PDA

View Full Version : feather duster

weeze
09-16-2002, 08:16 AM
Baby likes to play with my feather duster, which she has now destroyed. she puts the feather part in her mouth and the stick part is usually underneath her. When she drags it around the house like that it looks like she's flying on a broom. its hilarious

Edwina's Secretary
09-16-2002, 02:38 PM
Now that warrants a photo...PLEASE! Perhaps for Haloween???

AmberLee
09-17-2002, 03:05 AM
Cassy rarely will wander off with the feather duster, but a brisk game of 'dusty tummy'* delights him. :rolleyes:

* Human holds feather duster and asks, "Is that a Dusty Tummy I see?" Human then dusts the feather duster along the D.T. in question. Human frantically tries to save human fingers from claws of death grappling with the f.d. Repeat as long as human nerves last. {Yeah, like you don't have silly games you play with your cats! Ha!!!} :p ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-17-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Cassy rarely will wander off with the feather duster, but a brisk game of 'dusty tummy'* delights him. :rolleyes:

:D :D Thanks for the suggestion Amberlee. :) I'll have to try this one with Peanut. She will often offer her tummy up for some rubs so she might just really like it with the feather duster. :D

Tubby doesn't allow his tummy to be touched. :(

Edwina's Secretary
09-17-2002, 10:22 AM
As the resident domestic goddess I have to ask....

Do you guys REALLY have feather dusters?????

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

Yes. I remember buying one at one point.....but I'll have to dig to find it. :rolleyes: Actually, I think I know where it is, but I'll probably have to dust it off first. :rolleyes:

sasvermont
09-17-2002, 11:01 AM
My cats love to hang on to it while I drag them all over the floor with it. They have been known to chew on it as well, but use it mostly to attack and to have me drag them around. The static sometimes gets to them.

I use it oh, maybe twice a year to clean cob webs.

It's another toy.:cool:

Edwina's Secretary
09-17-2002, 11:05 AM
It's another toy

For you or the cats??? :D ;) :D

catland
09-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

I'm far from being a domestic goddess and don't have a feather duster - so I buy the feathers on a stick from the pet store and my cats love to play with them. Just last night we had our first decent rain in a few months, and Quincy, our guy that loves the great outdoors, developed cabin-fever. It was so funny because he was just unable to comprehend what had happened to his beautiful DRY outdoor surroundings:eek:

He usually isn't interested in the feather stick, but I decided to give it a try because he seemed so forlorn. He just loved it. He's a bit of a hunter, so he didn't just play with the feather-stick, he attacked it like it was serious prey. He'd swipe it with his paw and immediately scoop it into his mouth.

Then he tired - so I though, "game over" and I left him and the feather-stick in the living room while I went to work on dinner in the kitchen. I then heard some noise and peaked back into the living room to see him "hunting" his feather-stick. He stalked it. He ran around the couch in order to sneak back up and get it. He ran down the hallway and back in order to attack it. He laid in wait for it and then pounced on it.

He then sat down next to it, his appetite sated, looking as contented as can be.

weeze
09-17-2002, 02:39 PM
I will try and get a picture of Baby on her broom!

As for the feather duster.... mine was synthetic also, maybe it is the static that Baby liked.

I only got to dust with it once, then it became baby's property!

Miss Moppet
09-18-2002, 11:07 AM
my jalalabad once caught the feather duster alive and tried to bring it in to me as a present after he'd killed it, but it got stuck in the cat flap and eventually he abandoned it - probably because i was laughing so much.