PDA

View Full Version : Ouch..., I fell hard today

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I fell really hard today:( . I hit a sharp corner of a table with my shoulder! Luckily my son was home early; we went to the ER, where lots of RX has been taken. Nothing is broken; but because the pain is so intense and unbearable, I have to carry my arm in a bandage for at least 10 days :eek::(. The ligaments of upper arm are hurt. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight, because the slightest movement hurts enormously....! Lots of tears here....:(:(

so stupid, i missed a small step, and lost my balance.....
It could have been much worse though; because of my back, I must be very careful to NEVER fall....:rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
OH my goodness!! I am so glad you did not break anything. That is scary. Did they give you pain meds? Hopefully they will help you sleep. If not, maybe you should ask for some.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

lvpets2002
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
:eek: Oh No Ouchy Ouchy.. So sorry to hear of this Lut.. Take care of yourself.. Rest & take some pain meds..

gini
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh Lut, please take good care of yourself. I hope you heal quickly.

4 Dog Mother
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Oh, I am so sorry! I am glad nothing was broken but sometimes the pain caused by other problems seems as bad or worse! Hope you feel better quickly!

Karen
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Yowch! I fell pretty hard yesterday doing yard work, thankfully nothing that required a hospital visit, though. Just a bunch of bruises and a scrape for me, and might right arm feels like I was fishing all day yesterday - not exactly painful, but it lets me know I abused it!

I hope you heal quickly. Is Bernard threatening to wrap you in bubble wrap?

krazyaboutkatz
12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that you'll recover quickly.

Randi
12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Ouchh! Sorry to hear you fell so hard, but I glad nothing was broken. I hope you'll recover in time to enjoy Christmas! :)

Take care!

(((hugs)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Did they give you pain meds? Hopefully they will help you sleep. If not, maybe you should ask for some.

Yes, I got an injection Voltaren; it doesn't help much though :(. I got a prescription for Brufen; but I am scared to take it, because it is tough on the stomack...! If the pain stays all night, I will contact my doctor in thr morning!

ps. I was planning to put up all X-mas decorations (the tree too) this evening... :(

caseysmom
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I am so sorry you are hurt:( Please be careful.

Husky_mom
12-04-2008, 12:57 PM
theres this cream from "just"... I think itīs called juniper n english... itīs from a switzerland lab.... itīs really great to treat those kinda sores... in fact all muscle/ligament pains...even cramps.. LOL....

by the way you described your fall it sounds like you bruised your muscles/ligaments and they are soooo sore.... just like over working them but worse pain...

hopefully youīll get better much sooner... ((genlte hugs))

jennielynn1970
12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Ouch!! I can definitely empathize with you on missing steps and falling! Me, I normally end up breaking my foot/ankle area, or spraining it really bad. One time I tripped going down the basement stairs and I grabbed onto the railing and bump-bumped halfway down on my right side. I was purple from my butt to my calf for a long time afterward! :o

Ask the doctor if you can try the muscle rubs like Isabel suggested. Maybe compresses and those would be better than something rough on your tummy.

phesina
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
So sorry to read about your fall, Lut! I hope it heals quickly and you feel fine again very soon.

Meanwhile, let your feline nurses take expert care of you with help from their human assistants!

Laura's Babies
12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Gee girl! I hate that happened to you! OUCH! Hope it heals soon and you can find some releif from the pain... DO NOT even try to put up those decorations, no matter what pain relief you find in a bottle, jar or tube! Those decorations are not that important!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Meanwhile, let your feline nurses take expert care of you with help from their human assistants!

it is weird, it looks as if they all know I am suffering!! They all jumped on my lap at least once!!Inka even licked my forehead. my sweeties:love:

lizbud
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your fall.:( I hope you can get relief
from the soreness. Take it easy. Sometimes a torn muscle can hurt worse
than a broken arm.

Catty1
12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
If you have any frozen vegetables - peas or corn is best (small vegetables) - put that against the sore spot for a while. It should help.

If you take the Brufen with food, will that help? Call the pharmacist and ask how you can make it easy on your tummy!

HUGS and get well soon! :love:

Daisy and Delilah
12-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Lut. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and relaxation.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Feel better!!!!!!!!

Karen
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Lut, perhaps this is the year for you to be the "director" and let Indra do the actual decorating? Owwwch, still, I am sorry you are in pain! I did a little more leaf-vaccing today, but did NOT venture back up on the hill - I used the rake to snag the cultivator and drag it down to where I could reach it to put it away without leaving the flat of the yard.

ramanth
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Ouchie!! I'm glad nothing is broken though. Heal up soon! :love:

phesina
12-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, of course they know! Cats know everything we think and we do and that happens to us. And they know they have to take very good care of you so you'll get better.

chocolatepuppy
12-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear you got hurt Lut. I hope the pain is easing up for you.

RICHARD
12-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Can we skip December this year?

It's not even the first week and we have all kinds of chaos going on.

Hope you feel better!
Grab a cat and rub him on your arm!

mustlovedogs
12-05-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm sorry you're hurt! :( I hope you feel better soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Grab a cat and rub HIM on your arm!

oops, you will have to send the Edster over.... , my four cats are "female" :p;):D:)

Pam
12-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Lut I am so glad that your son was home! I hope that today you are feeling a little better. It is good that you didn't break anything!

Taz_Zoee
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM
How are you feeling today? I hope you were able to get some sleep.
Healing vibes coming your way. :)

prechrswife
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Ouch! Feel better soon!

kimlovescats
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh, dear, sweet Lut! I am so very sorry! Bless your heart! Please lie around on the couch and let your son and kitty nurses pamper you!:love:

Medusa
12-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Healing prayers headed your way......:love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
update

I couldn't sleep very well last night....:( I usually sleep on my right side...! So everytime my body tried to turn right, I got a flaming painshoot in my shoulder and was wide awake again :rolleyes:
This morning it took me at least half an hour to get washed and dressed:eek:. My hubby had to put on my socks, because that requires 2 hands :D. I also needed help to prepare my breakfast!!
I've been resting all day, and got sooooo bored:rolleyes:.
Once that the painkillers started working, I had "a bit" less pain than yesterday. But the slightest movement with that arm, brings it all back! I hope to get better soon, because I hate that pain, and I am NOT the kind of person that likes to just sit there and do nothing........

sparks19
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
OH man... makes me ache just thinking about it.

I'm sorry you are still in so much pain. I hope it starts to feel better soon.

shepgirl
12-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Just got to read your thread today...so sorry for what you're going through. Hope each day gets a bit more bearable. Pulled ligaments and strains can be so painful.

M&M's Mommy
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I am so sorry you was hurt. Hope you feel better soon.

(((hugs))))