PDA

View Full Version : A rainy Monday at the vets

Vermontcat
09-16-2002, 09:48 AM
This morning I took my cat Sam to the vet's for her yearly checkup. Monday morning is not a good time for a vet's appt. because that is when everyone comes in with problems their pets had over the weekend! Sam was not happy to wait for 20 minutes in the waiting room with dogs! The first dog there looked like a cattle dog and he left a nice smelly present on the rug by the front door as his owner was paying up her bill!:eek: Then there was the old black lab 40 lbs overweight and with worms! Then the guy with 2 bassett hounds came in, I am amazed Sam did not hiss at them like she did at the other two dogs, maybe because they were lower to the ground and less threatening to her in her carrier. Anyway her checkup went well, she hissed when she was put on the scale and an employee joked that it was because she wasn't happy with her weight!:rolleyes: Since she doesn't go outside much anymore she only needed the rabies shot and she hissed and growled when the vet gave it to her! I think she was mad that I interrupted her nap time to take her for a shot! She is happy to be home now, she had something to eat and is now napping on her favorite shelf in the basement.:)

Nomilynn
09-16-2002, 11:11 AM
Good to know everything went well :) I'm sure Sam will take the day to show her distaste at the vet visit by ignoring! :D :D

zippy-kat
09-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Glad the check up was A-OK!!!

And just so Sam knows, I also hiss when they put me on the scales... :rolleyes: ;)

gini
09-16-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Glad the check up was A-OK!!!

And just so Sam knows, I also hiss when they put me on the scales... :rolleyes: ;)

I know what you mean!! The scales at my (human) doctor's office are broken. I keep complaining, but they never seem to get them fixed.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by gini

I know what you mean!! The scales at my (human) doctor's office are broken. I keep complaining, but they never seem to get them fixed.

LOL :D :D

I think that is a common problem in doctors' offices. :D

Glad to hear the checkup went well!

HoRsELUvR
09-16-2002, 05:09 PM
im glad the check up went ok.i know my cats would have freaked out!

NoahsMommy
09-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Too funny! I too, hate that part of dr. appointments.... :) It often makes me wonder if the scale at home or at the dr. is off... :rolleyes:

Glad the vet appointment went OK....I wish it was rainy here...I'm ready for it! :D

toughCookie
09-16-2002, 08:04 PM
aww poor Sam! such indignities that the kitties have to suffer LOL
my kitties don't like getting their temp taken!

well I'm glad Sam is ok and back in his comfy nap place!:)

Vermontcat
09-16-2002, 08:35 PM
I forgot the funniest part was when the vet had his stethoscope on trying to listen to Sam and she let out this long drawn out growlllllllllllllllllllll. The vet tech and I laughed as the vet got quite the earful!:eek: She also got tuna for dinner and she is feeling more herself again.:)

Felicia's Mom
09-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Glad to know things went O.K. Beau is having his yearly check-up next month.