PDA

View Full Version : I am wondering if hunter is ready

HoochsMommiee
12-08-2008, 11:48 PM
for a little sister..

he is excellent with other dog's no matter what size they are and i know he is happy but i just wonder, i know i am ready for another one but i am wondering if he would be ok with having to share me with another dog, I mean he is such a momma's boy (he just came and plopped his big but next to me on my scraproom floor) maybe this will help him not be so much of a momma's boy

chocolatepuppy
12-09-2008, 05:01 AM
My dogs were usually a year or just over before I got another pup. The question is...are you ready? :D

HoochsMommiee
12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
well he is a year old.. and am i ready HECK YEA i am ready..I am also looking at dog's who are a under 6months old too.. I wanna get another golden retriever or a beauitful black lab

lute
12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Good luck on your puppy search. Two younger dogs is a big job!

Flatcoatluver
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I personally have to have a 4 to 5 year difference before I get another puppy.

My reasons for having such a large difference between dogs is because I make sure they and really trained, 1 and 2 years old is still VERY young, and dogs still have a lot to learn. I personally can't train and show two dogs that are so close to age, because they would be in the same level of training. I also have such a huge age different because elderly dogs can be hard to care for, and having 2 or 3 that get elderly at the same time can be difficult with time and money. JMO