PDA

View Full Version : Here's an UPDATE on the rescued Persian

rg_girlca
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
This is in regards to my thread; http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=147841

Oh, I know I mentioned he was declawed, but didn't realize that the poor thing was declawed on ALL FOUR PAWS!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I am very happy though to tell you that he has been adopted to a very, very nice home and is doing very well. He is in with 4 other cats, plus a dog and has adjusted very well. The people have fallen totally in love with this guy.
They promised to send me some pictures and to keep me updated. Minou was adopted about 2 weeks after having him. Poppy unfortunately was very stressed this time and didn't wait for the cat to be out of my room before he started peeing around. I literally caught him one time peeing on the carpet right in front of my bedroom door and then of course once Minou left the house, my bed and pillow got it too.:rolleyes:

Anyway, here are some pictures I took of Minou a few days before he left.
One thing I have to say is, talk about a new cat once he was shaved. He came out of his shell and was so loving. I guess he was so thankful for having all those nasty mats out.

Here he is sleeping on the cat tree. He's so adorable.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures146.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures144.jpg

Look at that sweet face.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures145.jpg

It doesn't matter how long or short of a time I have my rescues, I still miss them with all my heart, BUT, it does my heart good knowing that they will be well taken care of and are in a safe, loving home.

momcat
12-08-2008, 10:30 PM
As always, you did great, Lorraine. What a beautiful kitty! How wonderful to know that he's in the purrfect furever home and settling in so well. He did look like a completely different kitty once those nasty mats went poof!

Karen
12-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I am so glad he is settling in well, and that you were kind enough to update us as well!

krazyaboutkatz
12-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Lorraine, thanks for updating us about him. I'm so glad that he found such a wonderful loving forever home.:) Too bad Poppy started peeing on everything again.:( I hope he's stopped doing this by now. It's great to see you posting here again.:)

kt_luvs_kitties
12-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Lorraine, let me start by saying I miss you!

Secondly, you did an amazing job with Minou. ( LOVE the name). Without you, well, I just cant think about it.

He turned into a GORGEOUS kitty, with a purrfect life ahead of him. He is so lucky to have found you.

I know what you mean about fosters, we get attached so quickly.. Esp the abused/neglected and hurt ones. The bonds run much deeper, and we build their trust, and then fall in love. BUT maybe now you can help another kitty in need. If we kept them all, we would not be able to help others in need. Ya know?
I have a foster right now, that I would give ANYTHING to adopt as my own. But it just isnt possible. I hope that I do as good by him as you did for Minou:love:

Hope to see you posting more! Katie and kitties;)

jenluckenbach
12-09-2008, 05:15 AM
GREAT job!!! And what a cutie. :) Glad he's all settled in his new home.

GILL
12-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Thank you for the great job. The CREW is wishing Minou all the best in his new home.

Laura's Babies
12-09-2008, 06:58 AM
How wonderful! I knew you would have no problem finding him a great home with his good looks. GREAT JOB!

Medusa
12-09-2008, 07:28 AM
the poor thing was declawed on ALL FOUR PAWS!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Y'know, a friend of mine just adopted another kitten and I know that in the past she always had her cats declawed. I was trying to think of a way to approach her about not declawing the kitten when she said to me "My vet told me that there is an alternative to declawing, that I can clip their claws". I couldn't believe that she didn't know that! I said "I clip my cats' claws every other week". She said "Really??? Well, my cats don't really like to have their paws messed with but we're playing w/them to get them used to it". She actually seemed surprised when I told her that I clip my cats' claws. (I left out the part about Yodie knocking the clippers out of my hand every time. LOL) I told her about Soft Paws, too, and that really surprised her.

You've done a great job. He's a beauty!

jazzcat
12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm so glad you found him a new good home quickly but I guess in Poppy's opinion not quickly enough. Sounds like our guys Poppy and Rocky are twins - high stress guys.

Anikaca77
12-09-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm so glad he was adopted that's just wonderful.

Thank you for all you've done.

Melissa

Catty1
12-09-2008, 09:35 AM
GREAT news. :)

Minou sure doesn't have the grumpy face anymore! He loves having the mats out - and now has a great furrever home. I am glad he has kitty buddies too!

Great work, Lorraine! Bless you! :love:

catmandu
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
YOU DESERVE ALL THE CREDIT IN THE WORLD LORRAINE, FOR SAVING MINOU:love::love: FROM A SAD DEATH, AND FOR FINDING HIM HIS PLACE:):) IN THE SUN WHERE HE WILL BE SO BELOVED AND A HAPPY CAT.
THERES A NEW GOLD STAR BY YOUR NAME AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE , AND YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN, YEARS:love: FROM NOW.
ON YOUR ONE FINE DAY.:love::love::love:

phesina
12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Ohhhhhh, thank you so much, Lorraine! For getting Minou all fixed up, then finding him a wonderful furrever home, and then updating us, with pictures!

God bless you for doing this and for all you do to help so many precious creatures.

Emeraldgreen
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Minou looks so content and beautiful! You've helped him so much and it is so exciting that he has a new family and a new chapter of his life is beginning. It's amazing to imagine that only a few months ago, he was wandering a cold alley in the city all alone and now he is a pampered family member, thanks to you!!:)

orangemm
12-10-2008, 03:53 PM
What a lucky guy Minou is! First, he found you and now he is in a wonderful furrever home!

Bless you for all you do for these unfortunate ones................:love:

K & L
12-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like another job well done. What a gorgeous guy!!!