughts.
Big Hugs to you, your mom and Jeff!!

Catty1
12-10-2008, 10:39 AM
HUG PT prayers for your mom!

I hope the doctors are wrong (yep, all of them!) and that this is something else which is treatable!

HUGS!

Karen
12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Of course she will be in our prayers.

K9karen
12-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Oodles of prayers for your mom. Thank you for having her with you. Please keep us updated.

gini
12-10-2008, 10:57 PM
And I add my prayers for your Mom and your entire family.

kallisto4529
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Thank you guys so much, you have always been a huge source of support and comfort, I can not tell you how much it means to me. Cindy you are not a bad friend, I did not exactly call you or anything either to tell you, I know I can always call and that helps more than you know.
Having my mom home is precious time for me and I would not have it any other way, even if the test comes back positive, she will remain here, she is not going back to a dreadful hospital for anything unless it is an emergency, hospice can come here and take care of her. we already have a nurse and physical therapist coming in three times a week. So far today is a great day...lol she feels good and we have my great nephew here who is 6 mos old, he is always a joy to us....thank you again and I will keep you all posted.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Laura's Babies
12-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Prayers for your Mother and those who love her!

kallisto4529
01-02-2009, 01:17 AM
I have waited until after the holidays to update, they were hard enough for me and I did not want to bring anyone else down if I could avoid it. My mom is dying!! She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, she became jaundiced and because of other health issues, chemo or radiation is not an option for her. She has chosen not to let the dr's alleviate her jaundice, it will make her death much easier and less painful for her. If they let the cancer progress and take the jaundice away, her pain would be excrutiating. We had a wonderful Christmas and New year with her, and every day is a blessing we get to see her smile and tell us she loves us. She is living with my husband and I, and the rest of my family comes there and helps us take care of her. Hospice is helping as well, and we have been told it could be anytime. So please pray we have the courage,faith and strength to see her off with the grace she deserves and to survive it afterward.
thanks to all of you
Marti

joycenalex
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
dear marti and family. i wish you all peace and joy and, in knowing that your mother made the best choice for her, i wish you all acceptance and solace. my deepest sympathy, joyce

Laura's Babies
01-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Having her at home and caring for her there will bring you comfort later. I don't have to tell you to cherish every moment. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
01-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I have waited until after the holidays to update, they were hard enough for me and I did not want to bring anyone else down if I could avoid it. My mom is dying!! She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, she became jaundiced and because of other health issues, chemo or radiation is not an option for her. She has chosen not to let the dr's alleviate her jaundice, it will make her death much easier and less painful for her. If they let the cancer progress and take the jaundice away, her pain would be excrutiating. We had a wonderful Christmas and New year with her, and every day is a blessing we get to see her smile and tell us she loves us. She is living with my husband and I, and the rest of my family comes there and helps us take care of her. Hospice is helping as well, and we have been told it could be anytime. So please pray we have the courage,faith and strength to see her off with the grace she deserves and to survive it afterward.
thanks to all of you
Marti

A word of encouragement: a good friend of mine was diagnosed w/pancreatic cancer in Sept. of '07 and was told that he had 3 weeks to 3 months to live. Here he is in Jan. of '09 and he went shopping w/his family on NYE day. He did take chemo and radiation immediately upon his diagnosis but he couldn't take it for long because he developed an allergic reaction to the chemo so he's been off it all this time. The drs. told him that he's defied everything they've said and his time has been quality and a real gift. So keep the faythe. (I know, easy for me to say but I'm praying that you have much more quality time w/your mom.)

zippy-kat
01-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Cancer is such an ugly, scary word. {{My thoughts and prayers are with you.}}

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Enjoy every moment that you have with her. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Taz_Zoee
01-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Marti, I am sitting here in tears for you and your family. I am so so sorry. I hope the time you have left with your mother is wonderful and....well, I just don't know what I could say to help ease your pain. If there was any way I could do that I would in a heartbeat.

Please, give me a call anytime you need to talk. Leave a message if I don't answer and I will return the call ASAP!

Hugs to you and the family.

RICHARD
01-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Give her some hugs and sending prayers out to you.

Bless you and your family.:love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh no..... I just saw this...:(:(

I am sending your mom, you and your family lots of courage and strenght in this difficult time...!! I just lost my own mom, so I know how sad you must be feeling now. Loosing your mom, it is the hardest thing possible... .

carole
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh Marti, this is a tough time for you, your mom sounds a real fighter all right,all fingers and paws crossed here she will continue with her battle and win, sending you big hugs.,thinking of you.

Catty1
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

May your time with your mom be wonderful, and may she be comfortable and happy.

Prayers that there might even be a small miracle. :love:

Alysser
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I am SO sorry your mom is not doing well. I'm glad to hear you guys had a good holiday season though, that's wonderful to hear =) I hope your mom breaks the odds like Medusa's friend did. (((hugs))) and prayers to you!

cassiesmom
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Prayers for kallisto4529 and family from me in Chicago.

kallisto4529
01-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Thank you all very much, I pray every day, it would be nice for a miracle, but I also trust in God and he will make the right choice either way, we are doing ok right now, things go up and down, but so far we have more good than bad so that helps alot!!! And having you guys helps even more.
thank you again
love to all of you
marti