PDA

View Full Version : Cocker spaniel sounds

IRescue452
12-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm trying to convince Wallace that cocker spaniels don't make sounds like huskies or hounds. He goes "aroo-woo" when I come home from work and he's in his kennel. Its the most adorable sound that could ever come out of a dog, but its not a cocker sound that I know of. Pepper always had her woof-woofs and maybe a high-pitched "siren" bark at the doorbell, but no roo-roos that I remember. Anybody else with cocker spaniels care to tell me if they've ever heard a roo-roo out of their dog?

Taz_Zoee
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
You know, sometimes our cocker DJ would aroo-woo. Like when he heard a siren off in the distance. But normally he would woof woof. We got video of him barking at a cat toy. I'll have to watch it again and take note of his bark.

IRescue452
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
A boy thing perhaps. Its such a cute, gruff sounding aroowoo but I've just never heard that kinda bark out of a cocker. I've never even heard his regular bark from a cocker, he sounds more like a lhasa-apso to me.

DrKym
12-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Goof does aroooooooooooooo but only when my sons come in, she otherwise just yaps like most cockers. (I think she is personally ratting me out on cleaning days to the kids):eek:

luvofallhorses
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
My boss' senior cocker spaniel, Daisy Mae she adopted makes that sound and reminds me of Lady from Lady and the tramp. :) It's adorable.