PDA

View Full Version : For those with young kids/babies or are expecting a baby *free books*

AdoreMyDogs
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
There's this wonderful foundation that Dolly Parton founded called "Imagination Library". I don't know if this is available in your area, but if so you've GOT to sign you baby or child up! You get a free age appropiate book every month until the child is 5 years old and you can have multiple children on the mailing. Dolly Parton is a very kind woman who is doing her part to increase a love of reading in young folks. This is such a great foundation and we're really enjoying it at my household. We've recieved many wonderful books and, as long as we live where they offer this wonderful service, we'll keep getting them until Quinn's 5 years old. We also signed the new baby up with his due date so shortly after he's born, he'll start getting a book a month as well.

Just a note, it takes a LONG time to start getting the books. If I remember correctly, it took 10 or 12 weeks or something to get the first one, but then they arrive every month almost exactlly to the day. Also, if you are signed up and happen to move, it will take a very long time to start getting the books to the new address and the USPS will NOT forward the books, you've got to directly change the address on the website or through your local United Way.

Just wanted to let you all know. I've been meaning to post this for quite some time but I've forgotten.

Here's the website: If the website doesn't work for you, type in "Imagination Library" in Google and it will pull up Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Hopefully it's available in the area of some fellow pet talkers so you can enjoy this service as much as I have been.

http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/

Kfamr
12-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Aw man. There's none in my area. :( I was going to sign Mia up. I know Nicole would have been proud as Nicole LOVED books. Ah well. :(

What a neat idea though.

AdoreMyDogs
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Aw man. There's none in my area. :( I was going to sign Mia up. I know Nicole would have been proud as Nicole LOVED books. Ah well. :(

What a neat idea though.

Darn! Yeah I told my brother about it too because he's got 2 boys and a little girl on the way but it's not available in MI at this time either. I KNOW it's not just TX, I wonder which states participate. Wish you could have signed Mia up :(

sparks19
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
boo-urns... my area doesn't have it yet either :(

But what a wonderful thing she is doing.

Every interview I hear her in she just seems like such a neat and down to earth lady.

Cincy'sMom
12-07-2008, 12:32 PM
It looks like it isn't by state but by county within the state? I tried my zip code and there was nothing, but when I looked at the list there are several affiliates in surrounding counties. Since I don't have kids I didn't create a user to see if it would offer it to me form one of these nearby counties.