PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

NANCY CUERVO
12-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Yesterday i went outside with my grandson and found a peached face lovebird walking on my driveway. I live in a small town in south carolina and it is cold here. I knew that the bird would not have made it through the night so i tried to catch it. Low and behold this bird came right to me thats when i knew that this bird was somebodys pet.until i can find the owner i have this bird that i know nothing about. Could somebody please tell me what they eat and can't eat? Actually i need all i need to know just in case i don't find it's owner. Please help!!:

pomtzu
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
If you just Google "peach face lovebirds", you can find just about anything you might need or want to know. I've had birds in the past, but never one of these, so I have no real advise to give you on this particular species.
Good luck - and I hope you can find the owner of the little escape artist! :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Actually, I need all I need to know just in case I don't find it's owner. Please help!!

I know noting about Burds either ...
But I've 'read' that you need to remove the Bird from kitchen areas - that they
are very sensitive to cooking fumes - especially dangerous are "Non-Stick"
pots & pans.

Maybe Burd is an escapee from a Christmas Pagent ... how many Lovebirds
are there in that song? :confused:

And THANKS for taking the poor Bird into your care!

Emeraldgreen
12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't know much about birds but you might be able to locate the family of the bird by Googling 'lost love bird' and include the name of the town you live in. If they have posted an ad somewhere on the internet or in a newspaper, it might pop up. The people who lost the bird may have also called local shelters to notify them so if you call them too, they might be able to connect you with them.
Another thing you could try is to check with your local vet hospitals and ask them if they have any love birds as patients and maybe this bird belongs to one of their clients.

I'm so glad you brought the bird in where it can be warm and safe. Whatever happens, at least it is safe now. :)