PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts and prayers requested, please.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if many of you remember me, but I need to ask for some prayers and good thoughts.

A few months ago, my youngest cat, Mocha, who is 3 1/2 years old, went through surgery to have one of her dewclaws removed after she got it caught on a bath robe.

Not too long after that, she developed Cryptococcosis, an infection/fungus that engulfed the area where the dewclaw was removed on her paw.

She is currently on medication for this, which has cleared it up for the most part.

However, she has stopped eating and drinking for almost a week now and has dropped a couple of pounds. I have been force-feeding her wet cat food and water for the past few days.

Since the medication she is on for now has the potential to cause liver damage, she is going to the vet next week for another blood test. The vet who is treating her and has seen her case since Day 1 is on vacation, and we will be talking with her when she returns as soon as possible.

Please keep my kitty in your thoughts.. it's so hard seeing her like this and I just want her to get better. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/AnnBeard0932-1.jpg

Thank you.

-Julie

kt_luvs_kitties
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry this is happening to you and to her.

Please make sure she is getting fluids. As for food, it does not take much for them to get fatty liver disease, so make sure to feed her in intervals, and that she atleast gets some down.

I will pray for her, and for you. *HUGS* Katie and kitties:love:

catnapper
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Many prayers to you ad your poor little girl. I know how scared you must be.

Taz_Zoee
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh no, I will keep little Miss Mocha in my thoughts. Please eat Mocha girl. I know how stressful it is when they won't eat. I recently went through it with Taz but only for 5 days. I will be hoping she begins to eat soon.

jennielynn1970
12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I definitely know how you feel. I was worried about my Calloway with the same not eating deal. He's now doing much better, so I hope that your little one will start eating again and be better as well. The thought of liver failure (I did lose one foster cat to that, but he was also FIV+, so his immune system was compromised to begin with) is so scary, especially when you don't know what is happening.

Catty1
12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
PT Prayers for Mocha. :love:

Try some baby food, or even really stinky wet stuff that might perk her appetite a bit!

Can the vet who is not on vacation advise on a different medication, or on reducing this one?

What a lovely wittle girl! I hope she is on the mend soon.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-04-2008, 10:15 PM
PT Prayers for Mocha. :love:

Try some baby food, or even really stinky wet stuff that might perk her appetite a bit!

Can the vet who is not on vacation advise on a different medication, or on reducing this one?

What a lovely wittle girl! I hope she is on the mend soon.

Thank you. :)

Her medication has been reduced. She was taking 100 mg. of Itraconazole and is now taking 50 mg. It's supposed to be the "milder" one out of all the other medications used to treat Cryptococcosis.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I was holding her just now and she started purring for the first time in ages. Hoping this is a good sign of better days soon.

Karen
12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Awww, yup, purring sounds like a good sign! We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
12-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Aw, what a sweet little girl. Of course, we'll send up prayers right now that all will be well for Mocha and you.

kb2yjx
12-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Prayers for Miss Mocha that she is back to her old self ASAP!!! She is very cute!!

Freedom
12-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes I do remember Mocha. Prayers from all of us here in RI. Please let us know how things develop!

Anikaca77
12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Sending prays and good thoughts. I hope she starts feeling better soon. It's never fun to force feed our babies.

Prays,
Melissa

lvpets2002
12-05-2008, 11:23 AM
:love: Awee Mocha you such a Adorable Baby.. Hope you get well real soon.. Sending Lots of Whisker Huggss & Prayers..

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Mocha will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she'll start feeling better soon.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Aww, Julie! So sorry to hear about Mocha. =[

If she's purring, that's gotta be a good sign. Give her a kiss from me. =]

catmandu
12-05-2008, 04:49 PM
:(
WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS THAT YOU GET THE ONE PETMAS PRESENT THAT YOU WANT , MOCHAS HEALTH :love::love:
WE ARE ALL SENDING OUR PRAYERS FOR YOUR DEAR LITTLE MOCHA.:love::love::love:
ITS SO HEART BREAKING TO SEE OUR DEAR LITTLE FRIENNDS ILL, AND NOT EATING, YOU HAVE A FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS AS NOTHING YOU DO SEEMS TO HELP YOU COMPANION OUT.:(
WE PRAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY MOCHA UPDATE SOON :love::love:

phesina
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Prayers for Miss Mocha and you.

How good that she's purring!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks everyone!

She ate/drank a little bit on her own yesterday and today! :)
She seems perkier and a lot more alert, too.

Here's hoping it continues!!

momcat
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that sweet little Mocha isn't feeling well. It does sound positive that she's purring as well as eating and drinking even a little bit. Come on, sweetie, keep on purring, eating and drinking. Hoping all goes well with your vet!

Many prayers are being prayed for Mocha's swift and complete recovery. Please keep us updated? Could I ask you to give her some gentle feel better lovies from me?

phesina
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh, that's great. You go, Mocha girl! Purr, purr, purr, keep that engine running!

Barbara
12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
I know exactly how it feels to have a kitty who loses weight and doesn't eat and drink. Hope Miss Mocha improves.

Bengalz
12-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Healing thoughts for your dear little Mocha. I hope she is feeling better and continues to improve. She is such a little doll baby:love:

GILL
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
The CREW is sending thier prayers. Feel better baby.

rg_girlca
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh my, my, my, what an absolute adorable little girl Mocha is. She has such a sweet face. I am so happy to read that she is more alert and starting to ear and drink on her own.

Come on precious girl, continue with your eating and drinking and get well very soon.

Do you think we can see some more pictures of your pretty little girl. :D

momcat
12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
How is Mocha doing today?

GoldenRetrLuver
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Aw, thanks guys!

She's still eating! She's up to 7.2 pounds.. she was over 8 pounds before, so she still has a ways to go. But, for now, all is good.

However, we did make the decision to stop her medication for the past few days.. I read in a few places that if she was showing certain signs, such as low appetite and lethargy, it was okay to stop it for a few weeks. Doing this may have something to do with her feeling better.. but we will see. Her vet is supposed to return to work sometime this week, so I'll let you all know how that goes.

She's even chasing my other cat around again! lol :p

And I'll try to get more pictures up shortly!