PDA

View Full Version : A thread for Pam and her family.

RICHARD
12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
I hope you will post some thoughts for Pam and her family.
She too lost her mother last week. It's a tough thing. All the cliches are appropriate at a time like this.

As much as you know it one day will happen, you are never prepared.
You do pray for the lord to ease them into his arms and onto peace.
And on and on....

Pam,

My heart and thoughts are with you and your family. There are times when you stop and wonder if you are the only person on the planet with a heavy heart.

Hearts are never to be heavy, broken or empty spaces. They are places filled with love and hope and all the things that make a person happy-especially with thoughts of the people you love and keep there.

The next things we will have in common should be fun, happy and full of smiles.

We deserve it!:)

Laura's Babies
12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Thought and prayers are with Pam and her family during this time of sadness.

Randi
12-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Pam, I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your mother. :( I hope you will remember the good times, and know that she is at peace now.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. :love:

(((hugs)))

Medusa
12-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Pam, at times like this, words seem so ineffectual but it's all we've got since we're so many miles away. I hope that you can take comfort in knowing that you have a big collective (((HUG))) from all your PT family. Losing our mom is comparable to no other loss. For a while after my mom died, I was angry because the world didn't stop. Then later I was comforted w/memories after the shock wore off. Please know that prayers are going up for you and Richard and all my PT family every day. :love:

smokey the elder
12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm so sorry about your mom. Wasn't she a member here? Maybe she's having tea with Richard's mom. {{Hugs}}

Barbara
12-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Oh Pam, I am so sorry. Losing my mom last year is still so close to me. I know we both are no spring chicken- but becoming an orphan is a tough thing. I am glad your family can bear this loss together.

CountryWolf07
12-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Thoughts & prayers are sent out to Pam & her family. :love:

Christiansmommy
12-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you Richard! How sweet are you!?! I am sorry to hear of your Mother's passing as well. It is so comforting to know that we have people to lean on in times like these, who share similar circumstances. ((HUGS)) to you during the upcoming holidays!

Thanks everyone, ( I am Pam's daughter, for those who don't know already). My sweet Nana is walking hand in hand with her Lord and Savior and is in a far better place :) She is with her beloved husband too, who went home to be with the Lord years and years ago.

Thanks for the nice thoughts! I know mom and I really appreciate it :)

wolf_Q
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this. :( I'll be keeping Pam and her family in my thoughts.

caseysmom
12-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Pam and Christiansmommy, Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry about your Mother/Grandmother, may she rest in peace.

Freedom
12-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh dear, I am so very sorry to be reading this news. Hugs to you, Pam, my thoughts are with you.

Ginger's Mom
12-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Pam, I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. Prayers and hugs going out for you and the whole family.

Lilith Cherry
12-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Condolences Pam and family on the loss of your mom. Remember all the good times you had together!

finn's mom
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Pam, I'm sorry. You are in my thoughts and heart. :love:

prechrswife
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss...:(

Taz_Zoee
12-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Pam and Christiansmommy. Your family, as well as Richards, are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
:(
Pam, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I was going to PM yesterday and check on you, since I have not seen you posting. I just did not want to bug you.

Please accept my apologies, and condolences. *HUGS* Katie and ALL kitties and pups

Joey pup sends a extra special "puppy kiss" just for you!

lvpets2002
12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
:( My Deepest Prayers go out to Pam & family for the loss of her mother.. God Bless You All

jazzcat
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Dear Pam and family, I want you to know how sorry I am to hear about your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Moesha
12-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I want to add my condolences and sympathies to all of the others posted.

Daisy and Delilah
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Pam and Robyn, the right words escape me. It's so hard to lose a family member. Especially a parent. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Love, Terry , Daisy and Delilah

slick
12-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Pam, I'm sorry, I did not know. :(:(

My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to lose a parent.

Prayers to you and your family. :love:

Much love
slick xoxo:love:

Cataholic
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Pam and Christiansmommy, I am so sorry for your loss.

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Godspeed Pam...

Husky_mom
12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I´m sorry to find out you have too lost your mom... and nana....

My condolences to you and your family... such hard times to go through.. but all in all... now they are happy and painless again... it´s ok to feel sad, but remember all the good times you had and that should give happiness to your heart to know they are now in a better place and most of all reunited with your dad...

gini
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Pam and Robyn, I know how harsh this loss is for you both. I pray that in time your pain will be replaced with all of the loving thoughts you have of your Mom/Grandmother.

Karen
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Pam, our thoughts are also with you and your family in this difficult time. Even when we know a death is going to happen, it can be a shock when it actually does. You will be in our prayers.

4 Dog Mother
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Pam and Robyn and all family members, I have you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. No time of the year is good to lose a family member but to lose them during the holidays always seems so terrible since you still have a big holiday to get through. Love and hugs, Diana

DrKym
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
My deepest sympathy Pam, may peace be a part of your Holidays, it is very tough losing a parent no matter what their age or yours. Hugs and love

Kym

krazyaboutkatz
12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Pam, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9soul
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Pam and Robyn, my deepest sympathies for the loss of your remarkable mother/grandmother. I don't think there's ever a time when one is truly "prepared" for the loss of a loved one. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

wolflady
12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Gosh, such a sad series of events! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss too, Pam. I can't even fathom the loss of a parent, so please know that I'm thinking about you and your family.
much love,
Karen

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Pam, I am so sorry for your loss. :love:

I know how hard it is. Somehow, I think all our parents are gathered around telling each other tales about their kids .... us! :love:

Pam
12-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Richard you are so sweet to be thinking of others when you are going through such a hard time yourself. I guess that is why we all love you! :love: Honestly, you always see the glass half full so I am sure you inherited that attitude from your mom. My mom instilled that in me too. Mothers have the greatest influence on their children over anyone else (at least that was so for me) and the loss is like no other. I have been doing pretty good and focusing on the good times and thinking of the life she is living right now that I can only try to imagine. I pray that those kinds of comforting thoughts are with you today and in the future days Richard. (((hugs)))... and thank you again. :)

AbbyMom
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hugs for both of you.

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Let's remember our good friends, Pam and Robyn, right now, too.

Pam's mother, Robyn's grandmother, Margaret,
passed away on Friday, November 28, 2008.
Her funeral was yesterday, Wednesday.

She lived to the glorious age of 99 years old.
Just knowing her daughter and granddaughter, I feel that this was a magnificent mother.

:(

I'm sorry we didn't know of Mom's passing before now ...
Sympathies should have been offered in a more timely fashion. :(

I'm sure She was welcomed to The Bridge by all her RB GrandFurrs and their BridgeKid Friends.

Rest In Peace, Ms Margaret, and know that your Passing is mourned by Many.

My {{{Hugs}}} of Sympathy go out to Pam and Robin.

/s/ :( Phred

AdoreMyDogs
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Pam, Robyn, and family. I know this is very hard for you. I can't even imagine losing my mother.

My deepest sympothies go out to your whole family. :( :love:

emily_the_spoiled
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Pam, I didn't realize that your mother had passed away.

Words can not make the hurt go away, but please accept my sympathies :(

K9karen
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Pam and Robyn..
I feel like I've known your mom/nana all these years. She was an awesome lady!

She lived a wonderfully full life, God Bless Her Heart. We should all be so lucky..99 years....

It thrills me to know she's with her hubby. It comforts ME that she's healthy and happy. You all were wonderful to her and she'll be with you forever! See ya later nana!!!!!

Alysser
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Pam. ((hugs))

lizbud
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.:( I'm sure she has been
welcomed to heaven by now. Mom's are special & she will be missed.

carole
12-04-2008, 04:50 PM
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family at this very sad and difficult time, may you find comfort here amongst your PT friends, who grieve with you and understand the sadness you are feeling, Love and hugs,

ramanth
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
My sincerest condolences to Pam and her family. :( :( *hugs* :love:

chocolatepuppy
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm so sorry Pam.:( Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

KYS
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
OH! Pam I am so sorry!
This is not a good month.
Sending hugs and Prayers your way.
(((HUGS)))

Casper
12-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Pam, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this difficult time. :( I'm sorry.

sparks19
12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
OMG... Pam. I am so sorry :(

I really have no words. I'm so sorry

Pam
12-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Thank you everybody. I am doing pretty good although on Wednesday I was thinking to myself "I have nowhere to go tomorrow" (since I always visited Mom on Thursdays) and the tears came out of nowhere. My tears are for me and not her. As the pastor said at her funeral, "if we were were to ask her to come back she would say "No Thank You!" I rest in that! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm so sorry for you & your family, dear Pam :(

sending you a big hug :love::love::love:!!

Cookiebaker
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Pam, I am so sorry for your loss of your Mom. :( Sending you lots of {{hugs}}.

shais_mom
12-05-2008, 10:24 AM
much love and sympathy on the way for Pam and Robyn and all the family.
:love::love:((hugs)):love::love:

caseysmom
12-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you everybody. I am doing pretty good although on Wednesday I was thinking to myself "I have nowhere to go tomorrow" (since I always visited Mom on Thursdays) and the tears came out of nowhere. My tears are for me and not her. As the pastor said at her funeral, "if we were were to ask her to come back she would say "No Thank You!" I rest in that! :)

I know what you mean, my mom always came over for dinner on Saturday night, it was strange on saturdays after she passed on. That is how I found her, she didn't show up on time on saturday so I had to go looking for her. I had a fresh peach milkshake in the freezer waiting for her, I had to have my husband throw it away.

Maybe for a while you can take flowers to her grave to comfort you on thursdays? In time it will be easier.

kimlovescats
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Dear Pam and Robyn, I am so terribly sorry to hear of your mother / grandmother's passing!:( I am sure there can be no greater pain than losing your mother. I pray that the Lord will give you peace in your hearts!:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Pam and Christiansmommy, I am soo terribly sorry for your loss. I know how hard this is for you....
Love and prayers on the way!:love:

caseysmom
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
How are you doing Pam? I hope your okay.

cassiesmom
12-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Pam, I am just now seeing this thread. Remembering you in thoughts and prayers.

Rachel
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Thought of it being a week on Friday and now going into another week. The separation process takes on new dimensions as each day passes. Even as we get older, I doubt that we ever outgrow our need for a mother.

One of the things I learned about Pam's mother was that she was so well liked at the retirement community where she spent her final years. As we age some of our ideosyncracies can be a bit off putting, so that is no small attribute to have. She was also an extremely unselfish woman who spent many years caring for a husband who was ill. Even though I never met her, these aspects of how she lived her life are something I would like to strive to emulate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got a suspicion that Pam's mom made a significant stop at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to both of you, Pam and Robyn.

Killearn Kitties
12-10-2008, 05:10 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear this, and sorry I am so late in seeing it. Your posts mentioned your mother on occasion Pam, and it was obvious how much she meant to you.
Sending very best wishes for all your family at this time.

joycenalex
12-10-2008, 05:15 AM
pam, robyn, i just saw this today, i am so so sorry for your huge loss.

Pam
12-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Thank you so much everyone. This is really the most caring community of people that I ever met. I am so thankful that I found this site so many years ago. :) My grief is for myself. Mom is in heaven - no doubt in my mind! Rachel is so right. She was loved by all. The one LPN who had been assigned to her for the last few years happens to be a man. He told me recently that he loved my mom. They would "throw" kisses to each other. It was the cutest thing to watch. Mom would kiss her hand and then, using her index finger, she would "flick" the kiss to Bill and he would reciprocate. :)

I have a little sort of shrine on my dining room table. :) There is a huge plant from my niece and her hubby in the center and then I have a picture of Mom and a picture of Dad next to it in front of the plant along with the guest book that was at the funeral. I am now able to walk by the "shrine" and smile, knowing she is happy and whole now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got a suspicion that Pam's mom made a significant stop at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to both of you, Pam and Robyn.

Rachel, most definitely she has found our dogs, hers and mine, and probably has a lapful now. She also loved little children. Just a few years ago she told me she wished she could have adopted some children earlier in life (she only had two - my brother and myself) and would still do it at the age of 90 if she was allowed! LOL!

Thank you once again everyone. I was very fortunate to have had her in my life. She had a big impact on me and probably in many ways I am who I am because of her. :)