lizbud
12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
A Wisconsin woman was arrested for neglect of a animal for allowing
her dog to become frozen to the ground. The poor dog was 60lbs
overweight. :(:(

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6409707

chocolatepuppy
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I had heard about this, but not seen the video. The fact the dog was left out is bad enough but how did the owner not notice the dog was so fat it couldn't stand up?:mad:

Daisy and Delilah
12-08-2008, 08:51 AM
The story said she made frequent trips out to check on the dog. What was this for? To bring out another ton of food the dog didn't need? Did that make her feel better??? What was she thinking? Why was the dog outside anyway???

Thank goodness that poor dog is not with her anymore. This story makes me incredibly sad.:(:(:(:(:(

3Catcondo
12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Poor dog. This abuse started way before he was stuck on the sidewalk. The owner should have not been feeding him so much. I hope he is able to lose weight without complications and go to a new forever home with responsible owners. I will pray for him.

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
This is horrible. I feel so sad for the dog.:( Hopefully he/she will be put on a proper diet and get the excerise that it needs to help it lose weight. I also hope that the dog will be able to find a much better loving forever home.

Karen
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
It is sad that some people equate food with love, and so allow their pet to get morbidly obese. That poor dog looked like his head was stuck on some other dog's body. Border Collies are usually such an active breed, and you know if he had been allowed enough exercise he would also never have gotten to that point. That was so, so, sad to see!

lvpets2002
12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
:( Yes this a very sad story.. I have never seen a dog that bad over weight.. It is one of three things = dog eating alot of people food, dog having no way to exercise & or the dog has Thyroid Problems.. Inwhich can be handled with medication..

lute
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
This is so sad. The dog even looks miserable! I hope the poor thing gets taken away and found a new suitable home.

Alysser
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
We hear frequently about dogs who are malnourished and now this. :rolleyes: WOW, I can't decide which is worse!!

pitc9
12-09-2008, 08:47 AM
OMG!! :eek:

Thank Gawd SOMEONE had a heart and got her the help she needed, it's clear to see that the owner and her neighbors don't really give a crap!
The guy said in the video that he tried to help but the dog snapped at him, "So he left her alone"
Alright, then call someone to help the poor dog!

Daisy and Delilah
12-09-2008, 10:12 AM
OMG!! :eek:

Thank Gawd SOMEONE had a heart and got her the help she needed, it's clear to see that the owner and her neighbors don't really give a crap!
The guy said in the video that he tried to help but the dog snapped at him, "So he left her alone"
Alright, then call someone to help the poor dog!

Good point!! Of course the dog snapped. I would too. So this idiot just leaves???? Some people.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......:mad: :mad: :mad:

AdoreMyDogs
12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
The punishment is not near harsh enough for this type of crime. It's sickening. I just hope she doesn't get that dog awarded back to her.

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Wow, I cannot believe anyone would think that it is okay to give your dog so much crap to eat that they become that obese. Poor baby. I hope he is given the help he needs and rehomed to someone who will care for him properly. How could you let your dog freeze to the sidewalk.